Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moany wankers (2)

K1ngKaz

Oct 10, 2010
In a nut shell....

it's people that haven't a clue about football that are moaning and groaning about 'passing from the back' as they've only seen route 1 from Albion most of their season ticket holding days! and it wont help the guys on the pitch either! Surely it's better to keep the ball than not?!? :albion1:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Our fans are, in the main, a bunch of utter twats.

As painful as it is to agree with you have to agree with that point.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In a nut shell....

it's people that haven't a clue about football that are moaning and groaning about 'passing from the back'

Not true!

There's a guy a few rows back and over a bit from where I sit who has no idea about anything. Last week he moaned that we took a corner short because they never work. It was the corner we scored from. Seems to think offsides can be taken anywhere, etc. the guy has very little idea about the laws of the game, what works in football etc. Generally doesn't have a clue, and doesn't have the self control to stop himself embarrassing himself.

But despite this, he was vocal in opposition to the handful of fans calli for the ball to be launched forward. He actually led the sarcastic calls for more hoofball, and saying "That's what we want to see, more of that please" after launching the ball led to us losing it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Did hear some moaning from C, but not really from A or B block.

I'm more fed up with the people on this site bitching about Barnes and unjustifiably.

Murray received stick from the same people at the beginning of last season (remember Brentford away).

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Did hear some moaning from C, but not really from A or B block.

I'm more fed up with the people on this site bitching about Barnes and unjustifiably.

Murray received stick from the same people at the beginning of last season (remember Brentford away).

I don't rate Barnes and have NEVER given Murray any stick.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree. But the question needs to be asked are El-Abd and Elphick the kind of defenders to take us forward? I'd suggest not. They're just about able to follow orders and play the ball on the ground but are clearly uncomfortable doing so. They're natural hoofers and should probably have been cleared out along with fellow-hoofer Virgo. These two are definitely the weakest links at the moment and if any team is ever smart enough to put their sideways-passing thing under pressure it'll end in tears PDQ.

Thats an unbelievable post.

We are 3 points clear at the top of the league, having conceded just 8 goals all season, Ankergren has barely had to get his gloves dirty, and yet our two centrebacks are "definitely the weakest links at the moment".

:facepalm:

Elf and (particularly) El Abd have been absolutley immense for us this season. Immense. We're not actually scoring many goals, so they are probably the biggest reason why we are top right now. Normally I largely agree with your analysis Tom, but I can only assume that post was following a serious session on the single malt.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think 95% of us are completely happy with our style of football. It's only the rest that are a bunch of ignorant wankers. I suspect every clubs fanbase has a similar number, with the obvious exception Croydon way

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
To be fair I think Tom Hark and Si 4 both have a point and all the teams above us in the league are pissing themselves laughing at our inept attempt to play the beautiful game.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I just love tha fact that we are trying, and often succeeding, to play quality football. I just hope we don't go tooooo far with it and try and walk the ball into the net like Arsenal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Actually, a question to all those "El-Abd, Elphick and Ankegren don't fill me with confidence people":

When was the last time we conceded a goal from them passing the ball about?
Eh eh EH EH EH?

They fill me with confidence because they evidently CAN do it.

They are far from comfortable doing it. Its like watching toddlers learning to walk frankly. You keep expecting the worst. By the time they (maybe) get comfortable doing it, Winter will have set in. The first time the ground is a bit sticky the sideways passes will be very high risk, as will the passes back to the keeper. The triangle will go tits up. Believe it.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I guess maybe it is so long since they have seen us playing a decent passing game that they don't know what they are looking at is good!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Winter. Boggy pitch. It can't possibly work then.

But we were playing in a similar way last season over the winter, its the way Poyet wants to play. And the pitches are not exactly sunday league are they

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Winter. Boggy pitch. It can't possibly work then.

You seem to be forgetting that Poyet took over last November. And by the turn of the year, we were stringing results together that (were it not for the appalling start under Slade) would have had us pushing for Playoffs.

It worked then after just a couple of months on the Gus Bus. Now he's been here nearly a year, sorted the wheat from the chaff and assembled a squad of players close to what he's looking for.

Boggy pitches ? Aside from the odd sandpit (a-la Colchester), you can assign them back to 1995.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
They are far from comfortable doing it. Its like watching toddlers learning to walk frankly. You keep expecting the worst. By the time they (maybe) get comfortable doing it, Winter will have set in. The first time the ground is a bit sticky the sideways passes will be very high risk, as will the passes back to the keeper. The triangle will go tits up. Believe it.

So how long will it be before you are convinced they are able to play this way? So far this season (11 games) we have been doing it sucessfully, the end of last season we were doing it sucessfully so at what point will you become convinced they are capable, or will it take a change in personal for you to be happy with the defenders playing this way?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I just long for the pre-Gus days when we were so great, playing risk-free hoofball - like this time last season, when I could reminisce over glorious defensive displays like, er, losing 7-1 to Huddersfield, followed by the 4-2 debacle vs Stockport (the worst team in Lge 1). Please remind me where we were after 11 games last season?

[Clue: In the bottom 4, with 10 points and 20 goals conceded]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here