Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micropubs - will this catch on in Brighton?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is Hove really short of boozers?

Decent ones yes. I like The Connaught, The Neptune, The Poets Corner but I personally struggle beyond this. I used to like The Forrager until one of the bar staff snootily said "we are rather popular you know" when I questioned why the kitchen had stopped taking orders at 7pm one evening and couldn't conjur up any of the bar snacks which were advertised even though I was prepared to wait all evening as I was there for the long haul that night.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
So whats the plan then chaps? How do we move forward. I think either a day trip to a micropub, or a reconnaissance mission to Middle Farm in the sunshine (well, work needs to be done on buttering up the local great cider distillery) :D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So whats the plan then chaps? How do we move forward. I think either a day trip to a micropub, or a reconnaissance mission to Middle Farm in the sunshine (well, work needs to be done on buttering up the local great cider distillery) :D

A micropub reconnaissance mission would be good. The chap from Kent presented his idea to Camra so maybe go and see him as he has previously been keen to share his experience.

By the way, I have no experience in this field other than being a punter.

One idea I had was to maybe organise a one day 'pop up' pub i.e. find somewhere we can serve beer from and set up for the day. At The Great Escape music festival there was this little sunny grassy area behind the church on West Street, kind of around the back of Churchill Square. This was used as a bar area. If they can do it for 2-3 days then I'm sure we can.

Maybe if 4-5 of us got together we could meet this Kent chap, understand what is involved, and also run a pop-up for a day just to see how it all works in practice? [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] was keen, @Collosal Squid as well.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm up for this (but can do nothing in the next few weeks as I'm on holiday and have shedloads of work on)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here