Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on, move on, nothing to see here. Especially no whizzy winger from Newcastle

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I know Kev The Ape... however, I don't know BrightonMark. I wish I did tbh. :(

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Brian__Owen
"Gus still pretty relaxed re-LuaLua. Update on various topics from the boss in The Argus tomorrow #bhafc "

http://twitter.com/Brian__Owen

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I realise this thread has gone slighty askew but according to Brian Owen from the argus Gus is still relaxed about the deal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Thank you for the compliment... my point was that we should pull-out of any deal if a player fails a medical (keeping in mind that we don't know if this is the case with KLL), especially a player with a high fee / wages attached... look what happened with Fashanu for an (aged) example... it really doesn't matter how good a player is, if he is crocked, he is worth precisely nothing... however, re-reading your post, you do talk about temporary injury setbacks... now, that is a different story... it could be worth waiting, which could be the case here, I'll give you that...

Let's be honest, neither of us know WTF is going on...

I'm just getting increasingly worried the whole deal is gonna fall through TBH... however, if it is for (permanent injury) medical reasons, then I am glad it has... OK?

Yes. That is another way of putting it, and we can beg to differ to ultimately agree.... there are no sure things about this transfer RUMOUR. It's all conjecture - but if, say, it was an injury that was slowing any surefire transfer completion, then the club would have to wait on the medical reports to show a clear bill of health.

Lua Lua does seem to have a way of playing that exposes him to leg injury (imo), sometimes last moment desperate stabs to retain possession, or reaching for a ball with one leg without having complete balance for the other. Such efforts show great focus and intent for getting the ball, but still, do put the framework into a moment or two of jeopardy per match!

Some might wonder how I come to that conclusion, but without knowing he would be prone to get injuries it had occurred to me like that.

Elphick for instance, doesn't seem like the player to ever get injured - his lollygagging lope seems so slow and careful to look aesthetically pleasing that he'd never offer a leg that went beyond a short radius from his torso. Where Lawrenson could hook a ball from a strikers toes or collect it like it was in a lacross scoop - I don't see a picture of him making first or last ditch retrieving tackles (I have seen attackers rob him blind alright though).

But KLL would have to adopt a more effortless way of playing the ball closer to his own area of control, or I can see him getting injured quite regularly.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Yes. That is another way of putting it, and we can beg to differ to ultimately agree.... there are no sure things about this transfer RUMOUR. It's all conjecture - but if, say, it was an injury that was slowing any surefire transfer completion, then the club would have to wait on the medical reports to show a clear bill of health.

Lua Lua does seem to have a way of playing that exposes him to leg injury (imo), sometimes last moment desperate stabs to retain possession, or reaching for a ball with one leg without having complete balance for the other. Such efforts show great focus and intent for getting the ball, but still, do put the framework into a moment or two of jeopardy per match!

Some might wonder how I come to that conclusion, but without knowing he would be prone to get injuries it had occurred to me like that.

Elphick for instance, doesn't seem like the player to ever get injured - his lollygagging lope seems so slow and careful to look aesthetically pleasing that he'd never offer a leg that went beyond a short radius from his torso. Where Lawrenson could hook a ball from a strikers toes or collect it like it was in a lacross scoop - I don't see a picture of him making first or last ditch retrieving tackles (I have seen attackers rob him blind alright though).

But KLL would have to adopt a more effortless way of playing the ball closer to his own area of control, or I can see him getting injured quite regularly.

Actually Elphick has a horrible injury right now, how he sustained it I don't see; it looked fairly innocuous.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't there going to be stuff in todays Argus?.Would be grateful if someone could get a picture up like last time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Another day passes... v little new news... and I'm sad enough to keep checking back here... here's hoping a 'LuaLua Signs' club text arrives soon...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's going to be close whether this thread makes it to 1,000 posts before he signs.

Talk about "tomorrow never comes".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here