Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams is going to Port Vale

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
you don't know how white & booker performed last year, they probably worked their little socks off all year.

I think most of us on here know exactly how White & Booker performed last year - SHITE. Along with Adams, they were responsible for fielding a team that almost got us relegated. They may well have worked hard and given their all but it wasn't good enough, they weren't good enough. I see no reason why their abject failure should be rewarded with keeping them employed at the club. We need new coaches to take the Albion forward not stagnate and tread water with White & Booker.

SeagullOverBromley

May 17, 2009
As far as I have heard, White will definately be staying. As for Booker, there's every chance he joins up with Adams once again.

Slade is looking to bring in a new number two with Dean White dropping down into Bookers current role.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
0,,10381~6021177,00.jpg

Vale Chairman Bill Bratt this morning unveiled Micky Adams as the new Vale manager after the 47-year-old former Leicester City boss agreed personal terms.

After meeting Dave Ames, the chairman of the club's main sponsors, Harlequin Property, Adams was given the green light by the Vale Board and is ready to take over at the helm.

Having been successful in League Two when he guided Brighton to promotion in 2001/2002 and also previously with Fulham, he obviously knows what to expect at this level.

Micky was also in charge when Leicester won promotion to the Premiership in 2002/2003 and Vale Board know they have a man with all the right credentials to take the club forward.

Bill Bratt said: "Micky is one of the best managers that we could have got, he is hard working, enthusiastic and has great vision. He is the most high profile manager that we have had in the past 30 years and I am sure that he can take us forward. I would like to officially welcome Micky to Port Vale and let him know that everyone is behind him".

The new manager is keen to get his teeth into the job. He told the official site: "I am delighted to be here, it's a challenge that I am looking forward to and hopefully we can restore the fortunes of this wonderful club".

======================================================

They seemed to have whitewashed over his last league job!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wouldn't say he was more 'high profile' than Brian Horton who had managed Man City before Vale.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wot-a suit instead of a training top with 'MA' crayoned over the previous manager's initials?

Impressive!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/05/micky-adams-port-vale-manager

I found this bit interesting "I want to become part of the reason why players want to come to this club because they see we want to build something. I have not been given the opportunity to build in the past because people at clubs have demanded instant success. "

Reckon that's a dig at his last job? Or is it generally true of his time in management?

I found this bit interesting "I want to become part of the reason why players want to come to this club because they see we want to build something. I have not been given the opportunity to build in the past because people at clubs have demanded instant success. "

Reckon that's a dig at his last job? Or is it generally true of his time in management?

Or instead of instant success perhaps stabilising a squad that finished seventh the previous season instead of leaving them in the relegation zone when you left?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What instant success like perhaps stabilising a squad that finished seventh the previous season instead of leaving them in the relegation zone when you left?

Maybe that's where his strengths lie? Building a team from scratch which patently wasn't necessary here but he felt the need to do it anyway. There were plenty on here, initially, thinking it was a good thing as we were apparently in a false position the previous season....

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

Don't think we demanded "instant success" just not to be relegated.

Maybe that's where his strengths lie? Building a team from scratch which patently wasn't necessary here but he felt the need to do it anyway. There were plenty on here, initially, thinking it was a good thing as we were apparently in a false position the previous season....

Good point maybe he does do better starting from scratch or with a team that finished in a lowly position.
On your point about plenty on here thinking that the previous season we apparently finished in a false season, I have this to say:

THE LEAGUE TABLE DOESN'T LIE!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Good luck Mickey, not that you'll ever read this or give a flying **** what NSC thinks

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Port Vale have it spot on with a 1 yr contract. They are giving the guy a chance but not over committing themselves like we did.

I hope he does well for himself.

edit: oops..I forgot I had already mentioned the 1yr deal above!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Micky? Jump ship? For purposes of career advancement? Surely some mistake ???

Football manager to coach at top private school

Micky Adams, who left Brighton and Hove FC in February, is to take on a new coaching role at Ardingly College. Adams is to be Ardingly's Football Development Professional. He will be coaching and advising on football.

Micky Adams said he was looking forward to going “back to school.”

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me while I'm having a break from professional football to put something back into the game and coach for the good of football's future.”

He will take up his new role in August, although he is currently advising and coaching on Ardingly's summer programme.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd like to know what Adams said in his interview to win them over.

saintvaliant

Jun 4, 2009
Micky? Jump ship? For purposes of career advancement? Surely some mistake ???

Football manager to coach at top private school

Micky Adams, who left Brighton and Hove FC in February, is to take on a new coaching role at Ardingly College. Adams is to be Ardingly's Football Development Professional. He will be coaching and advising on football.

Micky Adams said he was looking forward to going “back to school.”

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me while I'm having a break from professional football to put something back into the game and coach for the good of football's future.”

He will take up his new role in August, although he is currently advising and coaching on Ardingly's summer programme.

And with all due respect what would you do?

Continue a loose coaching advisory job with a school and wait for the new term's football in September, or take a managerial job with a professional team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here