Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at Withdean

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
atilla,

don't listen to the pop princesses. chart music, as i'm sure most of us agree, is awful. the stuff you play is hardly niche, but it's not the bubblegum pop that makes you wanna throw up. i think you're doing a great job and hope you continue into the falmer era.

incidently i've been coming accross your name in mark steel's 'reasons to be cheerful', which i'm thoroughly enjoying.

atilla,

don't listen to the pop princesses. chart music, as i'm sure most of us agree, is awful. the stuff you play is hardly niche, but it's not the bubblegum pop that makes you wanna throw up. i think you're doing a great job and hope you continue into the falmer era.

incidently i've been coming accross your name in mark steel's 'reasons to be cheerful', which i'm thoroughly enjoying.

Not surprisingly the point is as usual straight over your head. If we want to re-build our fanbase to fill Falmer then we need to make the match day experience more child friendly. We can all agree that most of the stuff in the charts is a big pile of steaming horseshit but if kids like it then we should be thinking about playing some of it. Is that really so hard to understand?

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Not surprisingly the point is as usual straight over your head. If we want to re-build our fanbase to fill Falmer then we need to make the match day experience more child friendly. We can all agree that most of the stuff in the charts is a big pile of steaming horseshit but if kids like it then we should be thinking about playing some of it. Is that really so hard to understand?

not really. that is, after all, a very complex argument you're putting forward there, lokki. so, let me see if i understand this: the play pen will go in the concourse, and the ball pit...the goal mouth?

not really. that is, after all, a very complex argument you're putting forward there, lokki. so, let me see if i understand this: the play pen will go in the concourse, and the ball pit...the goal mouth?

atilla,

i think you're doing a great job and hope you continue into the falmer era.

I think the play pen is going just behind the crap poetry exhibition at the back of the real ale tent.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

One of the BEST things about going to football matches when I was a kid was that it was an adult environment... the crushing crowd, the smell of tobacco smoke, a sneaky hotdog between meals.

What a shame for our kids that it is now a sanitised and childish environment.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
atilla,

One of my favourite books!

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
One of the BEST things about going to football matches when I was a kid was that it was an adult environment... the crushing crowd, the smell of tobacco smoke, a sneaky hotdog between meals.

What a shame for our kids that it is now a sanitised and childish environment.

exactly. not to mention the fact that kids make up a minority of the attendence.

One of my favourite books!

recommend any others?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As posted on the other thread. Atilla got it SPOT ON today I felt. :thumbsup:

Jedward (Mendoza literally CAME) , I Predict a Riot, Broken Heels for Gullys Girls, God is a DJ.

Well done.

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
whoosh!!!!!!!!!

i think that all tannoy announcements should be made in french for the benefit of any possible holiday makers in the ground. seeing as they might recommend visiting the stadium to one of their friends.

neeeeeeeeeooooooooowwwww.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As I was walking in got a blast of bloody Jedward surely no one can be happy with that sort of shite being played. Didn't even get to No 1 despite all the press

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As I was walking in got a blast of bloody Jedward surely no one can be happy with that sort of shite being played. Didn't even get to No 1 despite all the press

It is more relevant to a larger cross section of fans at the game today than some 80s punk music

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

You just DONT get it do you.

The FAMILY STAND was packed today. EXACTLY what was required.

I will say again...well done Atilla. :thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You just DONT get it do you.

The FAMILY STAND was packed today. EXACTLY what was required.

I will say again...well done Atilla. :thumbsup:

and the family stand was packed because of Jedward was it, do one.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
and the family stand was packed because of Jedward was it, do one.

No but it was REQUIRED so hopefully it all adds to the Withdean experience and that people, especially those with KIDS that enjoy that sort of music may come back.

I also bet that alot of those in the family stand will be going to see the x factor thing at the brighton centre as well 2nite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here