Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moat Watch

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
And copper at the top needs to get the f***ing stock into his shoulder otherwise he is going to be spraying the trees when he pulls the trigger!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Oi Moat freeze !!! or the copper gets it

article-1293492-0A631949000005DC-740_634x689.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think your most important word is "Potentially" "Probably and locality" however is nearer the mark, Edna, i appreciate you will stick up for the force, and quite rightly so, so don't take any comments personally, but you also must accept there wil be criticism, especially when the general public are the wage payers......

Not taking anything personally, when we f*** up we f*** up & deserve everything that's coming, I just don't happen to think they have f***ed up on this occasion, so far anyway.

You're basing your judgement here on what you've seen on TV, I'm basing mine on what's come out at work about it, and through knowledge of the procedures (and reasoning behind them) that would be employed in such a situation.

If the police knew Moat's exact whereabouts they'd have been there days ago, therefore its fair to assume they only had a rough idea. In that situation they get hundreds of calls re potential sightings, all of which have to be followed up and judged on their merits. Even
Sussex will have had calls from random people thinking they spotted Moat in Worthing or wherever. And if it's so easy to find someone in miles of open land using only thermal imaging then the Mountain Rescue types would never lose any walkers, would they?

So I'm not taking it personally but equally not just going to sit and accept criticism which is at best uninformed and at worst motivated by a personal issue with the
Police.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sky News; Manhunt Police Officer, "This could go on all night, I'll be happy to take as long as it takes"

Course they bloody will, how much is the overtime invoice

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh and I am also a member of the public too, therefore I pay my own wages :yawn:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He claims to be Moats friend and is pissed as a fart.

Rumour is he rocked up with a can of lager, chicken, mobile phone and clothes. Others suggest he brought a fishing rod; others that he was dressed solely in a dressing gown.

Dont believe any of that, although apparently the first sentence he said himself, but would make this episode all the more surreal.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon Taser dude is angry because he turned up too late to get given a gun. Either that

He has got a gun??? There's what I believe is a G36c on his lap and a 9mm handgun of some description holstered?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Come on " Big Vern" ventilate yourself and get it over with !

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
He has got a gun??? There's what I believe is a G36c on his lap and a 9mm handgun of some description holstered?

Nope -nothing across his lap (that's his batman belt) - but yes, they have clearly allowed him to have something else to defend himself from Gazza with. Paintballs probably. I think it looks more like Rik Mayall has turned up with a home-stencilled WWII ARP helmet.

Remind me again of the effective distance of the taser? The M18 can fire up to 15 feet - how close is Rik to Mr Moat? Would he not be far more effective with the handgun than the shocker?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Nope -nothing across his lap (that's his batman belt) - but yes, they have clearly allowed him to have something else to defend himself from Gazza with. Paintballs probably. I think it looks more like Rik Mayall has turned up with a home-stencilled WWII ARP helmet.

Remind me again of the effective distance of the taser? The M18 can fire up to 15 feet - how close is Rik to Mr Moat? Would he not be far more effective with the handgun than the shocker?

they reckon the effective range of the tazer is twenty feet

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hmmm, well it's not his batman belt but maybe a radio and the strap for a long barrelled weapon. Handgun is normally a Glock 17. As he's got the short shield he is presumably the handgun or less lethal option man.

Taser is up to 21ft generally. I think they're too far away but they have to have it as an available option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here