Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Is this any more fanciful than the price Birmingham got for Jude Bellingham?

......and btw, no, no way should we sell now!

That was exactly what I thought this morning. Reds want JB now, they do not want to wait for next year, but Dortmund would prefer to wait until next summer after the World Cup. By making a left field serious bid, it could force Bellingham to put more pressure on the German team. This is a Dortmund trick they often use themselves. The Reds midfield is looking dodgy, so expect a young, keen and unexpected signing before the end of the season, and unfortunately for us, Moses would be a good punt.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
That was exactly what I thought this morning. Reds want JB now, they do not want to wait for next year, but Dortmund would prefer to wait until next summer after the World Cup. By making a left field serious bid, it could force Bellingham to put more pressure on the German team. This is a Dortmund trick they often use themselves. The Reds midfield is looking dodgy, so expect a young, keen and unexpected signing before the end of the season, and unfortunately for us, Moses would be a good punt.
Who is Moses?
I can see Liverpool being interested in Bellingham and Moisés but would they pay the £70-80 m necessary to buy Moisés? Not at this point, but after another year proving himself in the Premier, then maybe?
Having watched their game against Palace they looked seriously weak in the midfield department. I like Harvey Elliot and thought he played well but they need a top class midfielder to add to their squad.
It's too soon for Moisés. We aren't going to let him go cheap, and by cheap in mean anything less than £70m, in my opinion.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Who is Moses?
I can see Liverpool being interested in Bellingham and Moisés but would they pay the £70-80 m necessary to buy Moisés? Not at this point, but after another year proving himself in the Premier, then maybe?
Having watched their game against Palace they looked seriously weak in the midfield department. I like Harvey Elliot and thought he played well but they need a top class midfielder to add to their squad.
It's too soon for Moisés. We aren't going to let him go cheap, and by cheap in mean anything less than £70m, in my opinion.

The Reds need more than one midfielder, if manu pay £70m for a 30 yr old Casemiro, is it too much for Moisés?
Is it a gamble? Possibly, but it’s not my money and I would definitely back Liverpool’s judgment, they tend to choose well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Reds need more than one midfielder, if manu pay £70m for a 30 yr old Casemiro, is it too much for Moisés?
Is it a gamble? Possibly, but it’s not my money and I would definitely back Liverpool’s judgment, they tend to choose well.

I just don’t see TB accepting any offers however massive they are for Caicedo this window. He has banked over 100 million and he is a fan, why would he let the replacement that allowed us to lose Biss to move on in the same window. Madness to rip the heart out of midfield twice in a month

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't know why people keep having this discussion.

Caicedo is not going anywhere this summer. Brighton won't want to sell him now, it would take beyond absurd money, absurd money that no one would pay for a player who has only played 10 games in the PL. It just wont happen.

Caicedo is not going anywhere this summer. Brighton won't want to sell him now, it would take beyond absurd money, absurd money that no one would pay for a player who has only played 10 games in the PL. It just wont happen.

I am sure anyone with beyond half a brain cell realises that, but it won't stop the Twitteratti conjecture.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Lallana & Welbeck & Dunk appear to be making it clear that being at the Albion, right now, is probably one of the best gigs in world football. Agents and player representatives will have an eye on other opportunities - but the dressing room vibe is stick around fellas. And yes, it’d take an absurd - beyond eye-watering - offer for the Albion to sanction (another) MC sale.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I just don’t see TB accepting any offers however massive they are for Caicedo this window. He has banked over 100 million and he is a fan, why would he let the replacement that allowed us to lose Biss to move on in the same window. Madness to rip the heart out of midfield twice in a month

As an Albion fan I agree, we don’t need the money. Problem is, as we have seen recently when a big club is sniffing around every player can have his head turned, it happened to StevieG. Secondly, and more worryingly for me, is we are in danger of becoming known as a feeder club which is what happened when the Reds started poaching Southampton a few years back. If you are 21, and a top six club wants you, you will go. You wouldn’t want to regret that further down the line if you picked up injuries or a bad run of firm. I hope he stays, but wouldn’t be surprised if he went.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lallana & Welbeck & Dunk appear to be making it clear that being at the Albion, right now, is probably one of the best gigs in world football. Agents and player representatives will have an eye on other opportunities - but the dressing room vibe is stick around fellas. And yes, it’d take an absurd - beyond eye-watering - offer for the Albion to sanction (another) MC sale.

Given the type of player/people Lallana, Dunk and Welbeck seem to be (loyal, professional, leaders), ie the Potter type, I doubt they’d have been too disappointed to see Bissouma go, and quite frankly if Cucu started peeing about (not training, etc) I suspect they wanted him out quickly, plus Duffy and Connolly.

The younger and new players will learn a lot and improve by staying here

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tony's choice -

Sell Caicedo now for one of many low ball offers of ~£50 million.

Or

Sell Caicedo after the World Cup ( maybe even January ! ) for nearer to £100 million.

What will he do ? :shrug: Lol.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As an Albion fan I agree, we don’t need the money. Problem is, as we have seen recently when a big club is sniffing around every player can have his head turned, it happened to StevieG. Secondly, and more worryingly for me, is we are in danger of becoming known as a feeder club which is what happened when the Reds started poaching Southampton a few years back. If you are 21, and a top six club wants you, you will go. You wouldn’t want to regret that further down the line if you picked up injuries or a bad run of firm. I hope he stays, but wouldn’t be surprised if he went.

I was envious of Stains when they kept unearthing gems and selling them on for a profit. I never thought of them as a feeder club. I may well have called them a feeder club, prompted by my envy. :lolol:

I also think that at the time the S'mton owners were more ready to sell on than Tony Bloom is. Perhaps because S'mton have not had our stability. Since 2014, we have had two managers. In that period S'mton have had: Koeman, Puel, Pellagrino, Hughes and Hassenhuttl (and a brief caretaker).

After more than 50 years of following the Albion I am now finding it quite difficult to cling on to my former football fan inferiority complex. Feeder club? Pah! :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Tony's choice -

Sell Caicedo now for one of many low ball offers of ~£50 million.

Or

Sell Caicedo after the World Cup ( maybe even January ! ) for nearer to £100 million.

What will he do ? :shrug: Lol.
Can’t see a defensive midfielder being sold for £100m no one is interested in Rice for that amount.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I love TB but if he sells yet another prize asset this window, I must say I will be highly disappointed and irritated by him(Though really do not see it happening tbh). Caicedo is worth at least 75 in the current market imo, and I don't think someone will offer that quite yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here