Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee's future - "Not for debate" says Knight

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Not for debate

Yorkie said:

"Every manager is judged on their results ultimately, that's normal in football. We've got nine more matches and we are going to be battling away, with Mark at the helm, to stay in this league. That is the only issue right now.

"If I gave Mark the 'dreaded' chairman's vote of confidence, half of the people would say 'we know what that means'. I'm not going to do it. His job is to keep this team in this league. We will discuss the future when we know what league we are in."

Excellent! This says to me hes gone at the end of the season if we go down. Only 9 more games to go then its bye bye Magoo :salute: :salute: :salute:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Repugnant Toad said:
Not exactly a glowing endorsement. The Argus just love that mythical "vocal minority of fans", don't they?

You have not quite worked out yet obviously that a majority on NSC does not mean a majority of fans. I know it is hard to believe but NSC attracts the moaning fans who are discontented and the vast majority of fans who support McGhee will not post on here or vote on polls.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Re: Re: Not for debate

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Excellent! This says to me hes gone at the end of the season if we go down. Only 9 more games to go then its bye bye Magoo :salute: :salute: :salute:

That is rubbish. It says we will look at the situation then. It is Knight's way of, hopefully, shutting people like you up until the end of the season. Then he will probably back McGhee again.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
"If I gave Mark the 'dreaded' chairman's vote of confidence, half of the people would say 'we know what that means'. I'm not going to do it. His job is to keep this team in this league. We will discuss the future when we know what league we are in."

To me that is saying Im not gonna upset the applecart now but bye bye Mr mghee at the end of the season If you can't keep us up.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
pishhead said:

To me that is saying Im not gonna upset the applecart now but bye bye Mr mghee at the end of the season If you can't keep us up.

I'd like to think KNight is currently doing a bit of scouting and sounding out for a new manager as we don't want the usual debacle next season with a week to go and no man in place to get the team ready for what will be a hell of a struggle next season in league one.

Dougal said:
I expect DK to fire if we go down from that statement

:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goring Gull said:
I'd like to think KNight is currently doing a bit of scouting and sounding out for a new manager as we don't want the usual debacle next season with a week to go and no man in place to get the team ready for what will be a hell of a struggle next season in league one.

Yep fully agree with this. I will say one thing about DK and that he is pretty shrewd when it comes to things like this and will learn from the Hinshelwood "mistake".

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I will say one thing about DK and that he is pretty shrewd when it comes to things like this

Excellent, I agree fully - then I'll expect to see you backing his decision about our manager next season then :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Excellent, I agree fully - then I'll expect to see you backing his decision about our manager next season then :)

Yep coz if we go down it aint MM.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
STOP GOING ON ABOUT SACKING THE MANAGER!
We are all gutted that Albion are in such a bad position in the league but it seems to me that all the idiots having a go at McGhee, Knight, Bob Booker or the team are just being pathetic and childish! Moaning and trying to blame people makes the whole situation feel worse! Lets all act like grown ups and get behind the club we all undoubtly love for the last 9 games! You never know what will happen! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you read it that is not what he said, I read it that he would review the situation dependant on what division we are in, and said that he would not give him "the vote of confidence" as that would be counter productive.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
6 wins in 51 is a win rate of over 1 in 10 which is a fair target to set a member of staff as acceptable, dont you think

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Re: Not for debate

Yorkie said:

The way I read it is the whole statement IS a dreaded 'vote of confidence'

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Finchley Seagull said:
You have not quite worked out yet obviously that a majority on NSC does not mean a majority of fans. I know it is hard to believe but NSC attracts the moaning fans who are discontented and the vast majority of fans who support McGhee will not post on here or vote on polls.

I wouldn't normally listen to anyone with less than 1000 posts but you're absolutley correct.:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
ditchy said:
It will close when we go on a Reading style march towards the championship next season .. and even then the moaners will say we could have done better !

Nail on head
:clap:

Re: Re: Re: Not for debate

Uncle Buck said:
Am glad somebody else picked up on that. Seems to be no change now, but things will be looked at in the summer.

A man with a career in PR there, keep both camps happy!!!

Well, actually, the more likely explanation is that he isn't prepared to discuss scenarios that involve us getting relegated, because he is backing us 100 per cent to stay up. If only Brighton fans would follow his lead.

Of course he is not going to say McGhee will keep his job when we are relegated, because that would be the chairman accepting tacitly we are going down. The day that the chairman does that, we might as well all give up and come back in August.

But the reality is we all know McGhee will be here in August come what may, and if anyone disagrees with that statement, a sporting £10 bet is on offer to all-comers (or higher if you fancy losing more money).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here