Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at Withdean

King Kong

Feb 24, 2010
Is atilla the announcer at the ground then?

Never really thought about the music until now, but come to think of it there should definately be more modern stuff. Not the same every week and not some shithouse alternative rock but something aimed at the young'uns. As mentioned previously you want the kids and teens hooked - they are the future.

Oh and one more thing, a SCISSOR SISTERS track should NEVER grace Withdean again!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No I was in France but I bet their marketing department is far better at attacting new fans than ours is.

I mean we are so forward you can't have a ticket for some home games unless you are on the database.

exactly but to quote you earlier Tony might not like the Clash being played. Perhaps he may be worrying about how to correct the ticketing stuff first?

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
So, come on guys, no one has managed to name the instrumental I was asking about earlier, played sometimes just before Sussex by the Sea and its not Right Here, Right Now.
Help please!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I want to hear BAMBOOGIE played after every goal so everyone whoops and celebrates whilst GROOVING to the fun time beats of "do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight" OVER AND OVER

This would make us the COOLEST club in the world

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
- Journey/Don't Stop Believing

Winner!

One of my enduring memories of the Goldstone is listening to Fleetwood Mac through tinny speakers - it was the repetition that made the memory so strong. Even if something's a bit naff, it's all part of the day, the routine and therefore the memory.

I think there's a few people here (on both sides of the argument) who need to lighten up about it, no matter how good their intentions. :thumbsup:

(though I do agree with an above post about the Scissor Sisters! :rant:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
anyone remember the music at MKD last year...granted the sound system was immense....BUT they played Whole Lotta Love and kashmir by Led Zep.

About time Liquidator was played again

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You are all getting to Withdean far to early to listen to the music in my opinion. If you are in your seat 20 mins before kick off you should be placed in a mental home. Just stroll down there and get IN the ground 2 mins before kick off and the only song you here is "Good old..."

This

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Once Falmer is occupied the club will put an end to the small time mentality and employ professional people to do the announcing, marketing etc which will hopefully put a stop to all this cronyism.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
So, come on guys, no one has managed to name the instrumental I was asking about earlier, played sometimes just before Sussex by the Sea and its not Right Here, Right Now.
Help please!

Battle Without Honour Or Humanity - Tomayasu Hotei.
Interesting reading your comments.
Can't draw ANY conclusions from that lot, apart from the fact that most people think most people's tastes should be catered for, somehow. Which is where I started off! And that Beach Hut doesn't like me, and thinks I'm somebody's 'crony', although he's quite civil in the pub :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't take it to heart Attila. Most people on here aren't happy unless they are running other people down.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Don't take it to heart Attila. Most people on here aren't happy unless they are running other people down.

I don't take it to heart at all! As an occasional NSC visitor who knows a fair few of my fellow supporters and prefers good old social interaction I find it quite amusing, actually - the difference between the way some people are on here and the way they are in the bit that matters....... real life........:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Battle Without Honour Or Humanity - Tomayasu Hotei.
Interesting reading your comments.
Can't draw ANY conclusions from that lot, apart from the fact that most people think most people's tastes should be catered for, somehow. Which is where I started off! And that Beach Hut doesn't like me, and thinks I'm somebody's 'crony', although he's quite civil in the pub :)

Nothing personal the club needs to move on that's the most important issue and become a proper football club with a real home attracting many new fans otherwise Falmer is pointless.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The idea of having the pre-match music selected by one of the fans is a BRILLIANT idea, IMO.

We always harp on about our club being different and innovative - we were all delighted when we had a record label as a sponsor - and this would be a fantastic idea to take forward.

Personally I would absolutely LOVE to have MY selection played before kick-off. It's not the music in itself, it's the fact that a FAN has been able to make a contribution.

My boy is 9 and we will have a Family Stand season ticket next year. He loves all the crappy chart stuff but he also loves 'Dad's music from the olden days'. He would be absolutely made up if he heard some of my choices (and maybe ONE of his) over the tannoy, irrespective of the sound quality!

Brilliant, brilliant idea - I really hope it can happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally I would absolutely LOVE to have MY selection played before kick-off. .

:rolleyes: MORE royalties for Daltrey...

My boy is 9 and we will have a Family Stand season ticket next year.

Hmmm. Not sure we've seen your application yet Uncle H. The committee will consider your request and get back to you.

:thumbsup:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Nothing personal the club needs to move on that's the most important issue and become a proper football club with a real home attracting many new fans otherwise Falmer is pointless.

I don't think anybody disagrees with this - but it's a long jump to then start the comments such as cronyism or other general cattiness that seems to pervade any comments you make in relation to those who do give a significant amount of voluntary effort. After all the club is minted now and so could, if they so wished, move on now.

The fact they havn't indicates that perhaps they are happy with the current position and as there are new people involved (ken brown, tony bloom etc) it seems to be less about cronyism and more about willing to take offers made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here