Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He hasn't though.

I was trying to pay him more attention than normal, at West Ham, as the view (Sensible Soccer) lends itself to that compared to my view at T'Amex.

I didn't see too many comparisons with Biss, esp on the multiple occasions he was ahead of Welbeck.
Tackling in West Ham's half.
Raking long passes out to the wings.

Were it not for the fact Jocko was doing exactly the same I'd say he was the new Biss! :jester:

I agree he’s a different type of player in a slightly different role. But in terms of midfield headcount and importance to the way we play he’s the obvious replacement. With Moder out long term injured and Alzate not quite at the same level we’ll have to hang on for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely there isn’t enough time left for Liverpool to increase their bids from 50 million by a couple of million a day to enable them to reach TB’s figure. We still need the transfer request and Romano’s “here we go” tweets before this even gets under way

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree he’s a different type of player in a slightly different role. But in terms of midfield headcount and importance to the way we play he’s the obvious replacement. With Moder out long term injured and Alzate not quite at the same level we’ll have to hang on for now.

Oh deffo.
No point selling now when in 12 months time he may well be a 'blank cheque' negotiation.

I'm just rather bristling at 'replacement' for Biss' - 'holding midfielder' - 'cant expect top dollar' incredibly lazy thinking which seems quite pervasive on this thread and around matchday talk.

The boy is a generational talent who at 20 has come pretty close to singlefootedly changing our entire pattern of play.

The more he plays the more he's going to make Biss look like Dale Stephens. (Good DS - not "FFS forward Stephens")
Not a sentence I ever expect to write.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Makes me wonder even more why they didn't bid for Bissouma. They'd have got a more experienced PL player for about the same price. Baffling to me

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh deffo.
No point selling now when in 12 months time he may well be a 'blank cheque' negotiation.

I'm just rather bristling at 'replacement' for Biss' - 'holding midfielder' - 'cant expect top dollar' incredibly lazy thinking which seems quite pervasive on this thread and around matchday talk.

The boy is a generational talent who at 20 has come pretty close to singlefootedly changing our entire pattern of play.

The more he plays the more he's going to make Biss look like Dale Stephens. (Good DS - not "FFS forward Stephens")
Not a sentence I ever expect to write.

With you on this - Ali Mac has really replaced Biss in our usual formation, and (in case anyone hasn't noticed) he's doing a fantastic job - another victory for Potter and his magic. His passing is better than Biss as well. The Lallana/Caicedo/Ali Mac triangle is a fantastic blend of leadership and intelligence, box to box brilliance and Argie/Jock ball winning magnificence :lol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He hasn't though.

I was trying to pay him more attention than normal, at West Ham, as the view (Sensible Soccer) lends itself to that compared to my view at T'Amex.

I didn't see too many comparisons with Biss, esp on the multiple occasions he was ahead of Welbeck.
Tackling in West Ham's half.
Raking long passes out to the wings.

Were it not for the fact Jocko was doing exactly the same I'd say he was the new Biss! :jester:

Between him and Mac Allister, the Bissouma hole is filled, and a whole lot more. Biss was not always just loitering at the back waiting for a tackle to be made either though, just that is what was most eye catching about him, in some games he was much more mobile than others. I thought Biss would be much more "box to box" type when we first acquired him, Potter gave him a more limited role that he could excel at, but I think if we still had him he would have got him doing more. Caicedo can do it all and make good decisions at a very good standard already, no need to limit him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With you on this - Ali Mac has really replaced Biss in our usual formation, and (in case anyone hasn't noticed) he's doing a fantastic job - another victory for Potter and his magic. His passing is better than Biss as well. The Lallana/Caicedo/Ali Mac triangle is a fantastic blend of leadership and intelligence, box to box brilliance and Argie/Jock ball winning magnificence :lol:

Mac Allister's passing is superb. I love the curling crossfield pass he regularly does with the outside of the foot. Beautiful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tony Bloom was astute enough to keep Martin Perry on the board who had done a very thorough job on the planning application. Brighton council had already passed the planning application by 11-1, so it was proved that Brighton wanted a stadium.

Btw Prescott didn't say yes or no. The Environment Secretary's job had changed twice before we actually got permission.
What he did do, was to say the stadium needed to be within 8 miles of the city centre, but all sites had to be investigated which was what the public inquiries were about.

Tony Bloom is the third generation of his family on the board, and wants to hand the club to his son, who is also a fan. Making money is his business, BHAFC is his pasion.

One revision to that, DK found and appointed Martin Perry. That was common knowledge at that time and MP mentions that here.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1859220/at-times-i-was-in-tears-says-perry

Back in 1999 young Tony Bloom was quietly in the background, generously helping with others to subsidise the trading losses.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

This is probably the correct way of looking at him. Caicedo coming in and being so strong has allowed Ali Mac to be the Bissouma replacement (tactically and positionally) where Caicedo is playing Mac's previous role at a higher standard.

It's somehow (through great planning and good management) working out exceptionally well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely there isn’t enough time left for Liverpool to increase their bids from 50 million by a couple of million a day to enable them to reach TB’s figure. We still need the transfer request and Romano’s “here we go” tweets before this even gets under way

There’s literally no news on this whatsoever, I’ve searched high and low. Block out the tabloid and twatter lies.

Still, just the Ecuador bullsh@t non-sauce at the weekend, regurgitated on repeat for days by all and sundry.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One revision to that, DK found and appointed Martin Perry. That was common knowledge at that time and MP mentions that here.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1859220/at-times-i-was-in-tears-says-perry

Back in 1999 young Tony Bloom was quietly in the background, generously helping with others to subsidise the trading losses.

That's why I said keep Martin Perry rather than appointed him.

He went on to oversee the changes in the design after the planning permission and get to permission for the training ground. He was also involved in getting planning permission for the housing at Monk's Farm.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Makes me wonder even more why they didn't bid for Bissouma. They'd have got a more experienced PL player for about the same price. Baffling to me

Because “they” and the rest of the football world worried about the legal issue. Levy looked into it and found Bissouma was allowed to travel abroad, charges unlikely.

There’s no evidence “they” are after Caicedo.

If we start following the internet liars, Arsenal may well be in for Caicedo.
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/08/21/report-arsenal-could-bid-for-terrific-player-liverpool-really-want-to-sign/

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Heatmaps for our 3 EPL games so far.

Mac Allister
E3980954-8B23-4447-96ED-22AABEB4DF67.png

Caicedo
2D17CFEE-6575-42D2-ACAF-357936C94139.png

Very similar, on different sides of the pitch.

Both pivots, but with free rein to adventure forward?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mac Allister's passing is superb. I love the curling crossfield pass he regularly does with the outside of the foot. Beautiful.

Agree completely. He's soooo good on the ball. There was one of those outside crossfield curlers in the second half on Sunday. It was eclipsed when he hounded down an opponent at breakneck speed on their right, broke up their counterattack and (I think) set in motion the move that led to Solly inexplicably* heading over the bar.

*unfortunately, with Solly, it's become explainable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The bloke was talking about paying corporation tax on us turning a profit I think.

We have £266m of tax losses, [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] was correct the first time, we won’t be paying CT for many years to come.

Buying players has no influence on corporation tax calculations whatsoever. There is no deferral relief in selling then buying as there is in certain circumstances in the property world.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tony Bloom was astute enough to keep Martin Perry on the board who had done a very thorough job on the planning application. Brighton council had already passed the planning application by 11-1, so it was proved that Brighton wanted a stadium.

Btw Prescott didn't say yes or no. The Environment Secretary's job had changed twice before we actually got permission.
What he did do, was to say the stadium needed to be within 8 miles of the city centre, but all sites had to be investigated which was what the public inquiries were about.

Tony Bloom is the third generation of his family on the board, and wants to hand the club to his son, who is also a fan. Making money is his business, BHAFC is his pasion.

My ageing memory cells may be failing (and there's plenty of evidence for that), but wasn't the 8-mile minimum distance from Brighton and Hove a stipulation from the Football League as part of the 'performance bond' when we decamped to Gillingham?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here