Would you Boo?

• Yes

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 299 89.8%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've noticed posts with spaces before the comma, but never really connected them with any particular individuals - and had no idea they were an indication of political persuasion!

Never knowingly logged on at the same time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Only bothered to read a few pages of this thread. God it’s so boring. Same sanctimonious pricks and antagonists who appear everytime. Wishing you covid this Christmas...

Whatever your feelings on race, Millwall or, indeed, Crodo's choice of lady in the "famous supporter" threads this is a totally inappropriate way to react. This sort of sentiment is not welcome on NSC.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Before the BLM movement was hijacked they were standing for what BLM originally stood for, which was a stand against racism.

Now the movement has been politicised to a greater extent players are still taking a knee for those original reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, many of us could see through ‘BLM’ long before it’s heightened media attention when the players started taking the knee for them.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
No, many of us could see through ‘BLM’ long before it’s heightened media attention when the players started taking the knee for them.

Hilarious. Funny how you never saw through Tommy! Still chucking him a few quid for him to put stuff up his nose?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

So, do you believe racism should not be opposed?
If you think it should be, how would you like to see it?
Question is not solely for yourself I would like to hear from all that appear to oppose it. As far as I can tell, racism hadn't disappeared.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
No one truly wants to genuinely defund the Police.

They want part of the funding to be used to re-educate them that they were formed to be " Guardians of the People " instead of being " Oppressors of the People "

That re-education will be costly because there is an indoctrination within all Police Forces all over the World that they are Rulers of the People instead of Keepers of the people and that needs to be addressed.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...posed-1b-cut-defunding-police-means-defunding

Ocasio-Cortez dismisses proposed $1B cut: 'Defunding police means defunding police'

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said New York City’s proposed $1 billion cut from the police department budget tiptoes around demands from activists who are asking for a reduced police presence.

Though the plan proposed by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) cuts one-sixth of the New York Police Department (NYPD) budget, activists note that much of it would be transferred to other city departments, including the Department of Education, where it could pay for police in schools. Activists have advocated for removing officers from schools altogether.

“Defunding police means defunding police,” the congresswoman said in a statement. “It does not mean budget tricks or funny math. It does not mean moving school police officers from the NYPD budget to the Department of Education’s budget so the exact same police remain in schools.”

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
No one truly wants to genuinely defund the Police.

They want part of the funding to be used to re-educate them that they were formed to be " Guardians of the People " instead of being " Oppressors of the People "

That re-education will be costly because there is an indoctrination within all Police Forces all ovelr the World that they are Rulers of the People instead of Keepers of the people and that needs to be addressed.

In Britain at least I have noticed that those who take this view are first to call for help from the police when things go wrong for them.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
So, do you believe racism should not be opposed?
If you think it should be, how would you like to see it?
Question is not solely for yourself I would like to hear from all that appear to oppose it. As far as I can tell, racism hadn't disappeared.

There is a difference between opposing racism and opposing BLM. Of course racism should be opposed and called out in all of its many forms.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...posed-1b-cut-defunding-police-means-defunding

Ocasio-Cortez dismisses proposed $1B cut: 'Defunding police means defunding police'

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said New York City’s proposed $1 billion cut from the police department budget tiptoes around demands from activists who are asking for a reduced police presence.

Though the plan proposed by New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) cuts one-sixth of the New York Police Department (NYPD) budget, activists note that much of it would be transferred to other city departments, including the Department of Education, where it could pay for police in schools. Activists have advocated for removing officers from schools altogether.

“Defunding police means defunding police,” the congresswoman said in a statement. “It does not mean budget tricks or funny math. It does not mean moving school police officers from the NYPD budget to the Department of Education’s budget so the exact same police remain in schools.”

US policing policy and funding is entirely removed from UK. they have problems there that dont translate across the Atlantic.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
There is a difference between opposing racism and opposing BLM. Of course racism should be opposed and called out in all of its many forms.

BUT every time it is opposed, people seem to go out of their way to oppose the opposition. This case of booing for example. They take the knee for less than 10 seconds. That's no reason to oppose it, so clearly its for other reasons. Black people see racism Al the time
White people of a certain persuasion seem to resent it.
What should people do to oppose racism?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The gripe here seems to be that rather than reallocating resources, they're funding law enforcement by stealth. I don't believe AOC is calling for the police to be abolished but for a move away from the boys in blue being the first responders in all situations. That's the mainstream Defund the Police position anyway, as far as I know. There are some that have a long term goal to do away with them altogether but most advocates are simply calling for more to spent on housing, education, mental health etc. Doesn't seem too controversial to me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In Britain at least I have noticed that those who take this view are first to call for help from the police when things go wrong for them.

And I've noticed that Millwall fans are normally pretty keen to attack the "old bill".......

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And I've noticed that Millwall fans are normally pretty keen to attack the "old bill".......

Right wing groups seem to do often. Burn a flag (probably made in Taiwan) creates rage. Attack the police and it creates whataboutery about flags and statues.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hilarious. Funny how you never saw through Tommy! Still chucking him a few quid for him to put stuff up his nose?

Oh remember the outrage when it was suggested the Football Lads marches might have other connotations. Blimey you couldn’t move for fairies throwing their toys out their prams

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How refreshing to see Spurs fans applauding when the players took the knee a few minutes ago. I hope Albion fans do the same tomorrow.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Was bad enough that he played for that lot, now clearly a MARXIST!!

'Clinton Morrison

Former Crystal Palace striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

Brilliant from the Tottenham fans [who clapped while the players took a knee]. They could have just sat there and supported but they applauded and got behind it. Brilliant.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here