Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moany wankers (2)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the penalty decision, there is a big proportion of complete morons in the South Stand who still pine for the hoofball days of Micky Adams. During the second half it became increasingly embarrassing listening to the baying idiots desperate for Elphick or El Abd to hoof the ball forward at every opportunity. Here we are playing the best football for a decade or more, top of the table and with a manager most clubs below the Premiership would die for, yet a good proportion of South Standers (at least those in E and F blocks) would rather see us lump the ball forwards in true "hit and hope" fashion. Let's hope Poyet sticks to his principles, and Elphick and El Abd don't get too rattled by the idiots in the South Stand.

At least when you go away most fans seem to appreciate what we're trying to do. I sincerely hope I can chose a seat at Falmer in the "non moaning" section, although on today's evidence that will be a very small area indeed.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Loads in C Block moan whenever our defence passes it round - failing to see that it not only gives our defence a break but also allows our team to move the opponents round and create space.

I think, we call them IDIOTS.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
You could hear those muppets on tv. As Gus said in his interview, our passing style has taken us to the top of the league, so why are some fans getting frustrated and wanting us to hoof it forward.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting point. I listened to last week's Albion Roar on my walk from t'pub to the Temple Meads earlier this afternoon after the game.

They passed comment on the same thing - impatient Albion fans giving it loads of "get rid" and the like.

What was also interesting was the comments they attributed to Brentford fans who, at half time, were able to hear the goings on from the Albion's dressing room. The gist seemed to be - "pass it, pass it, keep on passing it. You're better than them and passing it will pay in the end."

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Yeah there are some moany b*stards in B block who always have a go when we pass it around at the back. Do these people not watch every single Premier league team doing the same? You either hoof it forward or you play it around and wait for space to open up to go forward. Simple! I wish these whinging idiots would crawl back into the woodwork.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There are people near me who I honestly think get some peverse pleasure out of being moany moonpigs. Some in particular almost shake with excitement if one of their disliked players messes up.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There are people near me who I honestly think get some peverse pleasure out of being moany moonpigs. Some in particular almost shake with excitement if one of their disliked players messes up.

I can judge how skilful a player is by the amount of stick he gets from the guy in front of me. He thought Zamora and CKR were lazy, and has spent most of the past two years moaning at Murray. His son is sometimes worse, and he actually left at Half Time today, believe it or not.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There was no moaning in H or J blocks. Just a great atmosphere and appreciating being top of the league with some good songs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I rather like these passing triangles at the back as it leads to getting the space however at some point we must expect a disastrous error.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poyet actually telling the stand to calm down was just plain embarrassing, why has the manager of the top of the league team got to justify a winning style of football to anyone. Some of our fans are just special

MillitantSeagull

Jul 10, 2010
Brighton
Same thing in G block. I'm all fair game for this passing game we play, but the problem is that when we do play it the midfield and the strikers aren't moving around enough and creating space for the defenders to pass to them.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
is this passing game going to get us through the season when pitches start getting heavy? or will gus change the system:bhasign:

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Well said!! I feel like the minority in C block actually happy that we can keep possesion!!! Its great that we have a back four that are that comfortable on the ball!

How anyone can moan and whine about it when it is obviously working is beyond me, I rekon I must be missing something?

Oct 17, 2003
Hove, East Sussex
E block was full of them today!! Also always saying get it forward all the time. Very annoying and makes you realise how much some people don't know about football.

Starting to get on my nerves and can't wait to move away from them at Falmer

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Why do people moan about them passing around at the back!? It draws out their midfield thus creating space for us. It is something we were not doing last season, and look at the difference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here