Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moat Watch

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
i looked up his facebook page when this saga began - his friends were mainly made up of steroid induced, arm folded baldies, you get the gist. now it looks as if dozens of fake moat facebook pages exist.

on a seperate note i just heard there are currently 250 armed police at the scene - a tad excessive surely?

Just found this off the telegraph web site, pretty funny:

By Nick Collins
Published: 10:52PM BST 09 Jul 2010
Gascoigne appeared in the Northumberland town on Friday night in an attempt to smooth negotiations between police and the fugitive, which had been ongoing for several hours.

The retired footballer, 43, said he was a "good friend" of Moat and had brought him a "can of lager, some chicken, a mobile phone and something to keep warm".

He told Metro Radio: "He is willing to give in now. I just want to give him some therapy and say 'come on Moaty, it's Gazza'.

"He is all right – simply as that and I am willing to help him. I have come all the way from Newcastle to Rothbury to find him, have a chat with him.

"I guarantee, Moaty, he won't shoot me. I am good friends with him."

Gascoigne, who has battled with drink for much of his adult life, is a frequent visitor to Rothbury for the quality of the local fishing.

He was reported to have fallen off the wagon in the town in 1999, while still a footballer, when locals reported seeing him drunk in a local pub.

Reacting with shock to the news Gascoigne was in Rothbury, his agent Kenny Shepherd said: "He's doing what? I am sitting having an evening meal in Majorca. I'm speechless."

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Heres the link anyway.

Whether its his or not remains to be seen, but it's nice to think it is, because the comments were quality!

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Surely that ones bollocks, no way would he list his activities as hide and seek unless he has a cracking sense of humour...

Also that Laidler bloke (and more importantly Gazza) arent on his friends list.

Edit: Turns out its a bloke from Wales who's changed his name, activities etc to get the attention.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
on a seperate note i just heard there are currently 250 armed police at the scene - a tad excessive surely?

How many should there be, in your opinion?

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
How many should there be, in your opinion?

probably a dozen to take turns at covering him.

not 250, they have had enough overtime...

what can he do now ?

he is on his own with one gun...hes not exactly superman...

if 10-12 cops cant deal with him in this situation, there is something seriously wrong

we are talking ARMED cops not cordon controlling plods

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
just have the gurning copper with the taser gun - surely his expression would make him chuckle and throw him off balance

but seriously 20 max - any more can lead to communication breakdown

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
listening to this via internet news feed - currently breaking the story that earlier in the day moat may have stolen a tomato - a killer AND a thief!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
probably a dozen to take turns at covering him.

not 250, they have had enough overtime...

what can he do now ?

he is on his own with one gun...hes not exactly superman...

if 10-12 cops cant deal with him in this situation, there is something seriously wrong

we are talking ARMED cops not cordon controlling plods

Again, people are reacting to cheap news headlines.

I'd guess there have been 250 armed on the operation in total. That would be to provide searching capability over a large area, a mobile response capacity in the event of sightings, guarding of vulnerable locations, and rotating cover over a 24 hour, three shift day.

Believe me, those in charge will be wincing at the overtime bill and will be standing units down as soon as humanly possible but the full stand down will not happen until it's all resolved as they have to plan for various contingencies.

Trust me, police overtime is as squeezed as any business in this day and age.

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
1 v 1 would be sporting. This is England, what, what.

Given he has had accomplices, it isn't unreasonable to suppose he might have some additional "help" still hidden out there.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
listening to this via internet news feed - currently breaking the story that earlier in the day moat may have stolen a tomato - a killer AND a thief!

And a suspected armed robber.

And a man convicted of assaulting a ten year old.

Still, at least he doesn't beat his missus up. He just shoots her so that's alright then.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
250 armed men, there is one of him, I'd think 10 would be more than enough, the rest should go home and stop claiming overtime

I think a single copper with one of these would do it.

gatling.jpg

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
That phone call he made was f***ing hilarious. Gazza pissed up trying to befriend Britains most wanted man. Has made my night. Classic

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
i looked up his facebook page when this saga began - his friends were mainly made up of steroid induced, arm folded baldies, you get the gist. now it looks as if dozens of fake moat facebook pages exist.

I agree when I lose my Raulmoat Control for my xbox nobody helps me look.:shrug:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
36764_10150224740825608_701545607_1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here