Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on, move on, nothing to see here. Especially no whizzy winger from Newcastle

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Is this entire fifty page thread just a 'pap diagnosis made without obtaining a full medical history?' (Psychiatric Dairies)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I read Gus's comments and i got the impression that it was to do with the money. That they were basically still haggling over the details. Did others not feel that? The medical failing made sense to me but Gus's comments were “My first impression was we would be able to buy him. It’s negotiations. Things change when you negotiate. We would buy him if the numbers are right." That last bit surely suggests the goalposts have been moved in terms of price and that's what they are still talking about?
Well it's always money related. If he has a slight medical problem (that could affect long term fitness and value) that doesn't mean he can't kick a ball, it just means we want to pay less for him - so it's money and negotiations because of a failed medical.

Alternatively they just want to wait to announce his signing along with Messi's.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I started reading this thinking we were after another winger got to page two before the penny dropped

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Lucky we got him when we did . . .

BBC Sport - Newcastle United hit by fresh Hatem Ben Arfa injury

Newcastle United hit by fresh Hatem Ben Arfa injury

Page last updated at 06:50 GMT, Thursday, 21 July 2011 07:50 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version Ben Arfa suffered a double leg fracture at Manchester City last October
Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa is out of the Magpies' tour of the United States with an ankle injury.

The 24-year-old was stretchered off the field during the 0-0 draw with Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday.

A club statement said: "[Ben Arfa] will be leaving the club's US tour tomorrow and the injury will be reassessed over the next 48 hours."

The France international missed all but four games last season with a double leg fracture.

The news is a blow to United manager Alan Pardew, who began the trip on Sunday without midfielders Joey Barton and Yohan Cabaya and striker Nile Ranger after the trio were refused visas.

Ben Arfa will hope the injury is not serious having only just returned to action after recovering from the broken leg he suffered at Manchester City last October.

He had made just a handful of appearances for Newcastle since joining on a season-long loan deal from Marseille when a challenge by City's Nigel De Jong left him on the sidelines.

Despite the injury, the Magpies made the move permanent in January and he made his return to action in last Sunday's 2-0 victory over Darlington.

Pardew had hoped the Frenchman could play as an auxiliary striker should the club's hunt for a frontman during the transfer window prove unsuccessful and now faces anxious wait.

Newcastle face Orlando City on Saturday before taking on Columbus Crew three days later in the final fixture of the three-match tour.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Lucky we got him when we did . . .

BBC Sport - Newcastle United hit by fresh Hatem Ben Arfa injury

Newcastle United hit by fresh Hatem Ben Arfa injury

Page last updated at 06:50 GMT, Thursday, 21 July 2011 07:50 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version Ben Arfa suffered a double leg fracture at Manchester City last October
Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa is out of the Magpies' tour of the United States with an ankle injury.

The 24-year-old was stretchered off the field during the 0-0 draw with Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday.

A club statement said: "[Ben Arfa] will be leaving the club's US tour tomorrow and the injury will be reassessed over the next 48 hours."

The France international missed all but four games last season with a double leg fracture.

The news is a blow to United manager Alan Pardew, who began the trip on Sunday without midfielders Joey Barton and Yohan Cabaya and striker Nile Ranger after the trio were refused visas.

Ben Arfa will hope the injury is not serious having only just returned to action after recovering from the broken leg he suffered at Manchester City last October.

He had made just a handful of appearances for Newcastle since joining on a season-long loan deal from Marseille when a challenge by City's Nigel De Jong left him on the sidelines.

Despite the injury, the Magpies made the move permanent in January and he made his return to action in last Sunday's 2-0 victory over Darlington.

Pardew had hoped the Frenchman could play as an auxiliary striker should the club's hunt for a frontman during the transfer window prove unsuccessful and now faces anxious wait.

Newcastle face Orlando City on Saturday before taking on Columbus Crew three days later in the final fixture of the three-match tour.

Just saw that too, no chance they can recall KLL is there?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
see hans people in glass houses

moderating powers gone to his head :nono:

Just shows Mate one rule for one rule for another when it suits.And that Uncle C all he does is moan moan moan and then report

I knew full well that quote was out there, and I absolutely knew you'd waste your energy trawling around to find it. Difference is, that was weeks and weeks ago, when a FEW comments might have been construed as 'banter'.

Having become aware of other facts, it was very clear to anyone who isn't a. a moron, or b. particularly harsh, that to persist with such comments was not fair game.

To continue, attacking the guy 15 or 20 times a day, every single time he posts, IS undoubtably bullying. Obviously you do understand that, and are choosing to ignore it. If you earn yourselves a ban, so be it.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I knew full well that quote was out there, and I absolutely knew you'd waste your energy trawling around to find it. Difference is, that was weeks and weeks ago, when a FEW comments might have been construed as 'banter'.

Having become aware of other facts, it was very clear to anyone who isn't a. a moron, or b. particularly harsh, that to persist with such comments was not fair game.

To continue, attacking the guy 15 or 20 times a day, every single time he posts, IS undoubtably bullying. Obviously you do understand that, and are choosing to ignore it. If you earn yourselves a ban, so be it.

Typical of some on here bury your head and deny what you are.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
oh another piss take hans

hans kray is getting a bit to big for his ginger boots since he became a mod, Danny

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh when its hans its banter

Okay, once again for those that find it hard to follow:

Lots of folk played along with the little bit of banter WEEKS ago, once or twice. Then the chap in question volunteered that he is a 33 year old man with a learning disability, which changed the game entirely.

People who are not nasty bullies, realised at that point that such comments or mimmicking were in fact not fair game at all, and stopped immediately.

Some people chose to carry on. Incessantly.

You can spend your afternoon trawling old threads, from before the moment I refer to, for comments from people who now disagree with you, but it changes nothing.

You really are an idiot.

Still, crack on.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Okay, once again for those that find it hard to follow:

Lots of folk played along with the little bit of banter WEEKS ago, once or twice. Then the chap in question volunteered that he is a 33 year old man with a learning disability, which changed the game entirely.

People who are not nasty bullies, realised at that point that such comments or mimmicking were in fact not fair game at all, and stopped immediately.

Some people chose to carry on. Incessantly.

You can spend your afternoon trawling old threads, from before the moment I refer to, for comments from people who now disagree with you, but it changes nothing.

You really are an idiot.

Still, crack on.

me and my chimps lol.....

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I like both 'vulture' and 'hans kraay fans club'....enjoy most of their posts. Would it be a good idea, and time, for both of you to walk away from this thread....?

Be a shame if it can't be done.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I like both 'vulture' and 'hans kraay fans club'....enjoy most of their posts. Would it be a good idea, and time, for both of you to walk away from this thread....?

Be a shame if it can't be done.

Hi Colin,you still playing the play for your club?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hi Colin,you still playing the play for your club?

Rarely these days Alan. Will have another go for Brighton soon though. With a bigger fan-base now....might be worth a crack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here