Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams Rumour

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
And who do you have in mind as the next manager you'll try and drive out in 3 months time while he's still trying to get his team in place and playing the way he wants?

Spiros, I wouldn't bother. This berk would moan if we appointed Jose Mourinho.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And who do you have in mind as the next manager you'll try and drive out in 3 months time while he's still trying to get his team in place and playing the way he wants?

Judging by the way it has gone previously probably Booker and White as caretakers while we look for another manager.:lolol: That would serve all the anti MA campaigners right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ARE there any 'anti MA campaigners' then?

There's people who will put forward their view that he is a poor manager, making poor decisions, and achieving poor results. That's very different from actually agitating against him.

Personally I dearly want Adams to succeed, as that means BRIGHTON will be doing well.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

There's people who will put forward their view that he is a poor manager, making poor decisions, and achieving poor results. That's very different from actually agitating against him.

Personally I dearly want Adams to succeed, as that means BRIGHTON will be doing well.

Yes there are anti-MA campaigners, and you my friend, are one of them.

Why? Well, you have agitated against him, and in that very post you have highlighted this by calling him a poor manager. Yes, things are not going as well as they might at the moment, but a poor manager?? A manager with three promotions with different clubs does not represent a poor manager.

And yet you say you want him to succeed? How can you want a poor manager to succeed? That means he gets to stay longer, and you would prefer he leave now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

The tone of the people raising the critcism is such that it could be construed as trying to force the issue of either him being sacked, which some have advocated, or him walking away. Neither would be a good move for us as far as I can see and yes I do agree he has made mistakes but the only man who didnt still finished up on a cross, while we celebrate Easter.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Your own views lack credibility.

You fail to acknowledge Wilkins successes or Adams current failings and any questioning of DK judgement is vehemently defended by you, irrespective of any opinion offered.

bhadeb is actually your 'alter ego'

Ahh! I was wondering when you'd show up! :D

Nemisis = bhadeb/deano seagulls. That's pretty good even for you! Anyway, carry on everybody, all good knockabout stuff!

PS - Westdene Seagull: great post.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ahh! I was wondering when you'd show up! :D

Nemisis = bhadeb/deano seagulls. That's pretty good even for you! Anyway, carry on everybody, all good knockabout stuff!

PS - Westdene Seagull: great post.

and very entertaining better than a 50's stage farce this.

waste of time

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

That's my view as well.

Obviously I want Adams to succed, as I want Albion to be in the play offs at least this year but I would also like him to:

(Just for starters)

Play players in their correct positions.

Stop signing journeymen players at the expence of our home-grown talent.

Pick players on form/ability rather than reputation or past performances.

Get the players to show a bit more guile and skill (passing to each other would be a start)

Pick the right team/formation

Get set pieces sorted out

Stop making crap and pointless substitutions

and why he bought back Booker and kept White is beyond me.

BTW I was one who doubted that bringing Adams back would be a good thing - I still hope to be proved wrong. I also feel that the way Wilkins was sacked/treated was handled badly, but that's not the point - Adams is in charge now, he has broken up last year's side and will live and die by his decisions.

I also realise that he has zero chance of being sacked as we simply cannot afford to pay him off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes there are anti-MA campaigners, and you my friend, are one of them.

Why? Well, you have agitated against him, and in that very post you have highlighted this by calling him a poor manager. Yes, things are not going as well as they might at the moment, but a poor manager?? A manager with three promotions with different clubs does not represent a poor manager.

And yet you say you want him to succeed? How can you want a poor manager to succeed? That means he gets to stay longer, and you would prefer he leave now.

You are wrong.

He IS poor, though. Past 'glories' mean nothing. He is managing the side poorly = he IS poor. IF he turns things round and succeeds he will be turning his own carerer round , to the benefit of himself and the club. I hope he does. However, if he carries on making poor decisions, then yes, I'd be quite happy for him to choose to leave.

That's my view as well.

Obviously I want Adams to succed, as I want Albion to be in the play offs at least this year but I would also like him to:

(Just for starters)

Play players in their correct positions.

Stop signing journeymen players at the expence of our home-grown talent.

Pick players on form/ability rather than reputation or past performances.

Get the players to show a bit more guile and skill (passing to each other would be a start)

Pick the right team/formation

Get set pieces sorted out

Stop making crap and pointless substitutions

and why he bought back Booker and kept White is beyond me.

BTW I was one who doubted that bringing Adams back would be a good thing - I still hope to be proved wrong. I also feel that the way Wilkins was sacked/treated was handled badly, but that's not the point - Adams is in charge now, he has broken up last year's side and will live and die by his decisions.

I also realise that he has zero chance of being sacked as we simply cannot afford to pay him off.

You on the other hand, are spot on.

[Though you missed out 'Stop sitting back on the edge of our box, and inviting the opposition to attack, whenever we have a lead'.]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

If we stay in our current league position, when would you want him removed from his post. In other words Hans, how long would YOU give him ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we stay in our current league position, when would you want him removed from his post. In other words Hans, how long would YOU give him ?

I don't want him removed, as another change right now would be counterproductive, and the club can't afford it. If he were to CHOOSE to leave though, I'd shed no tears.

Its really not only about the league position either, is it? As a side we are going backwards. If there were real signs of progress, or if we were somehow unlucky to be where we are, then so be it. I'm a pretty forgiving chap.

That isn't the case though, is it? The facts are we have thrown points away time and again simply through poor decision making.

I'm a total pragmatist though, and if he starts to make it work, I'll be just as glad as anyone. All I want is for the Albion to be doing well, winning games in a full stadium. I want my two young lads to walk out of the family stand with smiles on their faces, having been entertained.

Maybe I'm too harsh? It probably doesn't help that the only two home matches I've missed were Man City and Millwall, which would have given him a little credit against the negatives of Bristol City, Orient, Walsall, Cheltenham, Hereford, Scunthorpe......

Anyway, I digress. How long would I give him? As long as it takes, if tangible signs of improvement are evident. If not, til this time next year.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well done you have pointed out that the current board has controlled the spending and not made the club bankrupt. :dunce:

They've also spent more on the playing squad this season than they have for a long time have they not? And still we are not bankrupt. And we are going to build a new stadium. If someone came along with more money then the current board have made it clear they will accept investment, sadly that has not happened. I guess the antics of Archer 11 years ago have made sure we would not be able to find a sugar daddy as we have no asset, so for the time being, until the new ground is there, we have to doff our caps to the current board who have controlled spending admirably.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
They've also spent more on the playing squad this season than they have for a long time have they not? And still we are not bankrupt. And we are going to build a new stadium. If someone came along with more money then the current board have made it clear they will accept investment, sadly that has not happened. I guess the antics of Archer 11 years ago have made sure we would not be able to find a sugar daddy as we have no asset, so for the time being, until the new ground is there, we have to doff our caps to the current board who have controlled spending admirably.

Spot on that man :bowdown:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It makes little difference who manages the club if the people who control spending remain in power.

Sorry, but that's utter shit.

Not just in respect of the other answers above, but also in te way you meant.

Our playing budget is favourable compared with many many other teams in this league, and considering the FOUR championship players we attracted in the summer, and all the championship loanees, almost certainly higher than it was last year.

You can't blame this seasons insipid start on the board - it just won't wash.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry, but that's utter shit.

Not just in respect of the other answers above, but also in te way you meant.

Our playing budget is favourable compared with many many other teams in this league, and considering the FOUR championship players we attracted in the summer, and all the championship loanees, almost certainly higher than it was last year.

You can't blame this seasons insipid start on the board - it just won't wash.

You know what that poster was intimating. Someone who has an anti board agenda, but perhaps cannot grasp what the situation is for the Albion. I concur with your comments, we have got in a group pf players who are, on paper, considerably better than most other teams in the league. We have spent more money on players, transfers, wages etc than I can remember for a long time. That poster needs to understand the teams position in the league is not about lack of invesment in the playing side. Maybe not the best choices have been made in some areas, but it isn't a devine right just becasue you spend the money. Look at Spurs earlier this season, look how "well" Man City are doing with the most expensive player ever in the UK, some people either are attention seekers, or missunderstand our position.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I dont think the board would have to sack Adams if this time next year we were in exactly the same position in the table. I honestly think he would walk. If he really loses the Brighton public at the end of this season following a relegation battle he could go at that point:

Then again we might make the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here