Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** My new car website: www.carcargalore.com ***

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
For now the only thing we need to do is build awareness, and lots of content of car sales on the site...in a few years who know, for now though its purely a building excerise to gain mass awareness.

If anyone else can "like" the facebook icon at the bottom would be great :D

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Good luck with your new business :thumbsup:

Brave move launching with next to nothing on there. If I were you I would get some used car dealers signed up and add their cars, and then launch - as 'No results found' is a bit of a 'game over' sign. It's a bit like opening a shop before you have any stock...

Also, and not sure if anyone else has posted this, but having the clickable list of all cars and then 99% of them giving no results doesn't seem to add much to the user experience. Either ditch it or only make the ones that have results clickable.

Gotta get the search right - yelp.com are pretty hot on this.

Finally, the call to action on the car detail page needs to be more obvious IMHO, so the potential buyer can see straight away what they can do to buy/view the car.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is this a local site for local people?

I'm about to sell my car, so it'll go on there. Just got to work out how to raise awareness in Cornwall so that someone might be interested in travelling to see it.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Is this a local site for local people?

I'm about to sell my car, so it'll go on there. Just got to work out how to raise awareness in Cornwall so that someone might be interested in travelling to see it.

Hi yes please do list your car.

Its a national site but we're also building in localised versions to keep it ranking well amd to enable each local site to provide a great resource for finding local cars.

All cars listed go onto the national site :)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Yeah thats what im going to offer (started with one today)

If they take than a wk to list i will offer to do it all for them for their initial stocklist amd set them up dealer profiles etc.

I'll do whatever it takes :)

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Great stuff - would it be possible to have some random profiles on the front page or the main car / motorbike /vans etc pages. Will make the site look like its busy.. and that'll really help with new punters who may stumble across the site.

At the mo it's quite hard to find a car at all.

Anyway good luck mate - always good to see someone with a bit of initiative!

I started my own business a year or so ago and all is very well.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've 'liked it' for you fella. good luck. try approaching Frosts, they have sites in chichester, shoreham, newhaven and haywards heath, plus one of the directors is an Albion fan :thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
i've not looked or anything - I don't drive!

Having the balls to do something like this though, fair enough! Good luck buddy. Take the criticism on here as well as you have done is a great idea so well played.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here