Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I now think you're right about the difference. With the occasional foray forward to send shots into the Falmer poppy field.

As said from the outset I have no idea why some view him (& Jocko) as holding midfielders.
If I can see 'it' other posters have got to be really clueless to not.

I'm pleased the heat maps show that.

With Welbeck dropping deep the defence will have any 3 from Trossard, Groß, March, The Lana, Jocko & Caicedo running at them, from no fixed starting point.

The stuff of nightmares.

Now sure only one can hit the target in that situation - but that's not the point. :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As said from the outset I have no idea why some view him (& Jocko) as holding midfielders.
If I can see 'it' other posters have got to be really clueless to not.

I'm pleased the heat maps show that.

With Welbeck dropping deep the defence will have any 3 from Trossard, Groß, March, The Lana, Jocko & Caicedo running at them, from no fixed starting point.

The stuff of nightmares.

Now sure only one can hit the target in that situation - but that's not the point. :lol:

For me, it was watching him from the NS where he seemed to be policing the area between the centre circle and Dunk, putting in stunning tackles for 90 minutes. Plus some TV games last season where he sat as a double pivot with Biss, Mac Allister and Mwepu further upfield.

I do think GP has changed things this season.

Interesting comment from Trippier after the NU game "Albion flooded the midfield", making it hard to cope with.

Moyes (it's his resting face :lolol:) looked like a helpless rabbit in the headlights on Sunday. How do you stop/track Albion midfielders when they're everywhere?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This is probably the correct way of looking at him. Caicedo coming in and being so strong has allowed Ali Mac to be the Bissouma replacement (tactically and positionally) where Caicedo is playing Mac's previous role at a higher standard.

It's somehow (through great planning and good management) working out exceptionally well.

What we don't know yet is how they will play in a game against Arsenal, City, Liverpool etc when we're defending our box for large parts of the game, can they have the same tenacity to win the ball in those tight spaces and bring it forward. Hopefully yes, and we will see

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My ageing memory cells may be failing (and there's plenty of evidence for that), but wasn't the 8-mile minimum distance from Brighton and Hove a stipulation from the Football League as part of the 'performance bond' when we decamped to Gillingham?

You're right and your memory cells are better than mine.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This evening we've agreed to sell Caicedo to five clubs varying from 28m to 55m. So exciting. He's a DM but not, he plays on the left or is the right? Oh and he's currently on £3k a week Liverpool have offered him £120k a week

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This evening we've agreed to sell Caicedo to five clubs varying from 28m to 55m. So exciting. He's a DM but not, he plays on the left or is the right? Oh and he's currently on £3k a week Liverpool have offered him £120k a week

…. desperate lying tabloids and twatter wannabees.

Still not a jot of concrete information.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For me, it was watching him from the NS where he seemed to be policing the area between the centre circle and Dunk, putting in stunning tackles for 90 minutes. Plus some TV games last season where he sat as a double pivot with Biss, Mac Allister and Mwepu further upfield.

I do think GP has changed things this season.

Interesting comment from Trippier after the NU game "Albion flooded the midfield", making it hard to cope with.

Moyes (it's his resting face :lolol:) looked like a helpless rabbit in the headlights on Sunday. How do you stop/track Albion midfielders when they're everywhere?

Trippier would have been more accurate in saying their midfield was outplayed ….last season’s expensive signing was nowhere and big Joe was reduced to shoving Solly March into an advertising hoarding

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
…. desperate lying tabloids and twatter wannabees.

Still not a jot of concrete information.

Not just the tabloids. The i today is trying to sell him to Liverpool, but someone called Katherine Lucas (who? Exactly) thinks he was on loan in Belgium in the second ghalf of last season and only got his chance because Bissouma was sold. So not exactly a credible sauce.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Looking ahead to the WC, there is a good chance England will play Ecuador in R16. England favourites to top their group, Ecuador likely to finish second behind Netherlands. If he has a good WC, but in particular a good game against England, the price will rocket.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Looking ahead to the WC, there is a good chance England will play Ecuador in R16. England favourites to top their group, Ecuador likely to finish second behind Netherlands. If he has a good WC, but in particular a good game against England, the price will rocket.

FIFA are still investing the claim that Ecuador fielded an illegible player so could still be kicked out, really hope not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

"Oh Ecuador we love you.
We love you Ecuador, we do".

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
FIFA are still investing the claim that Ecuador fielded an illegible player so could still be kicked out, really hope not.

No. That’s all sorted. No case found.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here