Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Southampton

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
i disagree.

His overall, all round contribution has been huge.

Our worst performances this season - away to s'ton, and away to b'muff. Until he came on we were shocking - on come glenn and we start to play.

In addition, his defensive work shouldn't be underestimated either.

By all means get in another striker - but keep glenn too.

this

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So we're 99% sure the Palarse thing was a wind up even on sky, as was night after we won league/promotion? Now just as SCC secure second behind us, they get linked to him. Agent shit stiring surely but he can't be that stupid can he to push and push us into something early?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So we're 99% sure the Palarse thing was a wind up even on sky, as was night after we won league/promotion? Now just as SCC secure second behind us, they get linked to him. Agent shit stiring surely but he can't be that stupid can he to push and push us into something early?

For the Agent I reckon its more about any exposure is good exposure as he trys to get a big club to look interested, agents must be desperate to impress their clients and prove thier 30% cut is worth every penny, so they use a scatter gun approach rather than the cool poker playing finess of our Chairman.

Who is his agent, and what other players does he represent.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really hope he stays... he has led the line really well this season - his best season for us by far... seems happy, and our club heading onwards and upwards... will be a real shame if he moves on...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would imagine Glenn will get sorted or we will hear some definative news after the last game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

No, it wasn't a wind up.

That's not to say it will still happen though.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I don't think Murray will go to be honest. He has lead the line really well this season and because of the goals he has scored it has got us to where we are now, CHAMPIONS. IMO he is doing what most players would do in his situation and ask for more money as we have gone up a division and rightly so. Bloom and Poyet should do everything they can to keep hold of Murray because he will be key to hopefully back to back promotions.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I thought it was established in Jan that Bowry was Benno's agent. He could be Glenn's too of course. Kerry Mayo is not Glenn's agent, according to the man himself.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We were certain Caldy was going last season too, we'll just have to wait and see.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Glenn's agent is indeed Bobby Bowry.
Glenn is not unhappy, just wants as much money as he can get. His current demands are way above the current wage ceiling at the Albion (of course both could change)
He has asked his agent to put out feelers and see if any clubs would be willing to pay what he wants. Palace are interested but not at the level of wages he is after.
I would be suprised if any club paid what he wants bearing in mind he is unproven at championship level. Can't blame him for trying to get the best deal though.
Also would be very suprised if he moved up north.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Negotiation. Murray is a free agent and the leading scorer in the Champions side. As Tony Bloom recognises, GM has a strong hand. However, TB also has a strong hand. He will probably offer GM top dollar to stay and a guaranteed increase if certain performance based criteria are met e.g. Playoffs, Promotion, Top Scorer. GM also has to consider staying and probably improving further under Gus's tutelage while playing in one of the best new stadiums in the country. If he starts well next season while the full glare of the Amex and promotion is keeping the Albion in the headlines - then he could be renegotiating his contract upwards by January! Mind you he'll probably end up at Sheff Weds when Mandaric offers him £15k a week!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Glenn's agent is indeed Bobby Bowry.
Glenn is not unhappy, just wants as much money as he can get. His current demands are way above the current wage ceiling at the Albion (of course both could change)
He has asked his agent to put out feelers and see if any clubs would be willing to pay what he wants. Palace are interested but not at the level of wages he is after.
I would be suprised if any club paid what he wants bearing in mind he is unproven at championship level. Can't blame him for trying to get the best deal though.
Also would be very suprised if he moved up north.

Summed up quite nicely there!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Kneon has got it about right although I wouldn't be surprised if the scc were after him as they may be losing one of their strikers to HMP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here