Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most disappointing albums you bought (or didn't buy)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the last groove armada album black light , utter shit when put up against the previous album ,total sell-out.....urban anthems (nme) to dance floor filler (the sun) bollox.

Paper Romance is a great pop song though.

Sep 1, 2010
I was very very disappointed with Surfing the Void by The Klaxons. Myths of the near future was superb and the follow up seemed very poor to me

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Athletico Spizz 80 - Do A Runner

After classics as SpizzOil and SpizzEnergi including tracks like Where's Captain Kirk, 6,000 Crazy, Soldier Soldier, Spocks Missing and No Room, this album was utter rubbish and was their ultimate downfall.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Athletico Spizz 80 - Do A Runner

After classics as SpizzOil and SpizzEnergi including tracks like Where's Captain Kirk, 6,000 Crazy, Soldier Soldier, Spocks Missing and No Room, this album was utter rubbish and was their ultimate downfall.

[pedant] 'No Room' was also released as Athletico Spizz 80. [/pedant]

But yes, I would agree about the album. Fond memories of Spizz Energi supporting the (old) Human League in a very sweaty Marquee Club in 1979. It was clear many of the punters were largely unaware of both bands beforehand as I distinctly remember a lot of muttering about "Where's the ruddy drum kit?"

When The Human League had supported the Banshees at the Rainbow a little earlier that year, Spizz himself came on stage and ponced about in a bacofoil suit doing a Gary Glitter impression during the HL's rendition of 'Rock 'n' Roll Part 1'... How little we knew...

Oasis - Be here now.

I will also throw in Pablo Honey just to piss off Dr Not The Nine O'clock News

yeah well, Sound Effects was shit, so was Our Favourite Shop (well it fuckin was for the 17th time on that C90 on the way back from a 1-0 defeat at Roker Park c1987) How do you like them apples!? seriously though, What about that Bruce Foxton album I bought in that perverts record/books/knitting/kit kat shop on the Lewes Rd, that was pony, In the same token so was that John Squire one, I tell you now one that will dissapoint me and it hasnt been released yet, it's that Marina and the Diamonds, I'm looking forward to it so much it'll only end in tears!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
[pedant] 'No Room' was also released as Athletico Spizz 80. [/pedant]

But yes, I would agree about the album. Fond memories of Spizz Energi supporting the (old) Human League in a very sweaty Marquee Club in 1979. It was clear many of the punters were largely unaware of both bands beforehand as I distinctly remember a lot of muttering about "Where's the ruddy drum kit?"

When The Human League had supported the Banshees at the Rainbow a little earlier that year, Spizz himself came on stage and ponced about in a bacofoil suit doing a Gary Glitter impression during the HL's rendition of 'Rock 'n' Roll Part 1'... How little we knew...

I remember the Human League (this was when they were an arty synthesizer band, before they became the pop band with the girlie singers) getting bottled off stage on that tour, at Leeds Uni', by Banshees' fans angered by the Human League's complete lack of guitars or drums, and doubtless objecting to Phil Oakey's (in)famous 'lop-sided' hair!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I remember the Human League (this was when they were an arty synthesizer band, before they became the pop band with the girlie singers) getting bottled off stage on that tour, at Leeds Uni', by Banshees' fans angered by the Human League's complete lack of guitars or drums, and doubtless objecting to Phil Oakey's (in)famous 'lop-sided' hair!

It wasn't just because they were from Sheffield was it?

The 'trouble' at the Rainbow (such that it was) happened during the Banshees set. As soon as they came on, everyone in the first 10-15 rows of stalls (yes, guilty m'lud, including me) thought it would be a good idea to break up the seats and pass them forward onto the stage. I remember Siouxsie running around helpfully kicking the bouncers up the arse whenever they tried to restore a semblance of order.

The Rainbow's owners learned their lesson though, and took all the seats out after that - it became a standing-only venue pretty much from then on...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here