Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on, move on, nothing to see here. Especially no whizzy winger from Newcastle

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Calderon must have (re-)signed for us having not passed a medical.

He did, we had an option to end the contract after 6 months if he didn't recover from his hip (?) injury but clearly that was never a real problem and we were just covering out backs. If LuaLua failed his medical it will just mean negotiation with Newcastle to get the price altered with bonus for games played etc and probably a different wage to the player

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If LuaLua failed his medical it will just mean negotiation with Newcastle to get the price altered with bonus for games played etc and probably a different wage to the player

I agree with this post.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
HE HAS NOT FAILED A MEDICAL !

Its just sorting out the contract. This thread is very embarassing

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Nah, at least not in this case. What's the point in going through that process if the commercial aspects can't be agreed.

I think all the "Done deal" merchants were saying so based on the fact that the Albion had stuck a deal with Newcastle. I mean, how often are medicals failed these days, right?

Whoops...

Bozza? Don't toy with us here, do you know something about his medical, or are you just guessing at what the delay could be?

IF, we are looking at a failed medical, could this be a ploy to get the price back down from the fee agreed. That's a trick I've known clubs play before.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He did, we had an option to end the contract after 6 months if he didn't recover from his hip (?) injury but clearly that was never a real problem and we were just covering out backs. If LuaLua failed his medical it will just mean negotiation with Newcastle to get the price altered with bonus for games played etc and probably a different wage to the player

Indeed, there are a few players who have failed medical and still gone on to do well elsewhere. John Hartson at Rangers and the player who had a hole in his heart so his move to dirty L**ds fell through are two I can recall.

Last edited:

How do clubs sign injured players? Do they just bypass the medical? I take it this is all for insurance purposes etc

Insurance is a big deal, or deal breaker. The failed player has to get repaired and get fit, and come back when he can pass the medical.
People on the site have questioned our financial outlook towards Murray, especially regards his wages. The club certainly can't be risking a million quid total loss for an uninsured player.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Indeed, there are a few players who have failed medical and still gone on to do well elsewhere. John Hartson at Rangers and the player who had a hole in his heart so his move two dirty L**ds fell through are two I can recall.

Wasn't Danny Cullip sold to us by Ron Noades for £50K when he'd been out for over a year with a serious knee problem. Noades thought at the time he was robbing us as he'd never be really fit again. I don't know if there was a medical involved then.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS... just sign the fcuking contract KLL...

IF he failed a medical, just pull-out BHA...

Simple! :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No.

But if he wasnt fit to play, Newcastle would not have played him simple as that.

People are getting way too het up over this transfer, it will happen.
just relax everyone.

This might be a ridiculous analogy, but isn't it a bit like a house.

A family live in a house, all comfortable and safe. They then sell the house and a surveyor comes in and says "It needs to be re-wired because the existing wiring is over 40 years old and represents a significant health hazard."

Simply, I imagine there's a fair bit of difference between "fit to play" and "fit enough to splurge over £1m on".

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
This might be a ridiculous analogy, but isn't it a bit like a house.

A family live in a house, all comfortable and safe. They then sell the house and a surveyor comes in and says "It needs to be re-wired because the existing wiring is over 40 years old and represents a significant health hazard."

Simply, I imagine there's a fair bit of difference between "fit to play" and "fit enough to splurge over £1m on".

what have you heard?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I heard a rumour that we are signing Kazenga LuaLua from Newcastle :dunce:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Has anyone actualy provided a reliable source that he has failed a medical? The only way it could have leaked out is if, the club doctor has told someone (which is a serious breach of patient confidentiality) or its known within the club due to the contract situation, probably by very few people, and this has been leaked? It doesn't seem very likely that someone in that position of trust would discuss it with anyone unless they didn't care very much for their job. So I'm dubious to say the least until its confirmed by the Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here