Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed out on a Premier striker ... to Palace.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That's the way to go , plenty of value to be had . Just keep spending Tony's billions till he cashes in his chips .

£2.5 for CMS, not £3.5.

Wilbraham has 5 goals in the last 2 years despite playing in league one for some of that. That's usually the sort of player teams let go, one that's not going to attract much interest for a fee or isn't worth the wages. I expect you're paying him a fair bit, for what? He's worse than Murray, Zaha, Easter and Martin. Waste of wages IMO.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
£2.5 for CMS, not £3.5.

Wilbraham has 5 goals in the last 2 years despite playing in league one for some of that. That's usually the sort of player teams let go, one that's not going to attract much interest for a fee or isn't worth the wages. I expect you're paying him a fair bit, for what? He's worse than Murray, Zaha, Easter and Martin. Waste of wages IMO.

don't bee so cruel, give [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] his moment in the sun.

The fact that Palace got someone with a heartbeat and a pair of footie boots to sign for their shower is a big deal, even if they can't hit a barn door.

They haven't got the luxury of waiting for top signings, they have to take whatever freebie duds they can.

Freedman, like a monopoly player with virtually no money left is just happy to have added the Old Kent Road in his portfolio. The £2 rental return may not be in the same league as the awesome Vicente Park lane with a 5* Hotel on it, but beggars can't be choosers

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
£2.5 for CMS, not £3.5.

I normally go with what rival fans say about ex players, on the whole the Norwich fans are very generous in their praise for him.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
For someone who's lucky to know a little bit of info you seem to know a lot about transfer targets, budgets and most things palace related .

Of course Wilbs wont be our main striker. Neither will Murray. Which is why i dont understand the Wilbs deal. Murray might be off, although i hope not.

I can see us loaning a stirker (hopefully not Martin) who will be our main striker.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Of course Wilbs wont be our main striker. Neither will Murray. Which is why i dont understand the Wilbs deal. Murray might be off, although i hope not.

I can see us loaning a stirker (hopefully not Martin) who will be our main striker.
At least you'll get a transfer fee.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
You are f***ing nuts. :tosser: :facepalm:

200k for Murray when he hasn't even been given a proper chance?

Sorry, what does not being given a chance go to do with his price tag? If Palace want him off the books (which i doubt they will) then 200k and 5.5k a week off the books is a good deal for someone not proven in this league.

I think he could become a very good championship striker.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry, what does not being given a chance go to do with his price tag? If Palace want him off the books (which i doubt they will) then 200k and 5.5k a week off the books is a good deal for someone not proven in this league.

I think he could become a very good championship striker.

He's 28. There's not a lot of time left for him to 'become' anything that he isn't already.

(and yes - the same could be said of CMS).

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
He's 28. There's not a lot of time left for him to 'become' anything that he isn't already.

(and yes - the same could be said of CMS).

If he is played in a 4-4-2, then he is a 15+ goal a season striker. Freedman doesn't play 4-4-2. If played correctly he can become a decent championship striker.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The Palace forums must be dire if they have to come on here to argue :shrug:

The away end is dire I'll give you that . Don't take white n blue too seriously , I don't , he keeps on saying they instead of we ,Schoolboy errors really . Still it keeps him amused.:facepalm:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
The away end is dire I'll give you that . Don't take white n blue too seriously , I don't , he keeps on saying they instead of we ,Schoolboy errors really . Still it keeps him amused.:facepalm:

Read back through all my posts if you must. I'm a Palace fan.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Read back through all my posts if you must. I'm a Palace fan.

I'd rather not , to carry on this charade you need to be clever and you obviously aren't :amex:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I'd rather not , to carry on this charade you need to be clever and you obviously aren't :amex:

I wonder why you would rather not. I wonder if it's because you don't like being proved wrong, or is it because you don't know how to ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why would they go bust, they are financially secure.

From the horses mouth (via BBS) :- You don't have to estimate it, Steve P ran through the figures at the fans' forum. We (the owners) had to put in £4m last season to balance the books and without the cup run it would have been even worse than that. I think that we are "having a go at it" now. We have an excellent manager and are close to having a very good team indeed,

They must be rolling in it :lolol:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
From the horses mouth (via BBS) :- You don't have to estimate it, Steve P ran through the figures at the fans' forum. We (the owners) had to put in £4m last season to balance the books and without the cup run it would have been even worse than that. I think that we are "having a go at it" now. We have an excellent manager and are close to having a very good team indeed,

They must be rolling in it :lolol:

To be fair, thats what Tony and others did for us thoughout the Withdean years. (As you well know!)

Still doesn't take away the fact the Craptal Palarse are a bunch of twats though.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be fair, thats what Tony and others did for us thoughout the Withdean years. (As you well know!)

Still doesn't take away the fact the Craptal Palarse are a bunch of twats though.
Fair comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here