Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOD REQUEST: Ban the P*lace.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the meantime every Herbert south of the river is on here taking the piss out of us, and the mods do nothing about it.

I do enjoy the funny tolerant approach, but not when we become the butt of the jokes - and on our own turf.
Grow a pair and take it on the chin. It's character building. I don't care what they say, our club is in the best position it's been in in my lifetime so they're going to have to go some to upset me right now. Had they have been here giving it the biggun in the two seasons when we were bottom of the 4th, I may have got a bit upset and asked the mods to get rid of them. Right now, I'm bullet proof.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry, but I disagree re;ignoring the thread and it will 'disappear'.

If you ignore an offensive thread or remark, the poster will merely increase the vileness of his next posting, until he does get a reaction.

Telling another poster to "f*** off and die" is exactly what happens with this laissez faire attitude. The comments from the Palace supporter (and I would ban any supporter who says that) have done nothing to quell the animosity between Brighton and Palace supporters....and IMHO....have increased the possibilty of more violence at our next 'meeting' with Palace, be that at the Amex, Selhurst Park, Brighton town centre or Croydon.

Trolls try to get a reaction. Ignore them and they go away.

Did you report the post in question?

---
I am here: Google Maps

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Palace fans are entitled to take the piss in my view. Many of us, me included, spouted off how we were going to beat them pre match. They turned up and pissed all over us. They deserve their moment.

And as others have said if you don't like it don't keep bouncing their threads back up the top of the board.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

---

Trolls don't go away when ignored. That mate is a fact. Take it from me :wink:

Besides i thought trolling was a banning offense ?

Ps

Are you a season ticket holder ?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Palace fans are entitled to take the piss in my view. Many of us, me included, spouted off how we were going to beat them pre match. They turned up and pissed all over us. They deserve their moment.

And as others have said if you don't like it don't keep bouncing their threads back up the top of the board.

As much as this will appear we are siding together, but this in my opinion is probably one of the best post I have read in a while..........(well done Dad :)

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I disagree totally. I have been a mod for nearly 15 years and the philosophy behind NSC has never changed, and that includes many years before advertising took place. Bozza has never taken a penny out for himself and has only gone down the advertising route because the hosting fees are now over £5,000 a year. In the old days he paid for it out of his own pocket.

---

Nah - I disagree totally with that. The whole thing is designed to protect advertising revenues.

It would just be a bit more honest if you came out and said so.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

---

Yes...actually I did.

In fairness, the Mod PM,d me explaining why he wouldn't.....although I still very much disagree with his...and indeed your...point of view.

Just to put a bit of balance on Mods choices to ban or not to ban.....I accept that is often a differing matter of opinion. However, I feel certain that (Brighton) posters in the past, have been banned for exactly this.

Given that this was a Palace supporter, can we now assume that it is OK for them now to continue to treat this forum with the utter contempt and disdain that the Mods are allowing...?

Once again, I disagree with your view of "ignore them and they will go away". In my view, continue to allow their disgusting behaviour on here and the only people going away....will be Albion supporters who many are quite frankly sick of it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I have done, and there's been just ONE banning since Tuesday, and that was for......spamming.

Yet again your wrong....but i am not going to spend half the night proving it....it's a friday...and i am enjoying myself..........if it helps I have just banned PALACEFAN for his homophobic comment above.........

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Yet again your wrong....but i am not going to spend half the night proving it....it's a friday...and i am enjoying myself..........if it helps I have just banned PALACEFAN for his homophobic comment above.........

Good on ya - now mop up another 4 or 5 of the fuckers and I will get off your case.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Nice to see it was a permanent ban and not the pathetic 2 or 3 days that are usually dished out for gay crap. Thumbs up.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Good on ya - now mop up another 4 or 5 of the fuckers and I will get off your case.

Your not on my case, and if you were it would not affect how i moderate, and i certainly would never be influenced by anyone asking for someone to be banned, I will always use my own discretion, rightly or wrongly.

Now it is a friday night....chill and enjoy yourself..........:)

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Your not on my case, and if you were it would not affect how i moderate, and i certainly would never be influenced by anyone asking for someone to be banned, I will always use my own discretion, rightly or wrongly.

Now it is a friday night....chill and enjoy yourself..........:)

do a couple more - there's plenty of material out there - you dont want people calling you chicken shit do you ?

:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here