Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music at Withdean

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Right! Challenge accepted, my stroppy "down with the kids" DJ chum. A 12 minute cd ready for the home game on 13th March.

Not sure about Dengue Fever, Merry P. Tiger Phone Card might work but is it enough to rouse the troops and annoy the f*** out of John Catt?

I fought the law and I won!

Ooooh, oooh, can I help? I suggest Teenage Kicks, please, and something current, like The Stone Roses.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Of course, when we get to Falmer, things will be very different. There will be a proper PA, for a start, and enough time to give all genres a proper airing.

Oh happy happy joy joy..............

"Wreckin in the North stand" to "Psychobilly" at Falmer.................... :falmer:

Attila, keep up the good work you cant please all the people all the time :thumbsup:

Music like you say can be a very personal thing, just like your football team.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Right! Challenge accepted, my stroppy "down with the kids" DJ chum. A 12 minute cd ready for the home game on 13th March.

Not sure about Dengue Fever, Merry P. Tiger Phone Card might work but is it enough to rouse the troops and annoy the f*** out of John Catt?

I fought the law and I won!

Get some sea power and some pearl jam on there :thumbsup:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Exactly.

At a FAMILY FUN DAY would my 10 yr old daughters would probably know ONE Amy Winehouse track.

Sorry but that list is frankly self indulgent. Dare I say deliberate attempt to steer away from what is popular. By that I mean the current charts.

No gaga, no la roux, dare I say it not one single "pop" artist/group.

Christ.

TRY AGAIN.

That slot in the 11 minutes is filled by Gully's Girls.
I play lots of stuff that has been in the charts in the last few years. And I played the Christmas Number One on Boxing Day!
And you can get in the charts these days with very few sales compared to the heyday of Top of the Pops - as we proved with Seagulls Ska!
Bozzer, you're on. You're a South Stander, aren't you? Get yourself a transfer for the day.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Attila
A serious suggestion (which I put on the other thread).
Could we not have the DJ spot filled by different people each week ?
Everybody to give you a CD (or a list) of what they wanted to play (or to take over the mike themselves). Obviously, as I put on the other thread, there would have to be vetting - no "Bodies" or "Plaistow Patricia" for example - but this could add to the "community" feel of the club in that there are other people involved. Not that I have anything against your music at all - as you say it's a very personal thing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I play lots of stuff that has been in the charts in the last few years. And I played the Christmas Number One on Boxing Day!
And you can get in the charts these days with very few sales compared to the heyday of Top of the Pops - as we proved with Seagulls Ska!
Bozzer, you're on. You're a South Stander, aren't you? Get yourself a transfer for the day.

Nope! I'm part of the Family Stand Massive. I'll PM you nearer the day to sort out details but fair play to you for this. I never thought I'd realise my dream of hearing Westlife before an Albion game before now.

:thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Can I BAGSY a ten minute later this season?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Now my 3 year old son does like his music so I went to look at his iTeddy play list and have discovered the following (close but not so) current tracks:

- Peter Kay's/All star band medley
- Take That/Rule the World and Greatest day
- Lady Gaga/Bad Romance
- Cheryl Cole/Fight for this love
- Girls Aloud/The Promise
- Journey/Don't Stop Believing

he also likes Queen, Abba and Bananarama although selections from the latest Ministry of Sound compilation, Bob Marley and Fat Boy Slim also feature too.

So get 4 things out of this lot and you have a fan

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Or, have someone 'sponsoring' the music, in the same way you have a matchball sponsor, ('today's music is chosen by...' etc) with funds going to, say The Albion in the Community.

Just a thought, like.

Stone me - what a FAB idea

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Nope! I'm part of the Family Stand Massive. I'll PM you nearer the day to sort out details but fair play to you for this. I never thought I'd realise my dream of hearing Westlife before an Albion game before now.

:thumbsup:

As a remote and yet to be introduced member of said massive (my son is the one who has just learnt to shout 'come on brighton' at the top of his voice for 15 minutes non stop) can we do that thing Westlife do where we sit on our seats for the first verse; stand up and walk for the next and then have a key change when we spin round to finish with? Please can we??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
now my 3 year old son does like his music so i went to look at his iteddy play list and have discovered the following (close but not so) current tracks:

- peter kay's/all star band medley
- take that/rule the world and greatest day
- lady gaga/bad romance
- cheryl cole/fight for this love
- girls aloud/the promise
- journey/don't stop believing

he also likes queen, abba and bananarama although selections from the latest ministry of sound compilation, bob marley and fat boy slim also feature too.

So get 4 things out of this lot and you have a fan

this

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Fine Bozzer, since I am not on here all that often best email me at attila@attilathestockbroker.com - and Westlife, that's OLD HAT!
As for John Catt - that is an extra reason I can't wait for the last ever game at Withdean!!!
Mr Catt, here is your parting playlist. Motorhead, Einsturzende Neubauten, Rammstein, Extreme Noise Terror, Death By Milkfloat, Cannibal Corpse.....

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Whats the name of the track/artist that is sometimes played at Withdean just before Sussex by the Sea, it is an instrumental, and designed to be inspirational (not sure if thats the right word)?
Right Here, Right Now - Fat Boy Slim?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Brilliant.

Other things we could get sponsorship for:

The chips
The atmosphere
The half-time scores
The clouds
The Stewards?!?!