Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Men who do not like curry

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Lamb is the best meat to curry in my opinion. It works so well.

Agree totally, the meat absorbs the flavours and has such an amazing texture when well cooked, spicy yet melting in your mouth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When I first came to this country I was horrified to walk past curry houses and see red faced, sweating men dripping over a sloppy oily fiery curry whilst downing beer every other moment his mouth was open. Quite a disgusting thing to witness, big red faced, sweating tossers frankly whom I wouldn't go near with a barge pole.

Have we met before then?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
You buggers.
It's gone eleven on a Sunday night, up early tomorrow, and reading this thread has given me a serious attack of the munchies. I can almost taste the fragrance of the Pilau rice, the steamy warmth of a Nan, the crispness of a poppadom, and the twang of a nice Madras doing a turn on my taste buds.
Jeez, I could really do with one right now.
Meh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree totally, the meat absorbs the flavours and has such an amazing texture when well cooked, spicy yet melting in your mouth.

I really like that dry Pakistani (I think) style where they rub spices onto lamb chops and stuff and BBQ it. There's a place in Lewes which does a nice curried lamb shank as well.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I really like that dry Pakistani (I think) style where they rub spices onto lamb chops and stuff and BBQ it. There's a place in Lewes which does a nice curried lamb shank as well.

Oooh, that sounds good...unfortunately I am some way from Lewes, but that lamb shank sounds tasty. I must try and find a Pakistani restaurant that does lamb chops in that style, most of the curry houses round here are definitely Indian, though we do have a Bangladeshi that isn't too bad.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oooh, that sounds good...unfortunately I am some way from Lewes, but that lamb shank sounds tasty. I must try and find a Pakistani restaurant that does lamb chops in that style, most of the curry houses round here are definitely Indian, though we do have a Bangladeshi that isn't too bad.

Tyabb in Whitechaple for your chops.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You buggers.
It's gone eleven on a Sunday night, up early tomorrow, and reading this thread has given me a serious attack of the munchies. I can almost taste the fragrance of the Pilau rice, the steamy warmth of a Nan, the crispness of a poppadom, and the twang of a nice Madras doing a turn on my taste buds.
Meh.

if you need someone to talk too, if the pangs get too bad , we`re all here for you.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
You buggers.
Meh.

You forgot the refreshing taste of the lager (of choice) slipping down.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Whilst I love curry I can't stand the curry bores who think the whole point is how hot you can handle it to prove how macho they are. And let's not forget that most of the curries you eat in a Take Away over here bear little resemblance to the curries you eat in India.

If you still want to prove what a double hard bastard you are may I suggest you try a little Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce with your chili con carne.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
OK so which cities offer the best curry houses?
Bradford, Glasgow, East London, Birmingham, Southampton, Leicester, Manchester.
I'm sure there are others but Brighton isn't so good IMHO.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Whilst I love curry I can't stand the curry bores who think the whole point is how hot you can handle it to prove how macho they are. And let's not forget that most of the curries you eat in a Take Away over here bear little resemblance to the curries you eat in India.

If you still want to prove what a double hard bastard you are may I suggest you try a little Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce with your chili con carne.

MetalMickey - What you really want is Daves Gourmet 'Ghost Pepper - Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce' - i use it like tomato ketchup. The Insanity sauce is boring compared to this bad boy!!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Lamb is good in curries... But even better is mutton. If you make you're own curries you can buy mutton from Azda. Superb IMO:thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The best thing Britain EVER did was colonise the Indian sub-continent. This has enabled us today to have rich seam of Indian culture running through British life from food to shops that open when you need them. The French and Italians, who always traditionally had better national cuisines than us, nowadays can only stare in envy at Britain's curry culture.

Curry, as has been mentioned earlier, is the food of the gods. Although the word 'curry' is a general catch-all that embraces a whole variety of foods and doesn't have to be a spent nuclear fuel rod with rice.

Nearly quarter past seven in the morning. I really fancy a nice breakfast Madras now.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I only really started liking curries when I was about 20 which was also the time that saw a major up-turn in my love life...so there could be a connection. Can't think the late night post-pub curries made me a more appealing partner though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here