Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams is going to Port Vale

. . . and it's got 'Chardonnay' on the label. What's yours, ' Baby cham?'

Touché! A 1945 Chateau Mouton-Rothschild Jeroboam, my good man!

Last edited:

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Lazy git. If you took the trouble to read the full thread instead of making a smart arse ignorant comment you would see that pathetic expression of wind has already been made by an idiot in Perth. Pay attention :dunce:

well great minds think alike. Let's have a poll on how many people think that Port Vale is doomed

Took you long enough to swat that one up on Google. Far longer than it does for you to knock back a couple of pints of Foster's.

I don't drink that Australian crap! Mines a pint of Harveys Best Bitter please.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
God i'm sick to death of people bringing up the so called "Zamora factor" It's a simple fact that any team with a goalscorer has a good chance of achieving something. But don't take away the fact Adams built a brilliant team around Zamora. The likes of Cullip, Watson, Morgan, Kuipers and Brooker didn't just fall into Adams lap. He also generated a great winning team spirit and the football we played we also pretty good on the eye.

Is the current Leicester manager only going up due to the "Fryatt factor" or Alex Ferguson winning the Premiership due to the "Ronaldo factor"

For me Adams was a broken man in his second spell and so many of the attributes that made him a good manager first time around had gone. But it angers me when people write off his first spell as lucky.

The Zamora factor won us two Championships. Yes we had a good team but we did have the 2nd biggest budget in the 4th division, we were one of the best supported teams, Adams did have a core of players who'd done it for him before and he did a fine job but the team won the 2nd Championship without Adams and only because Taylor was tactically astute and Zamora was virtually a one man forward line in a very defensive team. But take Zamora out in either season and we may not have even got promoted the 1st time..imo. Sorry if it angers you but there WAS a Zamora factor :shrug:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The Zamora factor won us two Championships. Yes we had a good team but we did have the 2nd biggest budget in the 4th division, we were one of the best supported teams, Adams did have a core of players who'd done it for him before and he did a fine job but the team won the 2nd Championship without Adams and only because Taylor was tactically astute and Zamora was virtually a one man forward line in a very defensive team. But take Zamora out in either season and we may not have even got promoted the 1st time..imo. Sorry if it angers you but there WAS a Zamora factor :shrug:

The point I was trying to make was it wasn't JUST Zamora, although there is no denying he was vital as is any goalscorer.

Look at Bristol Rovers. They have Lambert who scored 29 goals and only finished mid table. So I guess the rest of the team weren't up to it or maybe the manager didn't have the tatics or motivation to get them winning.

First time around Micky did and to put that down just to us having Zamora is not fair.

The budget is a fair point but there is no god given right to do well just because you have the money. Just look at Leeds.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Spot on. Peter Taylor also improved the team greatly by getting-in Junior Lewis as well. Adams' team were simply "ok" without Bobby Z, and struggles to score goals. Even with Bobby Z they would have struggles to make the play-offs the second year under Adams.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Like I said on my thread a few days ago, Adams will be bringing in his own management team, and will likely offer Bob Booker the role of assistant manager.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Spot on. Peter Taylor also improved the team greatly by getting-in Junior Lewis as well. Adams' team were simply "ok" without Bobby Z, and struggles to score goals. Even with Bobby Z they would have struggles to make the play-offs the second year under Adams.

I think Junior Lewis pre-dated Peter Taylor at the Albion by about a decade didn't he?!?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here