Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Men who do not like curry

Dandyman

In London village.
This clearly requires some careful investigation. My own theory is that there is a strong link between men who don't like curry and an unusually intense interest in musical theatre.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I find that blokes who don't like curry, tend to be quite light on their feet and extremely good with colour.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Although I am not a curry eater, my dad has always eaten curries and usually up to a fair old heat. A few years ago I took him to a tex-mex restaurant and we both a dish called Heartburn Hotel - shredded chicken in a chilli sauce. My Dad is somewhat bald and I noticed part way through eating the meal that he was sweating up somewhat. The more he ate, the worse it got, so much so that we had to call for extra napkins as the sweat was pouring off of his head. Despite eating many a vindaloo in his time, he said that he found the heat of the dish to much for him.

Moving the discussion on a bit, I find that as I get older I am moving away from really hot chillies and looking for a more moderate heat with more flavour. I think this is down to a combination of a more educated pallate and the fact that my guts can't take the hot stuff so well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Although I am not a curry eater, my dad has always eaten curries and usually up to a fair old heat. A few years ago I took him to a tex-mex restaurant and we both a dish called Heartburn Hotel - shredded chicken in a chilli sauce. My Dad is somewhat bald and I noticed part way through eating the meal that he was sweating up somewhat. The more he ate, the worse it got, so much so that we had to call for extra napkins as the sweat was pouring off of his head. Despite eating many a vindaloo in his time, he said that he found the heat of the dish to much for him.

Moving the discussion on a bit, I find that as I get older I am moving away from really hot chillies and looking for a more moderate heat with more flavour. I think this is down to a combination of a more educated pallate and the fact that my guts can't take the hot stuff so well.

Your father's reaction reminds me of when I ordered Naphalm Chicken Wings.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Bloody hell I ve just been out for an Indian too. Lamb Madras, bloody handsome it was too.:drink:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I hate curries. It's not the fear of the heat -plenty of other food I eat has fiery heat. It's more that I don't like indian spices - I especially can't stand coriander and tumeric.

Pretty much same here - Bit of ENGLISH mustard and Horseradish..lovely.

Curry taste/flavour..Yuck.

My wife gives me gyp.. "But you so look like a curry eater..?!"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bloody hell I ve just been out for an Indian too. Lamb Madras, bloody handsome it was too.:drink:

Lamb is the best meat to curry in my opinion. It works so well.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I do love a good curry, I went out with an Indian Lesbian once called Minge eater...nice girl.

Ill get me coat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here