Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
60M now perhaps only because he’s played 10 games. If he’ll be worth 70M in January or 80M next summer why would Tony sell? We need him this year and he needs to play as often as possible at this age not go somewhere and sit on the bench.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I love TB but if he sells yet another prize asset this window, I must say I will be highly disappointed and irritated by him(Though really do not see it happening tbh). Caicedo is worth at least 75 in the current market imo, and I don't think someone will offer that quite yet.

Wind your neck in.
You have only been here five minutes.
:moo:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I love TB but if he sells yet another prize asset this window, I must say I will be highly disappointed and irritated by him(Though really do not see it happening tbh). Caicedo is worth at least 75 in the current market imo, and I don't think someone will offer that quite yet.
You would be highly irritated at the man who has pumped £400m into the club and wants a bit back now and again?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

You’ll be highly disappointed in the man that turned a lower league team with no ground and training facilities into a Premier League with a new ground and excellent training facilities.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
60M now perhaps only because he’s played 10 games. If he’ll be worth 70M in January or 80M next summer why would Tony sell? We need him this year and he needs to play as often as possible at this age not go somewhere and sit on the bench.

Exactly this and I suspect he and his entourage will see that and settle for a pay rise now with agreement on a future move when the bidding hits the silly-money level he will be worth

Nobby Nomates

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'll be gutted if he goes, but would trust that TB and GP would think any deal represents great value for the club - maybe is ceiling isn't as high as we fans hope, maybe his attitude is beginning to stink - and cashing in now makes sense to them. I'm not saying that's the case, btw, just that they will know the situation WAY better than any of us. Like all of us, I hope he proves to be a world class player, helps lift us to new highs and when he moves on, it's for an amount that makes the cucurella fee look like small change.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

You will be highly disappointed and irritated by The Man who is a fan and loves the club (he rebuilt)? Maybe you would prefer some sports washers to turn our community club into another franchise just so we don’t sell all of our prized assets!

I fear for football in this country. It’ll only take a few more of these shysters (sports washing owners not Popeye) to completely ruin our game. The recent European league shenanigans should have been a big alarm bell for the FA and the PL but apart from removing Abramavic, I am not convinced care enough about the game not to sell out.

If every club has a Tony Bloom equivalent, football would be a beautiful thing.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
You will be highly disappointed and irritated by The Man who is a fan and loves the club (he rebuilt)? Maybe you would prefer some sports washers to turn our community club into another franchise just so we don’t sell all of our prized assets!

I fear for football in this country. It’ll only take a few more of these shysters (sports washing owners not Popeye) to completely ruin our game. The recent European league shenanigans should have been a big alarm bell for the FA and the PL but apart from removing Abramavic, I am not convinced care enough about the game not to sell out.

If every club has a Tony Bloom equivalent, football would be a beautiful thing.

A touch aggressive there. I think Popeye's post was just a bit clumsily worded.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I reckon £60m will do the trick.

Nah. The club know how good he’ll get. That is not enough.

Vickery said ‘you’d add a naught to the fee if he was Brazilian……..I’d buy him myself if I had the money.’

So that’s a ‘real’ value of £55m when we bought him. We’ve added a minimum of £20m to that in his limited EPL game for us but I think the club would want to see that valuation pushed closer to £90m over the next two or three years as we develop him further.

He is staying. No need to worry.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Nah. The club know how good he’ll get. That is not enough.

Vickery said ‘you’d add a naught to the fee if he was Brazilian……..I’d buy him myself if I had the money.’

So that’s a ‘real’ value of £55m when we bought him. We’ve added a minimum of £20m to that in his limited EPL game for us but I think the club would want to see that valuation pushed closer to £90m over the next two or three years as we develop him further.

He is staying. No need to worry.

Totally agree. This one pays off the mortgage!

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I think y'all are really reading too much into what I said. I love TB, but will be disappointed if we sell Caicedo but at the end of the day I do not think we will right now, no. TB is the best owner in the Premier League by far and love what he has done for us. Maybe I should have worded it better, will remember that the next time before the mob comes after me:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here