Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I reckon there's about 5% chance we sell Caicedo in this window. It's highly unlikely.

The only way I could see it, is if the Glazers, facing massive protests, desperately throw money around to try and buy themselves some popularity. They did this before shortly after the ESL protests and the protests died down a bit for a while, so that part of it is plausible

The figure i've got in my head is about 85 million quid. If they went crazy and offered that, I reckon we'd sell in this window. They'd have higher profile targets first though.

Glazers wont buy an impressive but unknown player to save themselves, they'll buy some one more recognised "marquee" player, probably on ridiculous wages, even if the track record of this approach is so poor.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At some price then, you presumably are a rent boy? I mean, you can say you would never take one in the bum at any price, but if you were offered a Billion quid? Therefore, you are a rent boy, just a pricey one.
:lol:

I don't think it works to call someone a sex worker, just a pricey one, if they've never accepted a bid. Just as you can't call yourself a gigalow when no one's paying. But as a football club, we have sold many players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
£100M+ and 17th. Would that be considered a reasonable season, given the scope we'd have for bringing in more better players? As long as it was 17th., not 18th., with a greater proportion of goals and wins at the Amex?

Not ideal, but £100M plus .................... hmmm.

Financial scope, but bugger all time left in this window to get first team transfer targets over the line.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
:lol:

I don't think it works to call someone a sex worker, just a pricey one, if they've never accepted a bid. Just as you can't call yourself a gigalow when no one's paying. But as a football club, we have sold many players.

I think this was originally attributed to Lord Beaverbrook, he asked a lady at a party a hypothetical question, "would you sleep with a stranger for a million pounds?" to which she said she would, he then asked if she would do likewise for five pounds, to which she said "what type of woman do you think I am?" he replied "we have already established what type of woman you are, now we are just negotiating the price"

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I dont see how it is moronic to be honest- Selling Bissouma was expected, Cucu was not ideal but manageable, Maupay is understandable, yet risky. To me, any first team player beyond that point is a red line. Selling Caicedo is too disruptive and would be a cynical bit of business considering our club is trying to remain ambitious and competitive. I don’t see how any offer that isnt bordering on absurd for Caicedo would be tolerable. The club invested too much time and money into Caicedo for Man United to come out of nowhere and buy him because they’re panicking. Perhaps if they didn’t take such a shotgun approach this window and actually came to the table weeks ago the story may have been different, but now the context has completely changed, its too late in the window now, come back in January, if you arent battling relegation by then.

FWIW as an aside, I am loving the fact we are now a club that is playing hardball with the likes of Manure and Citeh over our players- our worth has gone up in the world.

I don’t want to sell him. I am saying that we would and should if we get an absolutely absurd bid. I said a few days ago that I didn’t think anyone would bid such an amount. This is just the point that we can say he is not for sale if we want but every footballer is. If the answer to “would you sell for a billion?” Is yes then we would sell. Of course we won’t get that and bloom won’t take anything less than far more than we got for Cuc but saying we could not function without him is wrong. We would still have Alexis, lalana, Mwepu, gross who can all play centre mid plus of course someone who I think could still be class in alzate. Moder to come back. It is far from ideal but we can’t be turning down absolutely ridiculous amounts. Caicedo has been brilliant for ten games but if we sold him we would cope. I don’t want to but if someone offered over 100 million then that is far too good to turn down!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The point is, unwelcome as the £100M sale of Caicedo would be, I would still back us not to be relegated.

With no Cucu, Biss, Maupay or Caicedo replacements, I wouldn’t be so sure that we’d avoid the mix. Caicedo has been integral to the 4 points start. We also need to cater for injuries … Welbeck, Dunk, Caicedo, Veltman vital.

We truly clicked into a first gear on a wonderful afternoon at the Emirates in early April and haven’t looked back. Imho losing Caicedo from the team that twice deservedly beat Manure and took that Arsenal team apart, would be a step too far.

Money in the bank would be no help to GP.

This summer clubs such as Forest, Wolves, Fulham, Leeds, West Ham have been on a transfer spend arms race.

We need Caicedo and hopefully some recruits to progress too.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I don’t want to sell him. I am saying that we would and should if we get an absolutely absurd bid. I said a few days ago that I didn’t think anyone would bid such an amount. This is just the point that we can say he is not for sale if we want but every footballer is. If the answer to “would you sell for a billion?” Is yes then we would sell. Of course we won’t get that and bloom won’t take anything less than far more than we got for Cuc but saying we could not function without him is wrong. We would still have Alexis, lalana, Mwepu, gross who can all play centre mid plus of course someone who I think could still be class in alzate. Moder to come back. It is far from ideal but we can’t be turning down absolutely ridiculous amounts. Caicedo has been brilliant for ten games but if we sold him we would cope. I don’t want to but if someone offered over 100 million then that is far too good to turn down!

On the point of coping without him he could get seriously injured in our next game and miss the rest of the season. So I hope (and think) we’d be ok without him. Definitely not as good but ok.

Unless a bid is absurdly high through another club’s desperation we won’t be selling him as he’ll almost certainly be worth more in a year’s time than now.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With no Cucu, Biss, Maupay or Caicedo replacements, I wouldn’t be so sure that we’d avoid the mix. Caicedo has been integral to the 4 points start. We also need to cater for injuries … Welbeck, Dunk, Caicedo, Veltman vital.

We truly clicked into a first gear on a wonderful afternoon at the Emirates in early April and haven’t looked back. Imho losing Caicedo from the team that twice deservedly beat Manure and took that Arsenal team apart, would be a step too far.

This summer clubs such as Forest, Wolves, Fulham, Leeds, West Ham have been on a transfer spend arms race.

Not suggesting he should go anywhere except for an absurdly enormous bid - but if we get one ...............................

On the point of coping without him he could get seriously injured in our next game and miss the rest of the season. So I hope (and think) we’d be ok without him. Definitely not as good but ok.

Unless a bid is absurdly high through another club’s desperation we won’t be selling him as he’ll almost certainly be worth more in a year’s time than now.
....this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Selling him now would be the equivalent of getting all of us a Stretch Armstrong for Christmas only to take it away on Boxing Day.

Unkie Tone will buy us an Evel Knievel Stunt Bike next Christmas before he takes away Stretch.

#OneForTheKidz.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Selling him now would be the equivalent of getting all of us a Stretch Armstrong for Christmas only to take it away on Boxing Day.

Unkie Tone will buy us an Evel Knievel Stunt Bike next Christmas before he takes away Stretch.

#OneForTheKidz.

Hhmmm, a man who allegedly broke every bone in his body during his career and spent a lot of time in hospital, sounds like a perfect replacement for Stretch!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

#OneForTheKidz.

The Evil Knievel stunt bike was awesome!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hhmmm, a man who allegedly broke every bone in his body during his career and spent a lot of time in hospital, sounds like a perfect replacement for Stretch!

Teddy knows.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

#OneForTheKidz.

Stretch Armstrong was shit, would have swapped him for an Action Man rifle before Boxing Day arrived. This is more like the big Scalextric set with James Hunts F1 JPS Lotus being removed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

This is, in one sense, an argument in favour of cashing in, of course. We turned down a bid of £400,000 (I believe) for Steve Penney from Arsenal back in the day in the belief that he would eventually be worth more but he suffered a series of injuries and no-one bid again.

If TB is offered a ridiculous amount of money for Caicedo - and bearing in mind his age, I'd consider nothing less than £100m ridiculous - then logic dictates that he would have to take it. And I'm sure Potter would have to agree, whether he would prefer to keep the player or not. Not ideal, but I doubt if he's be too concerned about starting Alzate or Mwepu alongside Ally Mac, with the funds to buy almost any player he wanted in his back pocket for January.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is, in one sense, an argument in favour of cashing in, of course. We turned down a bid of £400,000 (I believe) for Steve Penney from Arsenal back in the day in the belief that he would eventually be worth more but he suffered a series of injuries and no-one bid again.

If TB is offered a ridiculous amount of money for Caicedo - and bearing in mind his age, I'd consider nothing less than £100m ridiculous - then logic dictates that he would have to take it. And I'm sure Potter would have to agree, whether he would prefer to keep the player or not. Not ideal, but I doubt if he's be too concerned about starting Alzate or Mwepu alongside Ally Mac, with the funds to buy almost any player he wanted in his back pocket for January.

We could certainly bid for any player but 30 million plus players are likely to want a bigger club than the Albion as their next destination, otherwise what you say has legs

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We could certainly bid for any player but 30 million plus players are likely to want a bigger club than the Albion as their next destination, otherwise what you say has legs

Of course that's right, but I doubt if our wage structure would allow us to bid for those players anyway. I was thinking more along the lines of the next Caicedo, Trossard or Mitoma that the recruitment department have in their sights. Maybe someone they spot at the World Cup.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The point is, unwelcome as the £100M sale of Caicedo would be, I would still back us not to be relegated.
We probably wouldn’t be. Although if we were we’d have an extra £100m on top of parachute payments to spend our way out of the Championship.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Your last comment is a good one, points we picked up last season may not be as easy this season with other clubs strengthening with 3 or more players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here