Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOD REQUEST: Ban the P*lace.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
To be honest as an LFC mod for 5 years we do not allow any posters with under 50 posts, post. That at least gets rid of the scumbags who just want to mouth off.
Then, they get one warning for violating any of the rules and basically upsetting the locals and that's it. Tchau.
We have one manc who posts regular but he's OK as he knows his place in the world. Just doesn't look good to open the site for the first time to see scumbag comments all over the first page with their little avvies.
I have two comments about this site since joining and I say it like I see it, good or bad.

1) I have read hundreds of blogs and sites over the years and the humour on this site is exceptional. Some have quite literally brought me to tears.
2) I do sometimes feel a big lack of passion. We seem to have so many "Good chappies" willing to discuss the finer details of our relationship with the scumbags, pompies, saints etc. I read some posts that could be straight off the football365 site, trying to be all things to all men. We must be 100% BHA.
I love SCCC with a passion, member for over 20 years and I take the wife and kids, all over.
We have the the Peterborough Phantoms Ice hockey team, decent night out with the family and lots of RA-RA-RA.
I never take my wife and kids(Girls) to any Brighton or LFC game. It simply means too much to me. I do not want my kids to see the other side of their dad from the one that does the school run, plays with the cat and put my feet up for strictly.
Reason, football is my secret mistress, my passion and my teams are not to be fcked around with, and you all know what Shanks said and if not go take up something interesting.
Just a small question...if you did'nt let them post until they had 50 post....how are they going to get to 50 posts...just a thought...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Personally I think they've been pretty restrained, no point in getting upset about it. You give it out you have to take it back.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the mods have been pretty shite since Tuesday.I don't mind a bit of ribbing and banter from Palace but some of the stuff that has appeared from our illiterate friends and just left on here is a bit of a joke.

You could always report it.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Forums are obviously serious business to liverpool fans!

I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head. I do not go for all this North v South rubbish, but in general I do think northerners take their football seriously when compared to us southerners.
If all you have to give(Please do not take offense as I have not read all your posts) are the twitter happy crap one liner's that in my opinion does not contribute to any decent thread, whats the point?
Just go join twitter.
I really take my football seriously.

To the other guy, sorry my mistake, you can only start a thread after 50 posts as someone kindly pointed out.
Trying hard not to sound like an Internet Captain thingy......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Any chance you would like to comment on post no.19....?

IF I had seen it I might have done something but as far as I am aware it wasn't reported. I got home at 3am after the match and worked 9-9 on Wednesday.

I'm not quite sure what people expect, there was plenty of gobbing off on both sides before the match, hardly surprising they gloated afterwards.

If a Nigel starts a mouthy thread don't reply and it will disappear very rapidly.

---
I am here: Google Maps

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
IF I had seen it I might have done something but as far as I am aware it wasn't reported. I got home at 3am after the match and worked 9-9 on Wednesday.

I'm not quite sure what people expect, there was plenty of gobbing off on both sides before the match, hardly surprising they gloated afterwards.

If a Nigel starts a mouthy thread don't reply and it will disappear very rapidly.

---

Precisely.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The mods, a bit like our defence on Tuesday, have been completely AWOL.

Oh well, banning offensive rival supporters would only affect Bozza's subscriber numbers, and his advertising revenues.

Are you saying we should ban offensive rival supporters but not ban offensive Albion ones?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There are some decent Palace fans who are welcome to post here (Little Al, SJ Love Monkey, Croydon Bloke). Then are the trolls and those who have f*** all about them, viz @churley.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On balance, yes.

This isn't the f***ing Guardian, it's Brighton's main football message board

Bozza's mantra has always been "NSC welcomes everybody". We do have a liberal and tolerant approach to running the board. There are other Albion boards that take a harder line, and I suspect it is reflected in their traffic.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Bozza's mantra has always been "NSC welcomes everybody". We do have a liberal and tolerant approach to running the board. There are other Albion boards that take a harder line, and I suspect it is reflected in their traffic.

I suspect that has more to do with advertising revenues- the more subscribers, the more advertising revenue this board gets.

In the meantime every Herbert south of the river is on here taking the piss out of us, and the mods do nothing about it.

I do enjoy the funny tolerant approach, but not when we become the butt of the jokes - and on our own turf.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The mods, a bit like our defence on Tuesday, have been completely AWOL.

Oh well, banning offensive rival supporters would only affect Bozza's subscriber numbers, and his advertising revenues.

I think you need to do a bit more research before commenting my friend, check out the Moderating decisions.....

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

---

Sorry, but I disagree re;ignoring the thread and it will 'disappear'.

If you ignore an offensive thread or remark, the poster will merely increase the vileness of his next posting, until he does get a reaction.

Telling another poster to "f*** off and die" is exactly what happens with this laissez faire attitude. The comments from the Palace supporter (and I would ban any supporter who says that) have done nothing to quell the animosity between Brighton and Palace supporters....and IMHO....have increased the possibilty of more violence at our next 'meeting' with Palace, be that at the Amex, Selhurst Park, Brighton town centre or Croydon.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I suspect that has more to do with advertising revenues- the more subscribers, the more advertising revenue this board gets.

In the meantime every Herbert south of the river is on here taking the piss out of us, and the mods do nothing about it.

I do enjoy the funny tolerant approach, but not when we become the butt of the jokes - and on our own turf.

I disagree totally. I have been a mod for nearly 15 years and the philosophy behind NSC has never changed, and that includes many years before advertising took place. Bozza has never taken a penny out for himself and has only gone down the advertising route because the hosting fees are now over £5,000 a year. In the old days he paid for it out of his own pocket.

---

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here