Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If TB cared about getting his money back, he would never have got involved in football. I imagine he's far too intelligent for that. No, the Albion are one of his life's passions, and he's doing what most of us would love to do if we could afford it.

Indeed !

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Albion have years of losses they can bring forward. They won’t be paying tax anytime soon.

And from a cynical accounting point of view, if it ever looks like we might have to pay tax, we just go out and buy another player

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The notion that Bloom has an intention of turning a profit is nonsensical given where we were when he took the club over. He's had to sell really as part of the current model, but for years we didn't sell anyone we wanted to keep.

I totally accept that he wants to the club to be sustainable, he doesn't want to be losing 60 odd million per year, but my view is that he's got no intention of personally recouping any of the money from the training ground or the stadium or any of the losses sustained getting and stabilising our premier league position, let alone looking to turn a personal profit out of this.

At the moment, we're more than sustainable, the next accounts and the ones after will likely show we've stemmed the flow of financial losses under the Hughton the then covid years and might show we've turned a profit.

So the short answer is that I think he will continue to invest, but in the same way he does at the moment. Fishing in different ponds, from Villa, Newcastle, West Ham etc

I am sure Tony Bloom would very much like to see a return on his money at some point, just not at the expense of achieving his ambitions for the club. It is a long term investment, and it looks to me as if it will be a successful one.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The notion that Bloom has an intention of turning a profit is nonsensical given where we were when he took the club over. He's had to sell really as part of the current model, but for years we didn't sell anyone we wanted to keep.

I totally accept that he wants to the club to be sustainable, he doesn't want to be losing 60 odd million per year, but my view is that he's got no intention of personally recouping any of the money from the training ground or the stadium or any of the losses sustained getting and stabilising our premier league position, let alone looking to turn a personal profit out of this.

At the moment, we're more than sustainable, the next accounts and the ones after will likely show we've stemmed the flow of financial losses under the Hughton the then covid years and might show we've turned a profit.

So the short answer is that I think he will continue to invest, but in the same way he does at the moment. Fishing in different ponds, from Villa, Newcastle, West Ham etc

The next accounts, for 21/22 season, will almost certainly show a profit. We had a transfer income of 70m, additional prize money of about 15m and no Covid-related costs.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I am sure Tony Bloom would very much like to see a return on his money at some point, just not at the expense of achieving his ambitions for the club. It is a long term investment, and it looks to me as if it will be a successful one.

I genuinely think he's not after the £300 millionish he's put in for the first 10 years of his ownership back. My take, and I don't know the bloke but i've listened to what him and Barber have said on finance, is that he doesn't want us to be structurally loss making. At the moment we'll turn a profit probably next year, the year after maybe we won't sell as big and make a loss. But the point being is that being up £20m one season then down £20m the next is fine, that represents stability over the medium term. What he wanted to get away from is £50m losses year on year, because that's not running a sustainable club

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I genuinely think he's not after the £300 millionish he's put in for the first 10 years of his ownership back. My take, and I don't know the bloke but i've listened to what him and Barber have said on finance, is that he doesn't want us to be structurally loss making. At the moment we'll turn a profit probably next year, the year after maybe we won't sell as big and make a loss. But the point being is that being up £20m one season then down £20m the next is fine, that represents stability over the medium term. What he wanted to get away from is £50m losses year on year, because that's not running a sustainable club

I doubt very much he has just written it off as hobby expenses. The club can only be sustainable if it makes a profit more often than not, and when it makes profits it can make dividend payments to shareholders, TB owns 95% of the shares of the holding company. What we all want is for TB to get all his money back, and then some, because the club is very profitable.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I doubt very much he has just written it off as hobby expenses. The club can only be sustainable if it makes a profit more often than not, and when it makes profits it can make dividend payments to shareholders, TB owns 95% of the shares of the holding company. What we all want is for TB to get all his money back, and then some, because the club is very profitable.

Then we disagree

In any case, Moises Caicedo. Covers the ground and tackles like Bissouma, but with more goal threat. That at the age of 20 after 10ish senior appearances, when Yves was patchy and in an out of the team up till about age 23. That Moises is one of the most incredible prospects we've ever had is something i'm sure we can agree on :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Then we disagree

In any case, Moises Caicedo. Covers the ground and tackles like Bissouma, but with more goal threat. That at the age of 20 after 10ish senior appearances, when Yves was patchy and in an out of the team up till about age 23. That Moises is one of the most incredible prospects we've ever had is something i'm sure we can agree on :)

Agreed. (but Tony will be quids in when we sell him:wink:)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We simply can’t and won’t sell him this window. He’s filled the Bissouma hole and if he has a good World Cup his value will shoot up again. Next summer he’s gone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We simply can’t and won’t sell him this window. He’s filled the Bissouma hole and if he has a good World Cup his value will shoot up again. Next summer he’s gone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He hasn't though.

I was trying to pay him more attention than normal, at West Ham, as the view (Sensible Soccer) lends itself to that compared to my view at T'Amex.

I didn't see too many comparisons with Biss, esp on the multiple occasions he was ahead of Welbeck.
Tackling in West Ham's half.
Raking long passes out to the wings.

Were it not for the fact Jocko was doing exactly the same I'd say he was the new Biss! :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here