Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
Sorry if fixtures but Navarro has twittered that he is reading NSC and there are a lot of negative comments about him.

I haven't read any yet but if there is just lay of the guy. We should be supporting our players and not bringing them down. He had a great game and a great player

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He hardly had a 'great game' did he?

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
He just messaged again that he will no longer look on NCS cos it's all negative and doesn't want it to get him down anymore.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Has steadied the midfield since the poor run, giving Bridcutt long needed support in defensive duties (Dicker & Co crap at that).
Glad the Albion gave him another ccontract.

I noticed during the game, in breaks in play, he was remonstrating/advising other midfielders, when it was going wrong. Taking leadership & communicating.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I thought he played really well today. I had doubts about him in the championship, especially after the injury, but he has proved me wrong.
I thought he was better than Bridcutt today.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Navarro does a job for the team. He isn't going to stand out, and he won't ever be a fans favourite. I'm sure Gus, Bridcutt and the other players appreciate the role that he plays when he's in the team. If you're reading this, mr Navarro, don't be paying too much attention to this forum. We're football fans, we're fickle.

Personally, I've nothing against Navarro as a player and since getting fit under Poyet, he has been a key player for us. The injury last season was a real shame for him and prevented him from being a key player, which clearly he was going to be. We went to Swindon on the opening day with Navarro as the key cog in the midfield, and we would never have signed Bridcutt but for the injury. But it happened, we signed Bridcutt and now I think that Navarro is second fiddle to him. No shame in that, and if Gus likes having the pair in the midfield together then I won't argue with him.

I'm much more attacking than Gus (The difference between being a fan and the manager!) and I'd rather see Bridcutt left on his own to screen the back four, have Harley play alongside him making runs from deeper and having Noone/LuaLua and Buckley/Vicente on the wings. All out attacking flair.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I thought he had a good game again today. Linked up play well in Midfield. Again he seems to get 1 or 2 games, then Gus leaves him out of the team. Needs a bit of a run in the team to get back to full pre-injury quality he was!

Keep it up Navs :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Navarro would be much more of an asset if he showed for the ball. When he hasn't got the ball, he doesn't appear to move into space to receive it in the way that Bridcutt does. On the positive side, his passing is largely excellent.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's right. I just posted this on the player rating thread, against barnsley he was a star man for us, yet people on her referred to him as the weak link and not up to it. I think he, like barnes, paynter, harley, painter, sparrow, dicker, are sorts of players whose contributions get overlooked, people only seem to notice them when they screw up, or they have people who judge them on what they think the players should be doing instead of what they are doing.

More players should avoid fan sites, though. They won't really be able to determine the trolls from the spoofs from the fair comments. Even then, they may just not like the fair comments.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Considering he just come back from Bastard of an injury he did fine.

My thoughts exactly... It takes a long time to recover from the career threatening injury that he sustained... Before the injury he was one of our best players IMO, and he will get better with the more game time he gets... Good luck to him I say.

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
There was a thread about do players read NSC and the answer we know is yes and unfortunately make our players feel like crap. Sort it out lads and get behind our players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here