Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nalyor goes on the attack against Knight in the Argus

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It s not what is actually written but what the insinuations and inuendos are that make it interesting reading.

I notice that you didnt comment on the bit about the Press Officer finding out the answers if he doesnt know them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mr Banana said:
Not since I last read the views of Richard Littlejohn have I seen anyone go so far off the bullshit scale.
I'm glad someone else said that. It was a stupid paragraph borne of pure hatred. I'd have got flamed and accused of sticking my head up DK's arse if I'd dared to challenge that paragraph - it was risible.

Mr Banana said:
I'd be interested to know whether the club are considering legal action against Naylor over this 'article', not least the accusation that Knight interferes in team selection. It would be a fitting path of retribution given Naylor's own haste to pursue court proceedings when a fanzine dared to suggest his views might not be completely impartial.
Doubt it. I can't believe they would be that churlish.

However, what is the story of Naylor's litigious actions and against which fanzine? I must have missed that one.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
BensGrandad said:
It s not what is actually written but what the insinuations and inuendos are that make it interesting reading.

I notice that you didnt comment on the bit about the Press Officer finding out the answers if he doesnt know them.

Why should he, if I walked into Comet and asked them for their profit margins on DVD players, why on earth would they tell me?

And as I have said at length already, no one knows the answer at present, as we are four years on from the public inquiry

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
William Chops said:
1) cap in hand to the supporters claiming two million to survive, then sell players worth a total greater than 2 million but still claim we are skint.

2) at the time of ITV Digital collapse club claim they are running to a strict budget, and on an even keel. Shortly after this club claim they are running at a huge loss.

The club seem to choose statements to suit their propaganda needs.

not wishing to get behind the anonymity of posters...but is it true you are a member of falmer parish council?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dave the Gaffer said:
not wishing to get behind the anonymity of posters...but is it true you are a member of falmer parish council?

Unlikely, he would have not suggested the Sarah Watts push and pull daisy chain if he was a NIMBY

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
EP

Sorry I was getting confused with the question asked on Ask The Club about our break even figure (attendance now).

I would agree that Falmer is too far away to consider calculations of break even figures etc as costs are rising as we type.

When we were going to leave the Goldstone Beeding would have cost less than £40m for a complete job with everything included bnow probably nearer £100m+. Not that we shall go there but just using it as an example.

Wasnt the original quote for Falmer £35m

Noticed the mistake not £40 but £40m

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
El Presidente said:
Unlikely, he would have not suggested the Sarah Watts push and pull daisy chain if he was a NIMBY

you may be surprised

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I now have a COLUMN in the Stockport Express each week........at the princely rate of £15 p.w.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Les Biehn said:
Its almost as if Naylor has no awareness of our financial situation.

Er we just supposedly offered A decent sum to buy a quality striker and ridiculous wages? Financial situation....?:rolleyes:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Am I right in thinking that most of the Withdean gate receipts go to Brighton and Hove Council in rental for our crappy ground? I can't see how we can be losing money on each game otherwise. If the Council really wanted to help the club in its current financial predicament, it could try waiving/reducing its exorbitant charges for a start.

:nono:

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
To summarise Naylor,s article;......

1) Dick Knight is a control freak

2) He acts far too slowly

3) He doesn,t trust his managers ability (even though he appoints them)

4) He is upset about his mate (McGhee)

5) Dick is too negative

6) He chooses now to vent his spleen, because there is dissent in the ranks and he might be able to get away with this.

Mr.Naylor, we know you lurk on this board (
:wave: :wave: ) so I would like to take this opportunity to tell you, that you are a crap reporter. When are you going to inform us of something that we don,t already know...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here