Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn`t realise i was,just concerned when one of our best players talks about his ambition to play for a big club,exactly as Bis and Cucu did .

Music to my (& Mr Bloom's) ears.

Any young, ambitious player wanting to settle at the Albion needs to f**k off yesterday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People saying we simply shouldn’t sell are being a bit moronic imo. Every player has a price. Would anyone on here say we shouldn’t sell if offered 1 billion? Surely not. Therefore the only difference is what you would accept as an offer.

Selling the last defensive midfielder we have, with days to go in this window, would rip the heart out of the team.

Caicedo single-handedly screwed Howe’s creative plans through the middle, and at OT (there’s a great clips video) he bossed all things midfield. Giving 4 precious points.

The difference between comfortably mid table and a 38 game relegation battle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Selling the last defensive midfielder we have, with days to go in this window, would rip the heart out of the team.

Caicedo single-handedly screwed Howe’s creative plans through the middle, and at OT (there’s a great clips video) he bossed all things midfield. Giving 4 precious points.

The difference between comfortably mid table and a 38 game relegation battle.

Mac Allister says 'hi'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
People saying we simply shouldn’t sell are being a bit moronic imo. Every player has a price. Would anyone on here say we shouldn’t sell if offered 1 billion? Surely not. Therefore the only difference is what you would accept as an offer.
I think it more that we wouldn't sell for any price a club would possibly pay.

Obviously we'd sell for £1(UK)billion.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As would most other players. That is the attraction of coming to Brighton, improving and then moving on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Sure,but BIS,Cucu,Maupay,and Caicedo in one window is not sustainable imo.

No. Selling your three best players and your top scorer in one window isn’t sustainable. We won’t sell Caicedo this window.
People need to get off social media and breathe.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That was just to establish there is a price which means people saying “we should not sell” all mean “we should not sell unless we get a ridiculous proposition which we can’t turn down” which means they would sell and should stop saying they wouldn’t.

So when the club made the statement "He is not for sale" they should have included "unless you want to make us a really big offer"? We all know there is some price above which TB would not refuse, but we can safely assume it is above what any sane club would, or possibly even could, offer for a 20 year old with 10 PL games under his belt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He’s what I call a deep lying quarterback these days, operating next to a Biss or Caicedo.

Whilst they just need to tackle all night for fun, making simple passes to MacA and the other geniuses with the ball.

I think that might be true of Biss and Jocko.

I don't see Caicedo in the same mold I believe, he, like Jocko, has forward thinking boots!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We won't sell currently, I fully expect Caicedo to shine at the World Cup, then we will see the top European clubs knocking at Tony's door and we will be able to get a very sizeable fee, should our valuation be met.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

I dont see how it is moronic to be honest- Selling Bissouma was expected, Cucu was not ideal but manageable, Maupay is understandable, yet risky. To me, any first team player beyond that point is a red line. Selling Caicedo is too disruptive and would be a cynical bit of business considering our club is trying to remain ambitious and competitive. I don’t see how any offer that isnt bordering on absurd for Caicedo would be tolerable. The club invested too much time and money into Caicedo for Man United to come out of nowhere and buy him because they’re panicking. Perhaps if they didn’t take such a shotgun approach this window and actually came to the table weeks ago the story may have been different, but now the context has completely changed, its too late in the window now, come back in January, if you arent battling relegation by then.

FWIW as an aside, I am loving the fact we are now a club that is playing hardball with the likes of Manure and Citeh over our players- our worth has gone up in the world.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we have Chelsea Liverpool arsenal West Ham and Manchester United interested as well as 2 clubs abroad according to the rumours?. Are we NSC ers expecting a huge bidding war before window closes?
Oops make that 3 clubs abroad with Barca Juve and athletico Madrid!

You can't have it both ways.

You can't fish for a serious discussion about the buying clubs.

&

Include West Ham in the list of potential suitors.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So we have Chelsea Liverpool arsenal West Ham and Manchester United interested as well as 2 clubs abroad according to the rumours?. Are we NSC ers expecting a huge bidding war before window closes?
Oops make that 3 clubs abroad with Barca Juve and athletico Madrid!

No.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I reckon there's about 5% chance we sell Caicedo in this window. It's highly unlikely.

The only way I could see it, is if the Glazers, facing massive protests, desperately throw money around to try and buy themselves some popularity. They did this before shortly after the ESL protests and the protests died down a bit for a while, so that part of it is plausible

The figure i've got in my head is about 85 million quid. If they went crazy and offered that, I reckon we'd sell in this window. They'd have higher profile targets first though.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Moises will go. It is about when.

At the mo, the club might receive 3 types offer:

1. Piss off you jokers
2. Tempting, but come back next summer
3. Holy shit, "deal"

As much as I like him, I can see the bigger picture as taught by Bruce Lee.

Moises is the finger. The moon is Albion's future team.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Player on (probably) relatively low wage has great start to the season and becomes hot property. Agent senses chance to get a lucrative new contract on much higher wage. Floats interest from big clubs to gain leverage in the negotiations. Expect a new contract making him one of our higher earners soon after the window closes.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£100M+ and 17th. Would that be considered a reasonable season, given the scope we'd have for bringing in more better players? As long as it was 17th., not 18th., with a greater proportion of goals and wins at the Amex?

Not ideal, but £100M plus .................... hmmm.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You can't have it both ways.

You can't fish for a serious discussion about the buying clubs.

&

Include West Ham in the list of potential suitors.

:lolol: its the Ruel Fox poll option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here