Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Farah - Not in top 3 - Are we still fundamentally a racist nation

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Is there some kind of Dulux colour chart we can use to determine how racist we are?

Here you go:

reset.jpg

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Ok so may I have made a dogs dinner of this.

However, to try and put my point simply.

Obviously black athletes have won the award before. But those have generally been so overwhelming the guy/girl were bound to win.

If we had a 2 main candidates for the award one black just slightly better than a white/mixed raced sports person. Who do you think would win?

In a close competition. Like this year. I believe race had an effect.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
He came 4th so obviously not...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ok so may I have made a dogs dinner of this.

However, to try and put my point simply.

Obviously black athletes have won the award before. But those have generally been so overwhelming the guy/girl were bound to win.

If we had a 2 main candidates for the award one black just slightly better than a white/mixed raced sports person. Who do you think would win?

You are such a complete idiot. Have you got a sign on your forehead saying "Twat me!"

Is there racism in this country? Yes. Is there sexism? Yes. Does race and gender affect the way that people behave towards one another? Yes it can. Does it happen in the UK. Yes it does.

Does any of that mean that SPOTY displayed racism? No. Was it on display last night? No. Is this country rife with racism? No. Were the vast majority of people voting last night being sub-consciously led by race? No. Were the vast majority of people voting last night being consciously led by race? No.

Last nights result was predicated on the genuine achievements of those involved and nothing more.

If you want to start a thread on racism in the UK then choose a decent place to start one. You've chosen the wrong subject matter.

Here's some broader topics to get you going...

Why are black people more likely to face stop and search?

Why are the boardrooms of the UK not reflective of the ethnic and gender make up of the UK?

Now stop being a tit about all this.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Despite all the evidence from black winners of previous years, Jessica Ennis, the selection by popular vote of Ali as athlete of the 20th century you still manage to see racism. A job as diversity officer for some loony council beckons.
Unfortunately for all of us, probably already is one!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Last nights result was predicated on the genuine achievements of those involved and nothing more.

You have no way of knowing that for sure. It was a public vote - and you can't be inside everyone's head.

Bradley's comedy interview at the beginning of the show probably won him a huge number of extra votes.

Mo not winning doesn't make Britain racist. But his vote was lower than you'd expect, and there are reasons behind that.

I think that one of those reasons is possibly that he is black. I really doubt middle-England would have voted for him. Sad, but true.

Another reason is that he was born in Africa. Others would have got more local support - eg Murray (Scotland) and Ennis (big city of Sheffield).

Anyway...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You have no way of knowing that for sure. It was a public vote - and you can't be inside everyone's head.

Bradley's comedy interview at the beginning of the show probably won him a huge number of extra votes.

Mo not winning doesn't make Britain racist. But his vote was lower than you'd expect, and there are reasons behind that.

I think that one of those reasons is possibly that he is black. I really doubt middle-England would have voted for him. Sad, but true.

Another reason is that he was born in Africa. Others would have got more local support - eg Murray (Scotland) and Ennis (big city of Sheffield).

Anyway...

Don't be so stupid. Don't insult your own intelligence.

Perhaps Mo should have learned to tell a good gag then.

Your thinking is crooked. There's just no reasoned judgement In what you are saying. It was a public vote, but you have no evidence of racism. There is plenty of evidence of many people from many cultures and ethnic backgrounds winning competitions voted for by the public.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And Mo is from London. He talks about London being his home town.

Wiggins was born in Belgium.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Anyway...

No, his vote was lower than you'd expect! You have no way of knowing that for sure!

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Certainly looks that way :-(
Mo was not in the top 3 because he said he thought he would win it. That killed his chance and would have been the same what ever colour the skin was. Not the British way to brag! Anyway, Bradley deserved to win.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone who comes up with that shit Mobot thing should never win anything, should have had his medals taken off him for that utter shitness.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think most people expected him to come in the top 3?

continuing your argument....

You think most people expected him to be top 3.

Personally he wasn't in my predicted top 3.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

still going are you? i think the one that was most popular would win. or are you saying the years Thompson, Lewis, Holmes etc won that there were no white candidates for the award?

it wasnt "close", it was a strong field. Wiggins and Murray would have made it to top two without Olympics, and its hardy a surprise that the poster girl for atheltics would be in the mix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here