Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most disappointing albums you bought (or didn't buy)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
After the ineffable magic that is (and was)
rainbo-rising.jpg

this was very disppointing
1256916922_rainbow-long-live-rock-n-roll.jpg

a couple of really good tracks showed they could still cut it but mostly tosh

Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Pablo Honey by Radiohead - couldn't get into it at all apart from Creep.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
After the ineffable magic that is (and was)
rainbo-rising.jpg

this was very disppointing
1256916922_rainbow-long-live-rock-n-roll.jpg

a couple of really good tracks showed they could still cut it but mostly tosh

'Gates of Babylon' is superb. :rock:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What album disappointed you, following a previous gem that had your hopes raised to the roof?

One I bought and promptly returned, was Led Zeppelin 'Presence'.

One I managed to hear first, so I knew it was shite, was Jethro Tull 'Thick As A Brick'

I did get Yes 'Tales of Topographic Oceans', which was well played instrumentally, but just wasted on long, laborious, rubbish compositions.

Selling England By The Pound was one I probably could have got along with, but after a few listens to friends raving about it I realised I only liked Foxtrot.

Magazine's 'Correct Use Of Soap' was disappointing, as Devoto was getting more indulgent as a 'leader' and not as a singer for a band.

I'm with you on all except 'Thick as a Brick'. Saw it live at the time and it get's a luxury 40th Anniversary Remaster this year by the guy who has just done a brilliant job on Aqualung. Ian Anderson apparently touring it solo in full this year. May be worth another listen?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tusk.....fleetwood mac

tripe

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Just listened to Dear Science, then Cookie Mountain on Youtube - have to say I am liking RTCM far more than DS.
Matter of taste, obviously :shrug:

Fair play. If you can find a song called 'Satellite' off their EP (before their first album release proper) then that is EPIC. Still my favourite TVOTR song.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Following a NSC recommendation I am sad to report that Ersatz GB 'The Fall' was a big disappointment.

This. One of the worst Fall albums of the zillions they've done.

The problem is that now Mark E Smith has achieved legend status (by still being alive, which is quite an achievement), you can't get a proper review anymore. And sorry Mark, you can't drag people off the street and pretend they are as good as Scanlon, Hanley(S), Burns and Hanley(P).

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
What album disappointed you, following a previous gem that had your hopes raised to the roof?

One I bought and promptly returned, was Led Zeppelin 'Presence'.

One I managed to hear first, so I knew it was shite, was Jethro Tull 'Thick As A Brick'

I did get Yes 'Tales of Topographic Oceans', which was well played instrumentally, but just wasted on long, laborious, rubbish compositions.

Selling England By The Pound was one I probably could have got along with, but after a few listens to friends raving about it I realised I only liked Foxtrot.

Magazine's 'Correct Use Of Soap' was disappointing, as Devoto was getting more indulgent as a 'leader' and not as a singer for a band.

Nowt wrong with 'Presence' but the final Led Zep album 'In through the Outdoor' was f***ing awful, thankfully they only played one track from it when I saw them at Knebworth - I believe there were reasons (John Bonhams ongoing alcoholism, Jimmy Pages Heroin addiction and Robert Plants son dying) that meant that it is almost a John Paul Jones solo album......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The last (2nd) Klaxons album was utter shite. I buy a lot of music and have a very open not to mention generous mind but even I cannot find anything in this album.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the last groove armada album black light , utter shit when put up against the previous album ,total sell-out.....urban anthems (nme) to dance floor filler (the sun) bollox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here