Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Ward blog in the Indepenent

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you are perfect then so be it.

Remember, we had someone on the phone in who was 100% Albion, passionate, knowledgeable, from the terraces, and it was NSC wot got him the sack.........so be careful what you wish for.

And I'm not wishing for anything, I've not mentioned the crappy phone-in. I very rarely listen to it, and do not really care for it. I've only said the book is shit.

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex
Mike Ward will be the BBC Sussex Cricket correspondent next. He already has his new Twitter account created for his Cricket learning experience.

Whatever next, crown green bowls? Of course not, there is not enough media exposure for that sport.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He has a fair point - some of the abuse he gets on here is ridiculous and totally unjustified.

Revisionism is a wonderful thing. People make out that when Ian was doing it, it was the bee's knees. When the fact was that we had Neil Kane phoning every week and recording his oh so hilarious controversial comments. Or Hugo rambling on about all things misogynistic. Or Timmy carrying on his oh so hilarious troll persona on a different medium. Or old dears being patronised. Or young kids being patronised.

It seems to me that there is no real place for a phone in of this kind in the world of NSC, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs etc. I seem to remember that when accusations like mine above were made, the response was that they were pretty much the only calls and if you want to change it, blah blah. It was dying on its arse before Ian left and continues its slow demise. At 5:00, large numbers are driving home, some of the intelligent (and less so) contributors are saving their thoughts for NSC/their blog/the pub and others have just turned off the format. Which leaves people who weren't at the game and badly read texts to fill the time. If only Gus could set a firm time for his interview then I could avoid the odd bits I do listen to occasionally.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Revisionism is a wonderful thing. People make out that when Ian was doing it, it was the bee's knees. When the fact was that we had Neil Kane phoning every week and recording his oh so hilarious controversial comments. Or Hugo rambling on about all things misogynistic. Or Timmy carrying on his oh so hilarious troll persona on a different medium. Or old dears being patronised. Or young kids being patronised.

It seems to me that there is no real place for a phone in of this kind in the world of NSC, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs etc. I seem to remember that when accusations like mine above were made, the response was that they were pretty much the only calls and if you want to change it, blah blah. It was dying on its arse before Ian left and continues its slow demise. At 5:00, large numbers are driving home, some of the intelligent (and less so) contributors are saving their thoughts for NSC/their blog/the pub and others have just turned off the format. Which leaves people who weren't at the game and badly read texts to fill the time. If only Gus could set a firm time for his interview then I could avoid the odd bits I do listen to occasionally.

TGC in anti Ian Hart post shocker

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
WW in missing the point and not reading properly shocker. Nothing in the post above (apart maybe from the "patronising" bit but that goes on with virtually all presenters and young kids or old duffers so was not a personal sleight) was about Ian. If you read it properly, it is completely about the format failing.

You want to ignore WW to be honest. His sanctimoneous comment on unjustified criticism above is absolutely priceless.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
That much I know but I am aware that I have had spats with Ian in the past so it was a good chance to make it clear what this was about. The day I worry what a camp looking keyboard warrior thinks is the day I rip out my router. :lolol:

You don't care what I think, but you care enough about me to presumably stalk me and find out what I look like.

Congratulations.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
:lolol: Apart from the fact I saved you and your little friend from sharing a double bed in Le Havre, there was one photo of you on here that sticks in the mind for its campness. Stalk :lolol: talk about having tickets on yourself.

Ah yes, you've got me there.

Even though I've never been anywhere near Le Havre.

Funny, that's the second person in 48 hours who has mistaken me for someone else.

Even more funny is the fact that that my "fanclub" don't have the balls to say hello in person. Although actually, that's probably just as well, given that they would be met by bemused looks from the wrong person who has in reality probably never heard of Withdean Wanderer. :facepalm:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Thought so. Obviously never played the game of football either.

It shows.

Is this where I get to finally use the brag that i'm a reigning REMF/NSC 6-a-side Champion?! :jester:

(not sure what this has all got to do with Mike Ward!!)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a boring ramble of a Blog ! he says almost nothing of real interest and says it very badly. In fact, it's like a microcosm of the phone-in :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here