Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moat Watch

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Sounds like hes shot himself

BBC News - Gunfire heard in 'Raoul Moat stand-off'

Gunfire heard in 'Raoul Moat stand-off'

Page last updated at 00:33 GMT, Saturday, 10 July 2010 01:33 UK

Gunshots have reportedly been heard at the scene of a stand-off between police and a man believed to be armed fugitive Raoul Moat.

BBC producer Claire Kendall, who is close to the scene in Rothbury, Northumberland, says she has heard two shots.

Eyewitnesses say they have seen someone being loaded into an ambulance.

Police had been negotiating with the man, said to fit the description of Moat, for more than five hours.

Earlier, eyewitnesses reported seeing the man with a gun pointed at his own neck.

Reported as 'injured'.

Man resembling gunman Moat 'shot in police stand-off'

Page last updated at 00:48 GMT, Saturday, 10 July 2010 01:48 UK

A man fitting the description of Raoul Moat was surrounded by police Police say a man fitting the description of fugitive Raoul Moat has been shot after a six-hour stand-off with armed officers.

In a statement, Northumbria Police said "a shot or shots have been fired" and the injured man is now receiving treatment.

No officers have been injured.

Police had been negotiating with the man, who was earlier seen with a gun pointed at his own neck, close to a river in the town of Rothbury.

BBC producer Claire Kendall said she heard two shots fired.

An ambulance has been seen leaving the scene accompanied by two police cars. The convoy is heading in the direction of Newcastle.

Police discovered the man at around 1900 BST on Friday. Expert negotiators were brought in to speak to him.

Unconfirmed reports suggested a friend of Moat was also brought inside the police cordon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Look at the taser dude!

article-1293492-0A631949000005DC-740_634x689.jpg

Oh it's a taser. I thought it was one of those little water proof cameras you take on beach holidays. They are by a river after all.

I still think he looks a bit comedic in that tin hat though. I cant take their accents seriously either.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Looks like he's having a shit.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Why are they all looking right into the camera, yet their guns are pointing in a different direction?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How did Minty get in on the photo thats what I want to know.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Raoul Moat has had his Facebook profile deleted on the grounds that he no longer has a face.

Odd that there were screams in the 'green' vid off the telly, sounded like he was begging for mercy. Latest is that he was tazed whilst holding the gun to his own head (which would probably cause him to squeeze the trigger anyway).
Not that I have great sympathy for the murderer, but I get the feeling that it was not a simple case of willing suicide - and the old bill get to create the most convenient outcome to wrap things up nicely.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon he was executed and it was always on the cards. After all the plod were after their pound of flesh.

Questions

why were reporters kept at bay when in Afghanistan they go on patroll with the troops?

Who was the copper screwing his girlfriend?

Apparently he was arrested 10 times without charge prior to his conviction.

Why were the top coppers laughing and calling him a nutter on the telly?

Why wasn't he shot with a tranquiliser dart at sundown?

Why were so many of his mates willing to help him if he was just a crazy case?

His relative says there were no signs of tazer use in the coroners report.

Scumbag he maybe but I thought he was dead meat as soon as he shot a copper.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Rain pouring down, coppers getting wet, tazer fingers aching, 1am at night, weekend coming up, embarrasment of not catching him for a week, not tracking him in the first place.......

makes you think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here