Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Men who do not like curry

AuntAgonist

Plastic fan
Apr 29, 2011
Don't like curries. Probably all the rubbish takeaways I've had, so don't bother any more. Now some nice chili on the other hand...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Strange as it may seem there are some males who do not like Indian food. What do folk think of blokes who do not like a balti? Ladies, could you date a man who does not like a madras? Who do some fellas not like the fiery food of the gods? Are they real men?

I hate curries. I have had a few but only to shut others up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hate curries. I have had a few but only to shut others up.

This is the right attitude. Whilst you do not like curry, you have manned up when required.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I hate curries. It's not the fear of the heat -plenty of other food I eat has fiery heat. It's more that I don't like indian spices - I especially can't stand coriander and tumeric.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Korma eaters are worse than curry haters.

They're just pretend curries for little girls.

Almost as bad as a curry from a Chinese restaurant, just vile. You wouldn't go to your local Indian restaurant and ask for Egg Foo Yong would you, Chinese people please stick to your wonderful dishes, leave curry to those who know how to cook it properly!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hate curries. It's not the fear of the heat -plenty of other food I eat has fiery heat. It's more that I don't like indian spices - I especially can't stand coriander and tumeric.

Fair enough. As you like Motörhead I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in the man stakes. :)

PS these slim jeans feel a bit slimmer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's just so much VARIETY to curry, I'm amazed some people are completely adverse to it. Personally I don't like loads and loads of sauce, so a dry-ish Balti with some keema naan or pilauw rice is a gastronomic marvel to me. Madras is about as hot as I go, north of that and it gets to be a bit of an ordeal. Onion bahjee, papadoms, mint sauce, lime pickle, bit of raw onion....oh my life, its food from the GODS.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I do not like hot (as in spicy, not temperature) food. When out for curries with friends I tend to go with the mixed grill.

I'm unsure what to make of this thread. It doesn't seem to have gone in the joke direction of how the only real men are the beer drinking, meat eating, car driving, misogynist type of brutish manly man, which makes me think it's not really a joke thread. (EDIT: All, right, some later posts are starting to go this way)

But, this can't be a thread with a serious question, can it? You don't really think there's any question that a real man could be defined by what he eats, do you?

Oct 25, 2003
i love curry, but i don't distrust those who don't, i certainly have no time for men who can't handle spice

every man who can't handle spice THAT I'VE MET has turned out to be an utter wanker

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Our local Nepelese says that their Korma is the best and most authentic dish on their menu.
I`ve always wondered how many coconut trees there are at the foothills of the Hymalayas though.

And the statement ''A man who doesn`t like curry'' is in fact a oxymoran isn`t it ?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How about men who dont like curry and sport?

Sport is fine, I'm not a huge sports fan. In fact I watch little football beyond the Albion.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I like curry but curry doesn't like me. Had to get up at 5am yesterday morning for a dump after a hot lamb madras; a real ring stinger as well. :eek:

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Korma eaters are worse than curry haters.

They're just pretend curries for little girls.

korma, the food for children... if you don't like hot, then how about a biryani or a Dansak or a Bhuna etc. you dont have to have an arse burner, however in the Slinky household, anyone who wont eat a madras or a vindaloo is not a curry eater!!!

Oct 25, 2003
i also find men who dislike all sport apart from something really obscure a bit odd

"so....do you like football?"

"nah, i'm not a fan, i only really like watching JAVELIN"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do not understand how people cannot like music.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm a very fussy bastard when it comes to this sort've thing - so never had one as theres so much I don't like

however I love Pussy , Music and Football = so I'm fairly Manly I would say :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here