Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moany wankers (2)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
save the moaning to end of the season we have got a long way to go and I belive we trying to play better football Lets get behind the team and see off this last season at Crap dean and start planning the party for next season at the Amex Stadium:amex::rave::sick::thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Excellent thread, this is where the 'moany wankers' ire needs to be directe, not Bozza's armchair fan fishing thread. I sit next to a bloke who thinks everything should go long and tends to provide a negative diatribe throughout the match... It's very annoying.

There is something about BHAFC that means we're 3 points clear at the top... Is it our direct style of play?

That person next to you has to be the most clueless, loud mouthed twat ever to set foot inside Withdean. I hope he is nowhere me at The Amex.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
But does it though? Bournemouth were quite happy for Elabd, Elphick and Ankergren to pass the ball between them, they really didn't make much effort to close them down, especially when it was nil-nil, they just tried to keep it tight in midfield and deny us space so Elf and Elabd had very few options to pass to most of the time.

I am certainly no advocate of route 1, and we play great football at times and hoofing the ball from the back is surely not the way anyone would seriously want us to play. However the passing game needs lots of movement from players in front of the central defenders and I didn't think Kish and Dicker made themselves available enough today so I can understand if some fans got a bit frustrated with the triangles between the goalie and centre backs that usually achieved nothing other than an eventual hoof from the keeper. Our 2 center backs have many good qualities, but picking that incisive pass or confidently bring the ball out of defence and opening the play up are not their strongest points, though they have improved a great deal under Gus.

I think that as the season goes on, we will see many teams giving Elf and Elabd lots of time on the ball, especially at home, as they can't do any damage to the opposition deep inside our own half, and the opposition can then flood midfield so there are few passing options available. The passing from the back was a bit too slow and predictable today and we need to get our better players on the ball more quickly, without resorting to route 1. Its the likes of Lua Lua, Bennett etc that hurt our opponents, not the keeper and centre backs.

You may or maybe not be right (I personally don't agree with you) BUT the most important thing is,
booing our managers choice is stupid, do the boo boys want to get rid of him?

Gus said post-match 'If any player listens to the crowd and ignores my instructions,
he will be dropped!'

This is the kind of manager that not only do we need, he will take us forward!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is the kind of manager that not only do we need, he will take us forward!

Agree. But the question needs to be asked are El-Abd and Elphick the kind of defenders to take us forward? I'd suggest not. They're just about able to follow orders and play the ball on the ground but are clearly uncomfortable doing so. They're natural hoofers and should probably have been cleared out along with fellow-hoofer Virgo. These two are definitely the weakest links at the moment and if any team is ever smart enough to put their sideways-passing thing under pressure it'll end in tears PDQ.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Poyet actually telling the stand to calm down was just plain embarrassing, why has the manager of the top of the league team got to justify a winning style of football to anyone. Some of our fans are just special

Not so much special, more special needs :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That person next to you has to be the most clueless, loud mouthed twat ever to set foot inside Withdean. I hope he is nowhere me at The Amex.

He also has taken to doing a continual commentary on the match now... Which is full of 'ooh, they're gonna f*** up', and 'don't give to to el abd' or elphick.

For reference i sit on the c/d border in row j... Just in front and to the east of mouth.

Against Brentford i had to tell him to shut the f*** up.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What a lot of you seem to miss though in your holier than thou, the moaners are wrong, we are right, attitude to footie is this: A lot of the time when they were passing it around between the three of them it is only because there are no other options. Kish or Dicker need to make themselves more available to take the ball off the defenders, I think it is evident at this point how much we miss Navarro. He would always make himself available. I'm more than happy for us to keep the ball, but the other players have to look a bit more interested in getting it from them. That's why a lot of people are frustrated.

I think you have a bit of a point, at least in relation to yesterday's game. Bournemouth packed the midfield and Dicker and Kish had to work really hard to create space. I actually thought Bridcutt should have come on a lot earlier - he seems able to find the space naturally, and was a revelation at Plymouth. We also pushed both fullbacks way up field whenever we had the ball, which also made it tricky for Elph and El Abd. However, that doesn't excuse the boo-boys.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I walked back to my car past an ignorant fucker shouting at his mate that it was the most negative Brighton team he had seen in his lifetime!!!!! Truly astonishing. Needless to say, he was a bit of a low intelligence type of gorilla bloke.

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Needless to say, he was a bit of a builder low intelligence type ...

Dont tell me, you are a nuclear scientist?!

Ever thought that perhaps you are the ignorant one with comments like that?

Suggest you wind your neck in a little Giraffe!

(BTW I'm not a builder).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

(BTW I'm not a builder).

Sorry forgot the fishing smilie!!:laugh::facepalm:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

(BTW I'm not a builder).

Spot on,what an ignorant twat you are Giraffe with comments like that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The problem is by no means unique to this club, a whole lot of football fans don't know much about the game.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think fans' expectations are unrealistic. I've been watching the Albion 35 years and for most of the time we've been a bit shit, sometimes very shit, and occasionally a delight to watch.

We now have a rich chairman underwriting the stadium, a sexy foreign manager, and therefore some expect us to be playing ole style one touch football, and running rings around the opposition, but our recent history (18th, 7th, 16th and 13th in League 1) suggests something different.

People have deluded themselves, it's understandable to an extent, we all want the same thing, but to boo the team that is top of the table shows that some are clueless as well as delusional. We have no divine right to beat teams, especially with a relatively modest budget.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Whether the team is doing well or not, or whatever style they are playing, in terms of general moaners, you're always going to get these types at footie matches. As has been said some people just seem to like it.

I remember having a heated exchange with someone on the East Terrace at the Goldstone. This guy moaned the whole time but when the Albion did well just kept quiet. The Albion had a decent attempt on goal and I clapped and this bloke said "you're easily pleased". I snapped back -"if you put as much f***ing effort into supporting the team as you do in f***ing moaning about them, then maybe, just maybe the team would do better!" He told me to piss off.

If the team is playing badly or, even worse, players aren't putting in 100%, then they should expect criticism. But some people are just negative and like to moan.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Our fans are, in the main, a bunch of utter twats.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I rather like these passing triangles at the back as it leads to getting the space however at some point we must expect a disastrous error.

Which is probably why they are moaning and wanting us to play it forward quickly, they are panicking that we will make a mistake passing it around as we do and that will lead to us conceeding - they need to have more faith in our players abilities. - It says a lot about their personalities.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Agree. But the question needs to be asked are El-Abd and Elphick the kind of defenders to take us forward? I'd suggest not. They're just about able to follow orders and play the ball on the ground but are clearly uncomfortable doing so. They're natural hoofers and should probably have been cleared out along with fellow-hoofer Virgo. These two are definitely the weakest links at the moment and if any team is ever smart enough to put their sideways-passing thing under pressure it'll end in tears PDQ.

Can you remind me exactly where are we in the table with these two playing??

I thought we were top, but if you feel that, then i must be wrong - so are we mid-table or near the relegation places??

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I saw us hoof it forward too much for the last few seasons. Usually the only thing that happens is the ball sometimes comes straight back to us, usually with interest; This is what Gus had to say:

Poyet also found it hard to accept the reaction of a small section of the crowd to his defenders' refusal to hoof the ball long. "If someone starts kicking [the ball long] because the fans shout, he's going to be out of the team," Poyet said. "If they want Brighton to change the style of play when we are at the top, they need another manager."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here