Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move on, move on, nothing to see here. Especially no whizzy winger from Newcastle

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:lolol: at you people.

Just sit back and wait for any & all player transfers to be announced by the club, when they happen.
That way you won't get all in a TIZZY, like a bunch of great mincing woofters.

What you write is true, however this is an Albion message board so people are going to speculate re transfers and the odd person does generally hear things and get them right - not jump on the bandwagon of pretending to have a source like some of the lads on here :lol:

I'm glad for this thread... But it is getting silly now.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
:lolol: at you people.

Just sit back and wait for any & all player transfers to be announced by the club, when they happen.
That way you won't get all in a TIZZY, like a bunch of great mincing woofters.

Absolutely, relax.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, if the rumours are true (and it seems increasingly likely) and he's failed the medical - where do we go from here?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This has to be bollocks. From the reports we had the contract was all but signed and sealed. Surely the medical's are done very early in these processes?

Nah, at least not in this case. What's the point in going through that process if the commercial aspects can't be agreed.

I think all the "Done deal" merchants were saying so based on the fact that the Albion had stuck a deal with Newcastle. I mean, how often are medicals failed these days, right?

Whoops...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nah, at least not in this case. What's the point in going through that process if the commercial aspects can't be agreed.

Conversely, what's the point in going through the complexities and back and forths of a commercial agreement, when it can be blown on a medical, which I imagine is much more easier and clear cut - you're fit or you're not, no back and forth, negotiating for days/weeks. One afternoon in the fitness suite and you know whether it's worth getting involved in drawn out contract negotiations?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Conversely, what's the point in going through the complexities and back and forths of a commercial agreement, when it can be blown on a medical, which I imagine is much more easier and clear cut - you're fit or you're not, no back and forth, negotiating for days/weeks. One afternoon in the fitness suite and you know whether it's worth getting involved in drawn out contract negotiations?

I have no idea what is common in these situations, but I get the impression that the clubs strike a deal before the player then gets involved for personal terms and medical etc.

I'm sure there are others who have a better understanding of the process than me.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have no idea what is common in these situations, but I get the impression that the clubs strike a deal before the player then gets involved for personal terms and medical etc.

I'm sure there are others who have a better understanding of the process than me.

I'd agree with that - we'd come to an understanding with Newcastle before asking the player to travel all the way down for a medical. In this case, I guess it 'felt' simpler, as we knew the player, he knew us, and was keen to come, so the personal terms negotiation would be shorter.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
How do clubs sign injured players? Do they just bypass the medical? I take it this is all for insurance purposes etc

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How do clubs sign injured players? Do they just bypass the medical? I take it this is all for insurance purposes etc

The last player I recall us signing after a failed medical was Justin Fashanu, and he ended up with a career ending injury whilst with us, and of course we were not insured.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

I think all the "Done deal" merchants were saying so based on the fact that the Albion had stuck a deal with Newcastle. I mean, how often are medicals failed these days, right?

Whoops...

Bozza - have you also heard that the 'failed medical' is indeed the case then?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here