Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons Fans on Wright leaving

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I read comments on there, regarding NSC comments about poor attendances for a team with a nice stadium and doing well in the league. One chap said that we could only dream of attendances of their level. :rolleyes: I guess if he was young then he could be forgiven for thinking that we have always had crowds of 5,000 or so.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I read comments on there, regarding NSC comments about poor attendances for a team with a nice stadium and doing well in the league. One chap said that we could only dream of attendances of their level. :rolleyes: I guess if he was young then he could be forgiven for thinking that we have always had crowds of 5,000 or so.

They could only dream of a history to be fair.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I wonder how many MKDons fans realise that they run a close second behind Leeds as the most reviled team in this league ?

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I wonder how many MKDons fans realize that they run a close second behind Leeds as the most reviled team in this league ?

Ah but you see Leeds aren't in the same league as Spurs or Fulham, who they all seem to support :clap2:

bit harsh on DDD me thinks

you can never be too harsh to an MK Franchise fan

They lose any respect from the majority of football fans by supporting that fake ass club. Having seen AFCW at Worthing, great bunch of fans keeping the wombles alive!!

AFCW!!! FTMK

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
4 years ago i surported wimbledon.

Look at you jelous fucks. Francise? do we give a f***? 30,000 seater stadium, a club that is on the up with a future. You wish you had that.

Anyway, maybe the step down will do wrighty some good.

What a crock of sh!t! You would be supporting AFC now.

1983 we were playing Man Utd at Wembley. 1983 you were supporting the team we played against...admit it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
After reading this thread it seems quite obvious that the MK Dons fans are seriously pissed off with the fact that one of their players that had been offered a new contract by them has decided to come to a bigger & better club.

I thought he signed for Brighton?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
After reading this thread it seems quite obvious that the MK Dons fans are seriously pissed off with the fact that one of their players that had been offered a new contract by them has decided to come to a bigger & better club.

Or just "a club" let's face it.

If you gave something that plastic away free with a Big Mac most kids would be disappointed.

Keeping with the sense of realism, I see they've released an MK Dons computer game. Here's a sneak preview:

pele%27s_championship_soccer.png

Last edited:

mkdon

Jun 20, 2009
mmm sour grapes i hope

sorry to say lads and lassies, this is not sour grapes, imo he is a league 2 player,and he was good L2, not been to good in L1,and last season he was Sh*t, but he can score a goal or two.
Could be a new challenge is what he wants.

Good luck 4 the new season.

:yahoo:Come on you dons:yahoo:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sorry to say lads and lassies, this is not sour grapes, imo he is a league 2 player,and he was good L2, not been to good in L1,and last season he was Sh*t, but he can score a goal or two.

In fairness that is not an inaccurate assessment....the question is can RS persuade/encourage him to produce his best form more consistently?
I suspect Paul Ince played Wright in a slightly different role to de Matteo and got the best from him. Can RS do the same? Based on what we saw of his man management skills and what seems to be a pretty astute judgement of individual and collective abilities and tactics, I think he can :albion2:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

Good luck 4 the new season.

:yahoo:Come on you dons:yahoo:

So why did Roberto Di Matteo, widely regarded as one of the best up and coming managers in the Football League, feel he was good enough to play in the vast majority of games last year in a play-off pushing League One side, without buying a replacement or getting an emergency loan? Surely someone that was so 'shit' would have been out of the team straight away?

Also why did Russel Slade, a footballing genius, feel he was good enough for another (hopefully) promotion pushing team this year.

I'm more inclined to side with their opinions rather than a few MK Dons fans.

mkdon

Jun 20, 2009
So why did Roberto Di Matteo, widely regarded as one of the best up and coming managers in the Football League, feel he was good enough to play in the vast majority of games last year in a play-off pushing League One side, without buying a replacement or getting an emergency loan? Surely someone that was so 'shit' would have been out of the team straight away?

Also why did Russel Slade, a footballing genius, feel he was good enough for another (hopefully) promotion pushing team this year.

I'm more inclined to side with their opinions rather than a few MK Dons fans.

Dont get me wrong i like Wrighty, he just didnt perform in L1 When he came to the dons,in L2 he ran at players and ran and beat players no problem at all.
Then when we went up, he was a no show in most of the game he played in.
As for Di Matteo, :tosser:.

Russel Slade He,s a manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here