Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Farah - Not in top 3 - Are we still fundamentally a racist nation

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mixed race.

I think the OP make a point worth discussing. Black contestants (not mixed race) don't get very far in UK phone votes. That's a fact.

Alexandra Burke? (X factor)
Colin Jackson? (Strictly)
Alesha Dixon? (Strictly)
Diversity? (BGT)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To have a healthy debate, the originator has to come up with a coherent, well thought-out argument with credible evidence to back your original point in order for a counterpoint to be made.

I think you've now confused him.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think the OP make a point worth discussing

There is something to discuss, one would question why Jess Ennis got 3x as many votes as Mo - Can't be down to sport alone. Don't think for a minute that it's down to racism though.....

That said, can't see the average Daily Mail reader voting for an immigrant.....

D

Deleted member 22389

This country is going absolutely mad. On the phone to BT they asked me If I was happy with them addressing me by my first name. What's this all about then? Is this now common practice? Is it because some people might be offended by it? What a load of b****x

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dixon is mixed race. And so are most of Diversity.

Jackson crashed out early, despite being really good. Funny that...

I think the OP is thinking more along the lines of "really black", like Linford Christie (1993 winner), or maybe black with really fuzzy hair like Daley Thompson (1982 winner).

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Oh i didnt know you could vote for Mo Farah - i assumed he was in it for a quota or would have a seperate blacks only phone line. FFS Murray - i am proud to live in in this country where the vast majority of people hold balanced liberal views and we let people hold unbalanced right wing views. I think its really sad that people look to divide and create hostility and prejucdice concerning the outstanding sporting year we have had. I think the OP needs to look at himself - you stare into the void and the void start staring back.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I think the OP is thinking more along the lines of "really black", like Linford Christie (1993 winner), or maybe black with really fuzzy hair like Daley Thompson (1982 winner).

Ha. They're are certainly some black stars which the mass British public takes to heart (Lenny Henry/New Faces).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ha. They're are certainly some black stars which the mass British public takes to heart (Lenny Henry/New Faces).

There are. And Mo Farah is one of them. They just ranked Wiggins', Ennis' and Murray's achievements in 2012 a little bit higher. This is such a ridiculous shit thread.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wallyback, you're like a young Bob Nudd. I'm nominating you for SPOTY 2013 as "Angler Of The Year".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and who is odds on to win Strictly Come Dancing 2012? That'll be Louis Smith (black).

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No - he's not black enough. All us inherent racists only discriminate against REALLY dark types.
Yeah, and I'm not sure Daley Thompson is really that black; we're quite happy with them coffee-coloureds that have got a dash of honkey in them

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Well the thread got the replies I thought it would.
For 2013 nothing would be better than Andy Murray winning Wimbledon. But he is not Mr popular in the Uk. Yet he finished 3rd.
If you travel around the UK attitudes are different from Brighton.
Or is it just foreign footballers and some football supporters that are racist in the UK?
As I said before I think it is a subtle thing. Not rampant racism.

You are looking for racism where there isn't any.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here