Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moany wankers (2)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I can't work it out. We are top of the league, so we must be doing something right.

Bottom line is, if we have the ball, the oppostion are not going to score. I'd much rather us knock it around, then lump the ball up to Murray to flick it on to a strike partner who is clearly not on his wavelength.

I think the main reason that a few of them moan all the time, is that they are clueless twats who have never played, and never understood the game:p

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
is this passing game going to get us through the season when pitches start getting heavy? or will gus change the system:bhasign:

Thought we played Route 1 for the first 20 minutes, and only then started to play flicky-flicky?

Interview on Sky said we are capable of playing a variety of ways.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm in D block, and some of the comments just have toi be heard to be believed.

"Get it FORWARD Albion. Nobody ever scored a goal by going backwards"
"Come on Albion, get the ball forward, we're not WINNING you know"
:facepalm:

Are they seriously yearning for the days when we'd launch it down the channels and scrap our way to a throw-in ? I am actually getting seriously f***ed off with these dickwads, and have started with the sarcasm back at them now when the moaning starts. "Yeah go on, don't pass it Adam, lump it...yay, FINALLY we've played it long.....come on, hump it down the line....give the ball away" etc.

A lot of the time it seems to be the old codgers who want it lumped. Suppose its what they're used to, and anything different just frightens them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm in D block, and some of the comments just have toi be heard to be believed.

"Get it FORWARD Albion. Nobody ever scored a goal by going backwards"
"Come on Albion, get the ball forward, we're not WINNING you know"
:facepalm:

Are they seriously yearning for the days when we'd launch it down the channels and scrap our way to a throw-in ? I am actually getting seriously f***ed off with these dickwads, and have started with the sarcasm back at them now when the moaning starts. "Yeah go on, don't pass it Adam, lump it...yay, FINALLY we've played it long.....come on, hump it down the line...." etc.

A lot of the time it seems to be the old codgers who want it lumped. Suppose its what they're used to, and anything different just frightens them.

I can believe that, many yearn back to the days of Virgo

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
My favourite is when the moaning happens start clapping the passes, gets right on some peoples tits. I was even asked why I was clapping the reply 'because we still have the ball'

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent thread, this is where the 'moany wankers' ire needs to be directe, not Bozza's armchair fan fishing thread. I sit next to a bloke who thinks everything should go long and tends to provide a negative diatribe throughout the match... It's very annoying.

There is something about BHAFC that means we're 3 points clear at the top... Is it our direct style of play?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
As a rule of thumb, those who go to football on a Saturday haven't played the game that much, otherwise they wouldn't be there but playing instead. Therefore you are always going to get a lot of dinlos who know nothing about the game, watching it. Just listen to some of the 20 somethings on here....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How many years did we have to sit through watching throw ins lobbed aimlessly up the fieldnwith the hope of securing another 15 feet ad finitum or kust bashing it in the general direction of a blue shirt? We are spoiled really if there are so many fans that can't appreciate the basic skill of retaining possession.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Why do people moan about them passing around at the back!? It draws out their midfield thus creating space for us. It is something we were not doing last season, and look at the difference

But does it though? Bournemouth were quite happy for Elabd, Elphick and Ankergren to pass the ball between them, they really didn't make much effort to close them down, especially when it was nil-nil, they just tried to keep it tight in midfield and deny us space so Elf and Elabd had very few options to pass to most of the time.

I am certainly no advocate of route 1, and we play great football at times and hoofing the ball from the back is surely not the way anyone would seriously want us to play. However the passing game needs lots of movement from players in front of the central defenders and I didn't think Kish and Dicker made themselves available enough today so I can understand if some fans got a bit frustrated with the triangles between the goalie and centre backs that usually achieved nothing other than an eventual hoof from the keeper. Our 2 center backs have many good qualities, but picking that incisive pass or confidently bring the ball out of defence and opening the play up are not their strongest points, though they have improved a great deal under Gus.

I think that as the season goes on, we will see many teams giving Elf and Elabd lots of time on the ball, especially at home, as they can't do any damage to the opposition deep inside our own half, and the opposition can then flood midfield so there are few passing options available. The passing from the back was a bit too slow and predictable today and we need to get our better players on the ball more quickly, without resorting to route 1. Its the likes of Lua Lua, Bennett etc that hurt our opponents, not the keeper and centre backs.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I think it's down to a general lack of sophistication among a large minority of british football fans.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My favourite is when the moaning happens start clapping the passes, gets right on some peoples tits. I was even asked why I was clapping the reply 'because we still have the ball'

Spot on. I started clapping El Abd when he was passing back and forth with Elphick, and shouted a few "well played Adam"s - got quite a few funny looks, though.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't mind us playing nice passing football, but at least half the time it gets passed around between Casper ElAbd and Elphick for two or three minutes and, because they're getting absolutely nowhere, Casper ends up hoofing it up the field anyway. May as well have done that in the first place.

And, with about a minute on the clock, we pass it around out on the left wing until the final whistle blows when what was needed was an immediate cross. Bloody frustrating.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
But does it though? Bournemouth were quite happy for Elabd, Elphick and Ankergren to pass the ball between them, they really didn't make much effort to close them down, especially when it was nil-nil, they just tried to keep it tight in midfield and deny us space so Elf and Elabd had very few options to pass to most of the time.

I am certainly no advocate of route 1, and we play great football at times and hoofing the ball from the back is surely not the way anyone would seriously want us to play. However the passing game needs lots of movement from players in front of the central defenders and I didn't think Kish and Dicker made themselves available enough today so I can understand if some fans got a bit frustrated with the triangles between the goalie and centre backs that usually achieved nothing other than an eventual hoof from the keeper. Our 2 center backs have many good qualities, but picking that incisive pass or confidently bring the ball out of defence and opening the play up are not their strongest points, though they have improved a great deal under Gus.

I think that as the season goes on, we will see many teams giving Elf and Elabd lots of time on the ball, especially at home, as they can't do any damage to the opposition deep inside our own half, and the opposition can then flood midfield so there are few passing options available. The passing from the back was a bit too slow and predictable today and we need to get our better players on the ball more quickly, without resorting to route 1. Its the likes of Lua Lua, Bennett etc that hurt our opponents, not the keeper and centre backs.

spot on post especially the bit about cb s bringing the ball out had they the confidence to do so we may have faired better today

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Spot on. I started clapping El Abd when he was passing back and forth with Elphick, and shouted a few "well played Adam"s - got quite a few funny looks, though.

But at some stage they have to pass the ball forward, it's all very well people saying that's how Spain/Arsenal etc play, but they have exceptional international players who can carry it off and we just have decent league 1 players.

If I was manager of a team playing against the Albion at Withers and I didn't want to lose, I would be happy for Elphick and El Abd have the ball as much as they want. I'm sure Bournemouths manager was more than happy with the way the game went, he stuck to his plan to deny us space in midfield, we had few clear cut chances and our goal only came when we got a softish free kick that admittedly, Lua Lua finished magnificently. The game could easily have finished 0-0, which is exactly what they were playing for.

I applaud the way we are trying to play, but the question is whether our players have enough quaility to carry it off as teams work out how we play.

Hang on a minute! We had a chance to secure all three points without worrying about a penalty that even Dirty Dion couldn't justify! Passing it around the back is fine but it also shows a lack of desire to to kill a game off. All to often you will see teams have a huge amount of possesion only to draw late in the game.

All told it was a good performance but we could have and should have turned that possesion to our advantage and walked with three points - much to the disgust of the spread betting officials.

I love the fact that last week NSC was hammering Barnes and we went top! The reality is those supporters are entitled to their opinions and probably only wanted to see us utilise our advantage and get some goals in! Where is the problem with that? Would you have turned down the extra two points if they had been correct and the team banged a few in? I doubt it!

OR is it a case of shouldn't really get on the players backs as we're doing good but I love a moan so will start a fight on NSC with other supporters?

FFS Solidarity people!

HCQ

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think it's down to a general lack of sophistication among a large minority of british football fans.

Certainly a vocal minority. They obviously didn't see Spain win the World Cup in the Summer.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
The fans today gave Poyet a clear message: We don't like football. Please don't pass the ball. We hate being top and winning games. We're so bored being unbeaten at home. In fact, we're a bunch of knob heads who like the long ball.

Jul 5, 2003
I thought it was interesting that they allowed Tommy to have as much time on the ball as he wanted when he was in he centre of the field. Unfortunately, at the moment, he is not as adept as the remainder of the defenders at the shorter pass and Bournemouth had done their homework on him. When Tommy shifted to the right side they immediately closed him down as his diagonal ball out to Kaz is usually very good and can open up any defence in our division. He is learning fast but this passing game is a completely new concept to most of our players (especially the English ones) and we have not perfected it yet by any means. However, as we get better at it, the goals will start coming. Barnes and Murray will get half a second more on the ball and their scoring ratio will improve.

I sit in Block C and hate it when people criticise Murray. He isn't scoring many goals at the moment but he works exceedingly hard and wears defences down. One day soon we will all click at the same time and Murray or Barnes will get a hat-trick. Next Saturday perhaps?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
What a lot of you seem to miss though in your holier than thou, the moaners are wrong, we are right, attitude to footie is this: A lot of the time when they were passing it around between the three of them it is only because there are no other options. Kish or Dicker need to make themselves more available to take the ball off the defenders, I think it is evident at this point how much we miss Navarro. He would always make himself available. I'm more than happy for us to keep the ball, but the other players have to look a bit more interested in getting it from them. That's why a lot of people are frustrated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here