Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at Withdean

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What a ridiculous comment.

Every generation has its influences. Even yours.

By extension, we should never have started playing ska and punk in the first place.

Everything about supporting the Albion is starting to move forward. It's a professional football club, not a working mans club.

spot on

the pre-game music at withdean is WANK. its exactly the same with this "we all want real ale" shit at falmer - yes, its good for the beardy weardy and dick knight lovers in the current fanbase, but if you want to appeal to those who don't normally come to the albion and aren't regular fans, then serving ale that 80% of people wont drink and playing music by bands that 80% of people havent heard of and think is shit isn't the way to go about it

they get it SPOT ON with the music at wembley prior to games in my opinion in terms of generating an atmosphere and getting people into the match ahead - and ive never heard any punk or ska wank there

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
In the ten years + at Withdean ive only heard the Pistols played twice Vacant, and HITS, very disapointing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well? Did Buzzer's compilation get an airing?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes. But it may have been a fit of pique because a request from Paul Samrah was played before so his three songs actually turned into one and a half.

There was then a monologue from Atilla about Paul Samrah being in hospital. Could have left it tll the Tuesday when we had the usual Kaiser Chiefs and stuff like that.

So Atilla if you are reading for the next home game.

La Roux - In For The Kill

Cheryl Cole - Fight for this love.

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

CHEYAS x

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. But it may have been a fit of pique because a request from Paul Samrah was played before so his three songs actually turned into one and a half.

There was then a monologue from Atilla about Paul Samrah being in hospital. Could have left it tll the Tuesday when we had the usual Kaiser Chiefs and stuff like that.

So Atilla if you are reading for the next home game.

Little Boots - Stuck On Repeat

Cheryl Cole - THREE WORDS.

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

CHEYAS x

That's better I reckon.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Well? Did Buzzer's compilation get an airing?

The PA system was so inaudible on Saturday, who could tell? Even the half time presentations were lost in the ether. Having said that I thought Gully's Girls routine was one of the best yet. How they hear the beat to dance to I do not know unless North stand PA is better than South Stand..

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
spot on

the pre-game music at withdean is WANK. its exactly the same with this "we all want real ale" shit at falmer - yes, its good for the beardy weardy and dick knight lovers in the current fanbase, but if you want to appeal to those who don't normally come to the albion and aren't regular fans, then serving ale that 80% of people wont drink and playing music by bands that 80% of people havent heard of and think is shit isn't the way to go about it

they get it SPOT ON with the music at wembley prior to games in my opinion in terms of generating an atmosphere and getting people into the match ahead - and ive never heard any punk or ska wank there

no, you're quite right, lets pass up the opportunity to offer something different and more discerning and offer the same watered-down rubbish (both music and drink) that can be found everywhere else. the starter pistol for the race to the bottom has just been fired...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
no, you're quite right, lets pass up the opportunity to offer something different and more discerning and offer the same watered-down rubbish (both music and drink) that can be found everywhere else. the starter pistol for the race to the bottom has just been fired...

Musical SNOBBERY is the BEST.

In fact snobbery and the holier than tho attitude or the fact that Im so much better because I dont drink lager or like pop(ular) music.

Fine. Turn up a 2.59 having drank your real ale in the wirdy beardy tent beforehand having had tunes from artists you and only 5 others have heard of.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

In fact snobbery and the holier than tho attitude or the fact that Im so much better because I dont drink lager or like pop(ular) music.

Fine. Turn up a 2.59 having drank your real ale in the wirdy beardy tent beforehand having had tunes from artists you and only 5 others have heard of.

stop it Marcus, this is Brighton we are talking about. Its all about being a "better fan than you"
:angel:

Personally

10 out of 10 Paulo Nitini
lady - that song that the video had some kid playing with a toy aeroplane and the singers dressed as spacemen
Chasing Cars - The Irish band lot

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Music and beer.
Two very important things in life!
Such debates will never be resolved, because we all have different opinions, and long may that continue. But don't worry, everyone, there will (quite literally) be room for everyone and all tastes (in beer and music) at Falmer!
And yes, I've still got Buzzer's CD. I think there is a Le Roux track on there.
Although I must say I am surprised that Imran's former opening attack partner has turned his hand to pop music. :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Music and beer.
Two very important things in life!
Such debates will never be resolved, because we all have different opinions, and long may that continue. But don't worry, everyone, there will (quite literally) be room for everyone and all tastes (in beer and music) at Falmer!
And yes, I've still got Buzzer's CD. I think there is a Le Roux track on there.
Although I must say I am surprised that Imran's former opening attack partner has turned his hand to pop music. :)

any chance of some Paulo Nitini John?

So who is being sobby with a holier than thou attitude:eek::laugh:

In fact snobbery and the holier than tho attitude or the fact that Im so much better because I dont drink proper beer or like pop(ular) music that's older than last years.

Fine. Turn up a 2.59 having drank your nitro piss lager in the wirdy kiddies tent beforehand having had tunes from artists only you have heard of

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've not ploughed through 10 pages so this point may have been made.
But does the music on the tannoy REALLY matter ? I mean really ? Quite apart from the fact it sounds like an SOS broadcast from the south pacific, you can barely hear a thing above the crackle and tin anyway. Its background noise. Its superflous. Its pointless. Its like worrying about what music is played when you're in a lift.

The tannoy should be for team news, half time / full time scores, and (if we MUST have them) birthday annnouncements for the kiddies. As for the music, I couldn't give a flying fig at a rolling donut whether its Frank Sinatra, Bucks Fizz or Slayer. Its just a hissy noise through those shitty speakers anyway.

10 pages ?! I had NO idea it was this important to people.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
any chance of some Paulo Nitini John?

I thought he was a Nut not a Nit :lolol: I like him too, two very different albums which makes a change from most musicians who end up sounding the same once they have had a bit of success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here