Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed out on a Premier striker ... to Palace.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Gardner, when fit, could play for any bottom half prem team and not look out of place. Maybe not McShane.

I agree about Wilbs.

It is very Meh.

He will be great, cheap cover for Murray. He will do a job according to the Norwich fans online who rate him very highly.

Gardner played about half our games last season because he was hardly ever fit. His HAMSTRING CAME OFF THE BONE COMPLETELY towards the end of last season ffs.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I think you need to read what I said again. 2010-2011 was not last season, clever cloggs.

McShane replaced by "yet another loan signing"? He WAS A LOAN SIGNING HIMSELF you pleb, the only one we've got at the moment!

£7k a week is not our wage cap. Anyone with any info whatsoever as to the contracts that Zaha/Ambrose/Clyne (was offered)/Jedinak/Parr have will know that not all of them would accept £7k. These are players with a lot of international experience/experience in the Premiership/have rejected Premiership offers, why would they sign for £7K a week? How could we have made Clyne our "best paid player" if they were all on the same money?

I think you need to read what I said again. 2010-2011 was not last season, clever cloggs. - But you said he wasn't a stirker, when in fact about 40% of his games have been as a striker. As Dougie has said, Scannell was miss managed by every manager before freedman, hence why he plays out on the wing to get experience.

McShane replaced by "yet another loan signing"? He WAS A LOAN SIGNING HIMSELF you pleb, the only one we've got at the moment! - I know McShane was a loan signing. I never said he wasn't. Last season we had, Martin, MsShane, Ramage, Davies, Dumbaya, Egan and some LB from Man City.

£7k a week is not our wage cap. Anyone with any info whatsoever as to the contracts that Zaha/Ambrose/Clyne (was offered)/Jedinak/Parr have will know that not all of them would accept £7k. These are players with a lot of international experience/experience in the Premiership/have rejected Premiership offers, why would they sign for £7K a week? How could we have made Clyne our "best paid player" if they were all on the same money? - I know for a fact that Ambrose is our highest paid player on 7k a week.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
AHAHAHA £1m transfer budget? Have you not been listening (again) to CPFC2010, who have said that they are investing £10m in the playing staff over the next two years while they still can? - Sorry where did you hear that? 100% Bull.

If Zaha, Ambrose, Williams, Ward AND Speroni are all Premiership quality - but you think we'll still finish in 12th and that will be a "successful season" - how poorly do you rate the other 6 players in our XI? They must be some of the worst players in the Championship by your standards. - Add Parr to that list BTW. Leicester had a very good squad last season and what happened to them?

Although, obviously, Parr got our POTY award, Jedinak was a contender despite playing half a season, Murray is very highly rated by Weeds like yourself and McCarthy has been consistently part of some of the best defenses in the league for many years now. - McCarthy is poor. Ask any Palace fan.

You are MENTAL. :lol: - Ironic.

At the CPFC Fans Forum. You wouldn't know, as you aren't a CPFC fan.

Oh, I see. So you think that because we have clearly got a good squad we will do what Leicester did? I would imagine they would be gutted with how last season went, not seeing it as a "successful season"...

McCarthy, as I said, has been a starting CB for the last few years for Palace. During his time here, we have consistently had one of the tightest defenses in the division most years. Clearly he is a good CB, and more than good enough for a top 8 team like ourselves.

Assuming we don't buy ANYONE (of course, this is ridiculous, we've got two or three more players to come in at least) we could expect to finish 12th. And it wouldn't be a very successful season.

To be brutally honest, if we finish 12th next season with a squad containing both Zaha and Williams, we will be the biggest let-down in the division. They are two of the finest young players in the country and deserve to be winning games every week. If we genuinely can't offer that (I think we will be able to) we don't deserve to have such a wonderful academy.

I see our last big academy product (Victor Moses) is currently trying to complete a £10m switch to Chelsea? How wonderful. We will able to add around £1m to our transfer budget with that deal, as we have a 10% sell on fee.

I can't wait for next season :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I think you need to read what I said again. 2010-2011 was not last season, clever cloggs. - But you said he wasn't a stirker, when in fact about 40% of his games have been as a striker. As Dougie has said, Scannell was miss managed by every manager before freedman, hence why he plays out on the wing to get experience.

McShane replaced by "yet another loan signing"? He WAS A LOAN SIGNING HIMSELF you pleb, the only one we've got at the moment! - I know McShane was a loan signing. I never said he wasn't. Last season we had, Martin, MsShane, Ramage, Davies, Dumbaya, Egan and some LB from Man City.

£7k a week is not our wage cap. Anyone with any info whatsoever as to the contracts that Zaha/Ambrose/Clyne (was offered)/Jedinak/Parr have will know that not all of them would accept £7k. These are players with a lot of international experience/experience in the Premiership/have rejected Premiership offers, why would they sign for £7K a week? How could we have made Clyne our "best paid player" if they were all on the same money? - I know for a fact that Ambrose is our highest paid player on 7k a week.

You know for a fact? OOOOOH - do tell. How you know for a fact?

Are you Darren Ambrose? I want to know how you scored that goal!

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
He will be great, cheap cover for Murray. He will do a job according to the Norwich fans online who rate him very highly.

Gardner played about half our games last season because he was hardly ever fit. His HAMSTRING CAME OFF THE BONE COMPLETELY towards the end of last season ffs.

Your point? He when fit can play for a bottom half prem team. He was fit plenty of times. Look how many games he played.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
At the CPFC Fans Forum. You wouldn't know, as you aren't a CPFC fan.

Oh, I see. So you think that because we have clearly got a good squad we will do what Leicester did? I would imagine they would be gutted with how last season went, not seeing it as a "successful season"...

McCarthy, as I said, has been a starting CB for the last few years for Palace. During his time here, we have consistently had one of the tightest defenses in the division most years. Clearly he is a good CB, and more than good enough for a top 8 team like ourselves.

Assuming we don't buy ANYONE (of course, this is ridiculous, we've got two or three more players to come in at least) we could expect to finish 12th. And it wouldn't be a very successful season.

To be brutally honest, if we finish 12th next season with a squad containing both Zaha and Williams, we will be the biggest let-down in the division. They are two of the finest young players in the country and deserve to be winning games every week. If we genuinely can't offer that (I think we will be able to) we don't deserve to have such a wonderful academy.

I see our last big academy product (Victor Moses) is currently trying to complete a £10m switch to Chelsea? How wonderful. We will able to add around £1m to our transfer budget with that deal, as we have a 10% sell on fee.

"At the CPFC Fans Forum. You wouldn't know, as you aren't a CPFC fan." - I went to the fans forum. As i did the season before. He never said that.

"Oh, I see. So you think that because we have clearly got a good squad we will do what Leicester did? I would imagine they would be gutted with how last season went, not seeing it as a "successful season"..." - No im just using Leicester as an example of what can happen even if you have a squad full of good players.

"McCarthy, as I said, has been a starting CB for the last few years for Palace. During his time here, we have consistently had one of the tightest defenses in the division most years. Clearly he is a good CB, and more than good enough for a top 8 team like ourselves." - Top 8 team? Hull, Birmingham, Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn, Cardiff, Blackpool, Leicester all bigger and stronger clubs. We are not top 8.

"Assuming we don't buy ANYONE (of course, this is ridiculous, we've got two or three more players to come in at least) we could expect to finish 12th. And it wouldn't be a very successful season." - I would expect us to sign 4 more players.

"To be brutally honest, if we finish 12th next season with a squad containing both Zaha and Williams, we will be the biggest let-down in the division. They are two of the finest young players in the country and deserve to be winning games every week. If we genuinely can't offer that (I think we will be able to) we don't deserve to have such a wonderful academy." - Building slowly is the key. Not rushing it with a squad that will get relegated from the prem with 13 points.

"I see our last big academy product (Victor Moses) is currently trying to complete a £10m switch to Chelsea? How wonderful. We will able to add around £1m to our transfer budget with that deal, as we have a 10% sell on fee." - Good news.

"I can't wait for next season :)" - So am i, just don't expect us to be challenging.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Why not ? He just does not see things through blue and white specs. He is capable if independent thought. I should take a few tips.

Oh, but you called him a twat. Are you sure it is him ?
Blue and white specs ? Red and blue surely .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

I can't wait for next season :)[/QUOTE]
All goes in the coffers to get the striker we yearn for !

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

All goes in the coffers to get the striker we yearn for !

I wouldn't be so sure on that

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Back on topic , would you agree that he would make a good back up striker at this level ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here