Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Your last comment is a good one, points we picked up last season may not be as easy this season with other clubs strengthening with 3 or more players.

True, but exactly the same happened last year. All clubs (actually two this year have notably weakened, but that's unusual) recruit and the supporters of those clubs infer the new signings to be brilliant without having seen them play. Some will turn out to be a success, others won't.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Morgan gibbs white for over 40 million means the price for caicedo just became 200 million.

I had never heard of him, but his wiki is funny right now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Gibbs-White

Morgan Anthony Gibbs-White (born 27 January 2000) is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Nottingham Forest.Some how his agent has managed to con an absolute living and pull off the deal of the century. In total Gibbs-White has played roughly 13 seconds of football throughout his senior career. 44.5 million I mean jesus christ man, somehow He has represented England at under-16 through under-21 level.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I had never heard of him, but his wiki is funny right now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Gibbs-White

Morgan Anthony Gibbs-White (born 27 January 2000) is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Nottingham Forest.Some how his agent has managed to con an absolute living and pull off the deal of the century. In total Gibbs-White has played roughly 13 seconds of football throughout his senior career. 44.5 million I mean jesus christ man, somehow He has represented England at under-16 through under-21 level.
Haha! True though isn’t it? Makes Cucu seem a steal. Absolutely nuts. I’m sure he is a very good player, Cooper knows him and wants him so that says a lot. But that transfer is totally ****ing nuts.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Haha! True though isn’t it? Makes Cucu seem a steal. Absolutely nuts. I’m sure he is a very good player, Cooper knows him and wants him so that says a lot. But that transfer is totally ****ing nuts.

I couldn't give an opinion, I really have no idea of his talent, but the internet seems to think it is a batshit mental fee for him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Yet he's played more games and has more PL experience than the last English player Albion sold. For £50m. (The deal is £35m with add ons not a guaranteed £43m)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The initial fee is apparently lower than first reported. Not sure if this is media management in light of the mocking

[tweet]1560261478401601543[/tweet]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It seems Forest are doing quite a few deals with large amounts in add ons. Could the supposed £15m for Maupay go up to much higher (or is it much lower, and only gets to £15m in certain situations).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think this was originally attributed to Lord Beaverbrook, he asked a lady at a party a hypothetical question, "would you sleep with a stranger for a million pounds?" to which she said she would, he then asked if she would do likewise for five pounds, to which she said "what type of woman do you think I am?" he replied "we have already established what type of woman you are, now we are just negotiating the price"
:lol: I think I remember that. Funny, although I'm not convinced it's true.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We could certainly bid for any player but 30 million plus players are likely to want a bigger club than the Albion as their next destination, otherwise what you say has legs
Wolves pull off over £30m signings quite consistently the clubs are probably of equal stature.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I'm loving the Caisedo speculation-a-thon. Some of these websites have club specific versions, so Man U, Arsenal, West Ham and Liverpool all have identical stories on why they're buying him. Then Newcastle sites have decided that Ashworth's plan is to definitely buy him next year. Occasionally they point out Brighton are a tough nut to crack so he'll cost more than we paid. I feel with the club £100 million up and Moises as Bissouma's long term replacement, that these sites are missing the glaringly obvious. And do these clubs genuinely have transfer policies based on paying top dollar for a player because he is star of the week in the Prem?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm loving the Caisedo speculation-a-thon. Some of these websites have club specific versions, so Man U, Arsenal, West Ham and Liverpool all have identical stories on why they're buying him. Then Newcastle sites have decided that Ashworth's plan is to definitely buy him next year. Occasionally they point out Brighton are a tough nut to crack so he'll cost more than we paid. I feel with the club £100 million up and Moises as Bissouma's long term replacement, that these sites are missing the glaringly obvious. And do these clubs genuinely have transfer policies based on paying top dollar for a player because he is star of the week in the Prem?
Got any links to all those stories? Can't find much on their fans forums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here