Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Owen leaving the Grand with Poyet and Bloom (merged madness)

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Owen already has 50 million in the bank and i hope we never add to that as he's seriously injury prone:)

Agreed, if you look at the Sunday Times Rich List of Sport yesterday there is no way Owen would join the Albion for money, if he is that keen to play he could go somewhere far more local. When he was at Newcastle he commuted, it would be difficult to do that to Brighton from Cheshire.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Agreed, if you look at the Sunday Times Rich List of Sport yesterday there is no way Owen would join the Albion for money, if he is that keen to play he could go somewhere far more local. When he was at Newcastle he commuted, it would be difficult to do that to Brighton from Cheshire.

Maybe, but I thought he had a helicopter? Maybe Gus could do a Dick Knight and offer him a tank of fuel for it?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
This talk of injuries is getting a bit tedious. Bobby Z appears to be far worse and we would all walk to London and carry him back on our shoulders. IF Owen were to join us, I think we can all be sure that TB would have worked out the probability of him actually playing, and bid accordingly.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe, but I thought he had a helicopter? Maybe Gus could do a Dick Knight and offer him a tank of fuel for it?

Multiflight-heli-2.gif

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Ceefax! Man with birds. this thread is hilarious

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It's clearly Mikkel Owein, the little known Dutch striker :jester:

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
Just tried google Owen to Brighton to try and understand how this stuff starts.. geez these rumours are like wildfire.. clearly fueled by chatter on sites like NSC. several rumour sites are showing the link but to me it proberbly started by a wum on here and off it goes.. come on people you cannot seriously think this is possible.. Owen in is injury prone, lives in Cheshire and we cant afford 1/5th of what hes reported to be earning (£50k) at United.

I did read another rumour though.. a little more believable

Buaben quits Dundee United - eyes Swasea, Brighton moves
Posted On Monday, 16th May 2011 Welcome to Ghanasoccernet.com, Ghana's most authoritative football news website.

Bowing out: Buaben last left Scottish side Dundee United
Ghanaian midfielder Prince Buaben has ended his stay with Scottish top-flight sides Dundee United and could move to England to play for Brighton or Swansea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thats good because if nothing else it will make other clubs think 's..t they mean business'. The down side is they could also think they must have a lot of money to spend so put the price of any transfer targets up.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Another Owen Thread, has this NSC rumour gone too far or is genuine....

Sky Bet:

MICHAEL OWEN TO JOIN BY THE END OF 2011 SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW
Join By End Of Summer Transfer Window
Brighton 2/1
Leicester 5/1
Q.P.R. 5/1
Everton 7/1
Liverpool 7/1
Aston Villa 8/1
Bolton 10/1
Derby 14/1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports