Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Men thrown off plane !!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Gully said:
So, if someone who was a Christian had "Soldier of Jesus" or "Christian Soldier" as his bluetooth moniker would you have reacted in the same way?

I hardly "reacted" just a little surprised someone would choose that as their Bluetooth name in the current climate.

If I discovered a "Soldier Of Jesus" or "Christian Soldier" I would either find it amusing or a little sad.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
algie said:
Are christian people blowing up planes,trains,buses etc?

Yes, they are called the US Army and Marines, but it is fine because the army describe this as 'collateral damage'

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Thimble Keegan said:
I hardly "reacted" just a little surprised someone would choose that as their Bluetooth name in the current climate.

If I discovered a "Soldier Of Jesus" or "Christian Soldier" I would either find it amusing or a little sad.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

So do you find the Salvation Army amusing or sad?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Vlad the Impala said:

Neither, surely in a tolerant society we have room for all religions.

I do however have a DVD featuring two nuns in the bath that is very spiritual

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Vlad the Impala said:

Do the Salvation Army announce themselves as "Christian Soldiers" or "Soldiers of Jesus"? Or would they call themselved by their name, Salvation Army? There's your difference.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
El Presidente said:
Yes, they are called the US Army and Marines, but it is fine because the army describe this as 'collateral damage'

Are they deliberately targeting civilians and public transport then?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
El Presidente said:
Neither, surely in a tolerant society we have room for all religions.

I do however have a DVD featuring two nuns in the bath that is very spiritual

I bet they do good work with candles too.

algie said:
Are christian people blowing up planes,trains,buses etc?

Not recently but you only have to look back a few years. IRA, INLA, UDF, UVF etc etc Christians I beleive, also was Timothy McVeigh the Oklahoma bomber Christian?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
algie said:

There is a minority in the US Army that is deliberately targeting civilians, yes. There's a few on trial right now for murder, and rape of a 14 year old girl.

It's a minority in the Muslim community too, so what's your point?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
algie said:

I sincerely hope not. However, if you shoot weapons and people die as a consequence, it is hardly accidental.

I recall some of the IRA bombers who killed people claimed that they had given a warning, so it was not 'their fault', but that does not wash with me either.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Southover Street Seagull said:
Not recently but you only have to look back a few years. IRA, INLA, UDF, UVF etc etc Christians I beleive, also was Timothy McVeigh the Oklahoma bomber Christian?

That's so 90s !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
bhaexpress said:
That's so 90s !

I am sure the Germans who bombed Coventry during WWII were Christians too...........:jester:

*waits for Frank to flick me behind the ears with a wet towel*

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
DTES said:
There is a minority in the US Army that is deliberately targeting civilians, yes. There's a few on trial right now for murder, and rape of a 14 year old girl.

It's a minority in the Muslim community too, so what's your point?

I think you will find the minority on both sides is vast.Handfull of Yanks Compared to a few thousand mulims:jester:
After all there's about 2 million muslims in this country and that still a very high preportion.So whats your point?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
algie said:
So whats your point?

Mainly just to argue with the point that someone calling themselves a "Soldier of Islam" should be feared, but that no-one being a "soldier" in the name of Christianity is anything to worry about.

Just that there are those to worry about in all walks of life

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why do people keep reverting to going back in time(Germany)etc
We are talking about NOW.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
algie said:

We are talking about NOW.

So the Northern Ireland conflict is definately, completely, over is it? You're certain there's never going to be a bombing "in the name of" catholicism again?

Lush

Mods' Pet
algie said:
I personally think muslims have brought this on themselves.Look at what happened after 7/7 LB?People didn't want to sit near Asian people carrying rucksacks etc on public transport.

How can over a billion people "bring something on themselves?" You might as well say that if a man gets abuse for being gay, it's his fault for "being from Brighton."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here