Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Why do we actually bother with this lot? They're like a broken record, it's so boring there are no more words left to describe it.

"Zaha's the best young player outside the Prem. What do you mean Rhodes went for £8m? Okay, well Clyne's the best full-back outside the prem, he'll only go to a top 4 side...wait, he's gone? To Southampton? Oh well no real loss, he wasn't all that really, Joel Ward's the best full back outside the Prem. Who's that Brighton have signed? Wayne Bridge, Thomasz Kuszczak, Bruno Saltor, David Lopez, Andrew Crofts, Andrea Orlandi, Stephen Dobbie and Dean Hammond? All players with La Liga, Premiership, or European football on their CV? Naah, I'd rather have Moritz thanks, did you know Scottish Division 3 side Rangers turned him down? And Aaron Wilbrahim looks an astute signing, he's PROFILIC after all."

If all their players are so good, if they're REALLY that good - why are Palace down the bottom of the table every year? Jesus wept, if only they could actually hear themselves. Yes, some Albion fans are getting very carried away by our meteoric rise and, yes, a touch arrogant. But Palace know really that we're not going anywhere, we're not the tinpot plucky lower league outfit we once were, we're not getting relegated, and it's not going to be the easy ride for them they've had for 15 years. They're rattled, they were quiet as a mouse when we were at the Withdean, and now we've got a stadium, and crowds, and money, and players with greater pedigree than they could even dream of right now, they're out of the woodwork crowing that we're the deluded ones. Sorry boys but look at the league. Last time I checked, that's how football is settled. League positions. We were above you last year and we're above you now - if you climb above us, fine, give us the stick we're giving you now. Beat us in head-to-head matches, fine we'll take the abuse we'll inevitably dish your way if we win. But right now, at this moment in time, we're better than you. The tables have turned, and any denial of that FACT, as in, proveable TRUTH, is the definition of delusion in action. Summary: hush your gums.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Muzza: he left you for the bigger club. Face it, with the right service he will get 20 goals. And in Zaha, Moritz, Goodwillie, Bolasie and Williams, he will get that.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
You can't even spell Freedman's name correctly, says it all, you know bugger all about football

Finally! She bites!

:fishing:

I see you signed up on here in April 2011, obviously another of the JCL's that infest the wonky warehouse.

What does being a member of a fans forum have to do about anything? But I see you're clutching at straws now. When will you cry me a river? Cry me a river?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've only just watched the FL show on BBC iPlayer. Having now seen Murray's goals, I have to say I can't believe Gus let him go; we're crying out for a striker that has the finishing ability to be able to tap it in from 5 yards.

What was slightly odd was Dave Jones' interview after the game where he blamed the ref for Wendy's defeat because of reversing a penalty decision that had originally gone against them??!!! Very odd excuse for getting beaten by the weakest team in the league.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Not angry then? You know f all about my club. In fact, you prob know f all about football, just like 75% of your plastic fans. If you don't want to have a debate about Palace then why open the thread. Not rocket science.

I've probably been watching football since before you were an itch in your old man's pants, Not just at the Albion, I've watched games at Arsenal,Norwich,Everton ,Spurs, Tonbridge, Fisher ect ect and been a regular at The Goldstone, Priestfield,Withdean and the Amex so don't give me your "plastic"shit. I'm on a Brighton board that is regularly infested with idiot palace blindly believing their club is not in a downward spiral and insisting that they're recent mediocre signings are going to propel them up the league. If you seriously believe your bunch of rejects, bankrupts, has beens and never were's are anything other than relegation strugglers you need to question your own football knowledge.You have two decent players in Zaha and Williams...that is NOT enough to be challenging for the play offs. Yes I am angry, angry that we have to continually read such delusional crap on OUR board .If you want to discuss how you (wrongly) think palace are so brilliant do it on the Holmesdale or BBS no one here cares.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why do we actually bother with this lot? They're like a broken record, it's so boring there are no more words left to describe it.

"Zaha's the best young player outside the Prem. What do you mean Rhodes went for £8m? Okay, well Clyne's the best full-back outside the prem, he'll only go to a top 4 side...wait, he's gone? To Southampton? Oh well no real loss, he wasn't all that really, Joel Ward's the best full back outside the Prem. Who's that Brighton have signed? Wayne Bridge, Thomasz Kuszczak, Bruno Saltor, David Lopez, Andrew Crofts, Andrea Orlandi, Stephen Dobbie and Dean Hammond? All players with La Liga, Premiership, or European football on their CV? Naah, I'd rather have Moritz thanks, did you know Scottish Division 3 side Rangers turned him down? And Aaron Wilbrahim looks an astute signing, he's PROFILIC after all."

If all their players are so good, if they're REALLY that good - why are Palace down the bottom of the table every year? Jesus wept, if only they could actually hear themselves. Yes, some Albion fans are getting very carried away by our meteoric rise and, yes, a touch arrogant. But Palace know really that we're not going anywhere, we're not the tinpot plucky lower league outfit we once were, we're not getting relegated, and it's not going to be the easy ride for them they've had for 15 years. They're rattled, they were quiet as a mouse when we were at the Withdean, and now we've got a stadium, and crowds, and money, and players with greater pedigree than they could even dream of right now, they're out of the woodwork crowing that we're the deluded ones. Sorry boys but look at the league. Last time I checked, that's how football is settled. League positions. We were above you last year and we're above you now - if you climb above us, fine, give us the stick we're giving you now. Beat us in head-to-head matches, fine we'll take the abuse we'll inevitably dish your way if we win. But right now, at this moment in time, we're better than you. The tables have turned, and any denial of that FACT, as in, proveable TRUTH, is the definition of delusion in action. Summary: hush your
gums.

Perfectly sums up the entire situation. Unarguable.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I've only just watched the FL show on BBC iPlayer. Having now seen Murray's goals, I have to say I can't believe Gus let him go; we're crying out for a striker that has the finishing ability to be able to tap it in from 5 yards.

What was slightly odd was Dave Jones' interview after the game where he blamed the ref for Wendy's defeat because of reversing a penalty decision that had originally gone against them??!!! Very odd excuse for getting beaten by the weakest team in the league.

He was suggesting the fact he called a pen then reversed it fired Palace up. He shouldn't have given the penalty originally, and if he hadn't, maybe Palace wouldn't have had that extra anger to go and score.

Pretty weak, but you can see his reasoning

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Class. Sheer class
Muzza: he left you for the bigger club. Face it, with the right service he will get 20 goals. And in Zaha, Moritz, Goodwillie, Bolasie and Williams, he will get that.
The way most of you talk is as if you will walk the league, it comes across very arrogant.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: you're just priceless.

They really need to choose their battles more carefully ....today was NOT the right day .....muppets:rave:
Decide to make this post after CMS has his best ever performance for Brighton - thank you Palace.
This thread is bloody hilarious :clap2: :clap2:

I applaud Palace's blindness
It's incredible isn't it. Sir Tony Bloom has paid for a wonderful stadium for us, and is looking after the cash flow, but my understanding is that we are self sufficient. Transfers and wages are paid for by sales of tickets, merchandise, tv rights etc. Yet there are Palace fans saying they're the ones doing it right.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

If all their players are so good, if they're REALLY that good - why are Palace down the bottom of the table every year? Jesus wept, if only they could actually hear themselves. Yes, some Albion fans are getting very carried away by our meteoric rise and, yes, a touch arrogant. But Palace know really that we're not going anywhere, we're not the tinpot plucky lower league outfit we once were, we're not getting relegated, and it's not going to be the easy ride for them they've had for 15 years. They're rattled, they were quiet as a mouse when we were at the Withdean, and now we've got a stadium, and crowds, and money, and players with greater pedigree than they could even dream of right now, they're out of the woodwork crowing that we're the deluded ones. Sorry boys but look at the league. Last time I checked, that's how football is settled. League positions. We were above you last year and we're above you now - if you climb above us, fine, give us the stick we're giving you now. Beat us in head-to-head matches, fine we'll take the abuse we'll inevitably dish your way if we win. But right now, at this moment in time, we're better than you. The tables have turned, and any denial of that FACT, as in, proveable TRUTH, is the definition of delusion in action. Summary: hush your gums.

Love this. Can we make it compulsory for the palace idiots to read this before posting or just ban them regardless.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Such a long post suggests you're the one rattled. As the other Palace fan stated, until you are in a higher league from us, the tides won't of turned. Outside of Brighton, Palace will still be seen as the bigger club, as the great Brian Clough once said, people don't go to Brighton to watch football they go to attend a Tory Party conference. Keep crowing about your new found attendants but we all know the real story on that. You're more plastic than MK Dons.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Such a long post suggests you're the one rattled. As the other Palace fan stated, until you are in a higher league from us, the tides won't of turned. Outside of Brighton, Palace will still be seen as the bigger club, as the great Brian Clough once said, people don't go to Brighton to watch football they go to attend a Tory Party conference. Keep crowing about your new found attendants but we all know the real story on that. You're more plastic than MK Dons.

That is probably the most pathetic statement I have ever seen. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of football and what we have gone through to get in the situation we are now, would find it ridiculous. To be fair at least you show your ignorance about football which shows how pointless everything else you say is.

I would have thought a long and reasoned post would show a strong argument but the fact you don't answer any of it, shows you have no case (or you can't read large amounts of text)!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

It's too early to look at the league table, it means very little. After the way we played yesterday, Palace fans are feeling extremely optimistic. Dougie set out a side to play attacking football against Wednesday - a team unbeaten in 16 games - and we looked comfortably the better side. Murray up front showed what he can do when provided service, new boy Bolasie and Zaha on the wings both had the beating of their full-backs time and time again, and Moritz in the centre of the park looked the most assured and comfortable player on the pitch. He will be the find of the season I feel.

By the way, for those thinking Moritz was a "Rangers reject", he most certainly wasn't. What actually happened, as revealed by Sir Douglas the other day, is that Freedman heard that he was impressing at Rangers through one of his Scottish mates who is a scout. He found out who his agent was, and it was ex-Palace Andy Gray. He then told Andy Gray to bring him to Palace, so Moritz refused to play in a practice game for Rangers and ended his trial there. He then trained with us for a week and we were very impressed, so offered him a contract. No idea why it's only 1 year, and we should look to extend this deal immediately if possible. He is extremely good.

FYI, nobody ever claimed that Clyne "wasn't all that" when he left for Southampton. Even in their early games he has been comfortably their best player and has adapted to the Premier League like we thought he would. He turned down Newcastle for first team at football at Southampton (he hinted to turning down United too in the paper yesterday for the same reason) and I very much doubt he will be there for long. As for Rhodes moving for £8m, that doesn't change the fact that Zaha is the best young player outside the Premiership. He has played 4 games this season and already has 4 assists. Joel Ward is most certainly not the best fullback outside the Premiership, but was the best option available at the time. Nobody in this division would come close to replacing Clyne, but we got the best young replacement possible and hopefully he will grow into his role.

As for your criticism of Wilbraham - he simply isn't a first team player. At 32 he will be on low wages and has a lot of experience, he will largely be used to shore up games late on. He was signed as cover and should do the job asked of him.

Wait a month or two and look at the table then. We've got a very tough run of games coming up (5 teams who will all expect to be near the top 6) and after that we will have a good idea of whether or not we expect to challenge for the playoffs this season. However if early signs are anything to go by, our new signings look very good and will improve our squad massively. Moritz, Bolasie and Blake in particular look great. Dougie has built a squad that suits the way he wants to play, and fans have bought into it.

As for your potential superiority, that remains to be seen. I think you're exaggerating how good your new signings are (with the exception of Dobbie) as Orlandi hardly got a game for Swansea, and your La Liga players were very much in the reserves (or else you wouldn't have signed them) but I will wait until I have seen them play before I judge them.

I certainly think that we will find ourselves comfortably in the top half this season, and I think that you may well join us there. This league will be a strange one because at the moment, some of the sides predicted for glory look to be very fragile - Bolton, Wolves and Birmingham for example. Still, I think that we may have been underestimated somewhat and that with time to jell, our team will only get stronger. This should also be the case for yourselves. Either way, things are a long way from settled, and I look forward to what promises to be an exciting year!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Think you'll find it was such a long post because it had to be written on small, easy to understand words.

To finish 7 places above you in our first season back at this level would, then to improve the squad on a big scale suggest the tide has not only turned but well and truely gone way out.

Brian Clough also said if your granny had balls she would be your grandad some FORTY years ago. I understand you living in the past as its all you have, the future is all Brighton and the sooner you accept this the easier it will be to spend the second season of our dominance over you looking up the table at us.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

Down the bottom every year?Where we're you in that time?
Rotherham Wycombe and Burton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here