Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Owen leaving the Grand with Poyet and Bloom (merged madness)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just noticed this thread.... Brilliant entertainment

I can confirm a couple of things

1) dimster pulls in 6 figures a year and is a sex lord, even though he does look a bit like a toff

2) nmh unfortunately does look like a dirty dirty old man and would have more chance of pulling a hamstring than a laydee these days.

X

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
Surely Montelongo cannot still be in the youth team?
no your right he was born in 1987....24 years old......

Bruno Montelongo Gesta (born 12 September 1987) is a Uruguayan professional footballer who plays as a defender for Serie A club Bologna, on loan from Milan.
Contents [hide]
1 Club career
2 International career
3 Statistics
4 Personal life
5 References
6 External links
[edit]Club career

Montelongo started his professional career with River Plate Montevideo, playing with their first team since 2007. In August 2010, he was loaned out to Italian Serie A club Milan,[1] while River president, Juan José Tudurí has been reported saying that Milan will decide within five or six months whether to fully purchase the player or not.[2]
On 26 January 2011, Bologna announced to have acquired Montelongo's playing rights on loan from Milan.[3] This implies that Milan must have previously purchased them from River Plate on a permanent basis. However, no statement has yet been issued about that.

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
heard from a friend of a friends friend....brother.....Tano is off to Sampdoria to scout some defenders as they are down and want to loan out some players! Maybe looking at some season loans and then off to A.C. Milan Primavera (youth team) to take a look at some lanky chap called Simone Romagnoli and a full back called Bruno Montelongo (Uruguayan....)

just found simon! 6ft 4
Simone Romagnoli (born 9 February 1990) is an Italian professional footballer who plays as a defender for Prima Divisione club Foggia, on loan from Milan.

[edit]Early career
Romagnoli joined Milan from Cremonese in January 2007, shortly before turning 17.[1] Throughout his time in the club's youth system, he has been a member of the under-16 squad who won the Campionato Nazionale Allievi in 2007,[2] as well as the captain of the under-20 side who won the Coppa Italia Primavera in 2010, 25 years after their last success.[3][4]
During the 2009–10 season, Romagnoli also started being selected for the first-team.[4] In particular, he was named on the bench for a league match against Palermo, though he did not come on.[5]
[edit]Foggia
In order to gain some first team experience, Romagnoli was loaned out to Prima Divisione club Foggia for the 2010–11 season.[6] He made his official debut for the club in the first game of the Coppa Italia Lega Pro group stage against L'Aquila — which Foggia won 2–1 — on 14 August 2010.[7] The next week, in the first league game of the season, he also scored his maiden goal with a header from a corner.[8]

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
From the official Michael Owen Twitter account 20 hours ago, hopefully this puts the rumour to bed

"@Brightonfeed there must be a good lookalike for me mate as I've been in Manchester and in Chester all day. "

Twitter

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
From the official Michael Owen Twitter account 20 hours ago, hopefully this puts the rumour to bed

"@Brightonfeed there must be a good lookalike for me mate as I've been in Manchester and in Chester all day. "

Twitter

It was in response to this:

tweet

@MylesBurrell Myles J. Burrell
Michael Owen (@themichaelowen) was spotted in Brighton (at The Grand Hotel) today. He's been linked with #Brighton all season. #MUFC #BHA

The original story said last week some time, not yesterday.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4116691 said:
Great thread :lol: Could this go on all Summer? Could we have commemorative half and half scalves? Team Simp and Team Beardy?

Duly obliged...

halfscarf.jpg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The only way this fantasy had any merit whatsoever is the alleged friendship between Owen and Bloom, that is the ONLY thing that could have made this possible, a personal connection..... and even then its still a long shot.

If its for footballing reasons alone, there are probably 5 or 6 prem clubs, and many more established championship clubs with bigger budgets who would easily beat us to his signature....... if there was any truth in it in the first place.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Twitter
He doesn't deny he's signing though.

:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

I don't know either but Simster has an unfair advantage as he's in blue and white......

Poor old NMH in Saints/Orient colours....

at least make it red/black for our away colours as of today!

It's also the same colours as the Premier league winners, and has their abbreviated City name in it :ohmy:

Just because I didn't buy a shirt from Sporting Colours, or take over your lease when you wanted out :angry:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lolol: that bug still there then.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
5/4 now on Skybet.
Who the HELL is betting on this? Absolute madness!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
5/4 now on Skybet.
Who the HELL is betting on this? Absolute madness!

Bloody weird but bloody near on impossible:glare:

Michael Owen to join by the end of 2011 Summer Transfer Window

Join By End Of Summer Transfer Window

Brighton 5/4
Southampton 5/1
Q.P.R. 7/1
Leicester 7/1
Liverpool 8/1
Everton 8/1
Aston Villa 9/1
Bolton 10/1
Derby 14/1